[Today at 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[Today at 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[Today at 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Why the change to the Recent News Ticker? Don't we all read Rosiak's Blog?  (Read 3168 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Just wondering why there was a change. Rosiak is a fixture (or should be) for most MUScoopers.

I enjoy reading the articles I cannot get without someone posting about them here or running across a link - by chance. I know some of the links were to "Marquette High Schools" somewhere in the country or even ancillary mentionings of the word "Marquette", but Rosiak's blog site shouldn't replace the old ticker.

Just my two cents.
SS Marquette

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Hey - I like the feedback! :)  Sometimes I don't know how much people use all the links we spread around the pages here.  Glad you noticed :)

I just changed it today - and honestly just because I was excited to finally find an RSS feed for Rosiak's blog.

I can put it back easy enough, but I'm curious what other people think too.

Avenue Commons

• All American
Just wondering why there was a change. Rosiak is a fixture (or should be) for most MUScoopers.

I enjoy reading the articles I cannot get without someone posting about them here or running across a link - by chance. I know some of the links were to "Marquette High Schools" somewhere in the country or even ancillary mentionings of the word "Marquette", but Rosiak's blog site shouldn't replace the old ticker.

Just my two cents.

I second that motion.
We Are Marquette

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Well .. my 2 cents .. the old one was so lame, I collapsed it many many months ago, I can't even remember what it was .. Yahoo something?

Rosiak's blog can sneak up on you, I don't check it every day .. and since (until now) their RSS feed was screwy, there were times I didn't read it for days. -- That being said .. could the # of articles be reduced to about 2?  He only writes a few per month, so having a dozen up there is long and old.

marqfan22

• Team Captain
i like the old one better becuase there were links to mu references i wouldn't have found on my own.  i can easily see what rosiak has to say.  my vote is to change it back

herboturbo

• Team Captain
Why not have both??
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

77ncaachamps

• All American
Why not have both??

I'd be for that too...but you'd have to limit Rosiak's to 4 or so right now (til the season kicks up) and keep the Yahoo to about 8-10 (or else you might miss something).
SS Marquette

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
OK restored the Yahoo feed - two notes:
- I can't adjust the number of entries (for now) - that comes from the RSS feed itself
- I think I'll try something different with the Rosiak feed - I'll give that a try by the end of July.

muwarrior87

• All American
good idea

marqfan22

• Team Captain
Thanks for switching it back.

77ncaachamps

• All American
Hell yeah...it's back... ;D
SS Marquette

Sir Lawrence

• All American
One annoying problem with the Yahoo feed--it seems to never clear old articles out.  For example, this morning it still shows the March 14th article "Can 12th Seed Be Lucky For Hogs Again?"  Just a tad stale.
Ludum habemus.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
One annoying problem with the Yahoo feed--it seems to never clear old articles out.  For example, this morning it still shows the March 14th article "Can 12th Seed Be Lucky For Hogs Again?"  Just a tad stale.

I've noticed that, and I'm convinced that's a problem from "The Morning News".  The "feed" is essentially just a Yahoo news search sorted for most recent first - the morning news must be continually modifying their pages to make them look "new".  Maybe I can contact them directly - we'll see...

feedback