collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Et tu, Dwyane?  (Read 14040 times)

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Re: Dwyane Wade Promotes IU Basketball
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2009, 02:13:12 PM »
Shortly after graduating from Duke, Bobby Hurley played an Indiana Hoosier in the movie "Blue Chips."

And look what happened to him.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2009, 02:41:50 PM »
In the last couple days, Doc Rivers and Ousmane Barro have promoted IU basketball as well.  Nothing we can do about it.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2009, 02:42:57 PM »
Although this is old, you'd think that Crean would be trying to establish a fan/alumni campaign surrounding the reason why "It's Indiana, It's Indiana".

He should be beating the woodwork to get Isiah, Kent Benson, Calbert Chaney, Jared Jeffries, etc to bang the drum how IU's tradition will be restored in the coming season(s).

DWade is a great advertising figure, but he doesn't seem to fit with IU.

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2009, 03:08:59 PM »
I agree with one of the first comments, if he crosses by doing anything else in affilation....it will break my heart. DWade is my favorite hooper ever, but don't pull S*#t like this.
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
Re: Et tu, Dwyane?
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2009, 05:14:19 PM »
So, to review:

Wade wears IU colors when he sells out and gets paid to be a jackass to a bunch of spelling geniuses.

Wade wears MU colors (including a shirt with the name on the front) when he does charity work, like the bit that ABC showed with him & the disabled kid.

I'm going to be okay with this.

My thoughts exactly.  He doesn't want to look like a dumbass in MU gear, so he does it in IU gear!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2009, 04:01:48 PM »
Although this is old, you'd think that Crean would be trying to establish a fan/alumni campaign surrounding the reason why "It's Indiana, It's Indiana".

He should be beating the woodwork to get Isiah, Kent Benson, Calbert Chaney, Jared Jeffries, etc to bang the drum how IU's tradition will be restored in the coming season(s).

DWade is a great advertising figure, but he doesn't seem to fit with IU.

IU and Crean are doing that as well.  Many former players are involved that haven't been in quite a number of years.