collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by 🏀
[Today at 04:02:44 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 02:26:40 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:42:55 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 459426 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Baseball Pissing Match
« Reply #2375 on: September 23, 2009, 02:53:32 PM »
Oh yeah, my mistake, we won't see that for a while because we've had it for the last 2 years, but the Cubs fans say we won't, so we won't.

Wager?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2376 on: September 23, 2009, 02:58:52 PM »
What do you think is going to draw Brewer fans out next season?  Bobbleheads every night?

In 2008 you had 3,068,458 fans.  It also is only 89% capacity during a playoff season.  Yikes.   Without Cubs fans selling out your park you wouldn't have made it over 3 million.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance/_/year/2008
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 03:03:12 PM by TallTitan34 »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2377 on: September 23, 2009, 03:05:34 PM »
I told myself I wasn't going to jump into this...

But come on TT. They were coming off of an even more disappointing year in 07, led to soft attendance in April and May.

You also can't ignore market size. Try as you may to get your digs in, but the smallest market in MLB drawing 3 mil in consecutive years is impressive.

Will it happen next year? Probably not, but if they are in it like in 08, it could follow the same pattern.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2378 on: September 23, 2009, 03:08:18 PM »
I'm not saying it wasn't impressive.  I'm saying it won't happen again anytime soon. 

I am trying to get digs in though yes.  ;D

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #2379 on: September 23, 2009, 03:21:20 PM »
I will agree that it won't happen until we get some of our own prospects up into the rotation and bullpen.  We can't get a number 1 or 2 starter in the market most of the time, at least not for more than half a year, so until some pitching prospects come around, I'm guessing the Crew will be in under 3mil in attendance as a 5+ team ERA is not not gonna get it done.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2380 on: September 23, 2009, 03:39:05 PM »
You have a tight window.  RIght now you can offer some decent money to free agents.  But if attendance starts dropping that money will start dropping too.  

You need to make the right moves starting this offseason.

EDIT:  Spelling mistake
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:24:33 AM by TallTitan34 »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2381 on: September 23, 2009, 03:48:14 PM »
You have a tight window.  RIght now you can offer some decent money to free agents.  But if attends starts dropping that money will start dropping too. 

That we can definitely agree on. This is Melvin's offseason, make or break. Looking at 2 yrs max with Prince, with no one near that production behind him. Gotta win now.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #2382 on: September 23, 2009, 04:27:22 PM »
Sometimes, but tradition has brought and kept fans in the stands. I don't think Milwaukee will be seeing a 3 million attendance year for awhile.

Actually, some genius marketing and the area around the stadium improving vastly has brought and kept fans in the stands.  The Cubs' "tradition" has had little to do with it in my view.

Huge offseason for the Brewers.  Big holes to fill at C, CF, SP aside from Yo, and possibly 2b and Closer.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #2383 on: September 23, 2009, 07:54:34 PM »
Trevor has stated multiple times that he has liked his time in Milwaukee and would not be against staying if they wanted him.  Hopefully this gets done, without too absurd of a salary.

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2384 on: September 23, 2009, 07:55:21 PM »

2008 N.L. Wild Card

We may have "only had" the wild card, but who won more games in the playoffs last year??

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #2385 on: September 23, 2009, 10:06:02 PM »

We may have "only had" the wild card, but who won more games in the playoffs last year??

I find it interesting that you called Cubs fans idiots for caring about the "small" victory of winning the season series over the Brewers (even after myself and TT stated that it was nothing to really be proud of), yet you bring up the fact the Brewers won 1 playoff game.  Hypocrite?

LON

• All American
« Reply #2386 on: September 24, 2009, 08:00:07 AM »
You have a tight window.  RIght now you can offer some decent money to free agents.  But if attendances starts dropping that money will start dropping too.  

EDIT:  Spelling mistake

Like signing Milton Bradley?

/had to

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2387 on: September 24, 2009, 08:24:21 AM »
Trevor has stated multiple times that he has liked his time in Milwaukee and would not be against staying if they wanted him.  Hopefully this gets done, without too absurd of a salary.

I agree.  The problem is that there are three other FAs right up the middle...Cameron, Kendall and Lopez.  Of the three, I'd like to keep Lopez, but he's coming off a real good year and has Scott Boras as his agent.

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2388 on: September 24, 2009, 11:01:24 AM »
I find it interesting that you called Cubs fans idiots for caring about the "small" victory of winning the season series over the Brewers (even after myself and TT stated that it was nothing to really be proud of), yet you bring up the fact the Brewers won 1 playoff game.  Hypocrite?

Hypocrite, maybe...but when Cubs fans make their o so intelligent comments like "we won the season series" and "WILD CARD"...it also needs to be stated that the Cubs have been swept from the playoffs two straight years while the Brewers did win a game. So there is absolutely nothing you can say about the playoffs, cause ya'll can't win a game.

I'll just say this now...I'm not on here a lot, I just started reading this topic, but I'll say this. I HATE the Cubs, passionately. Mainly because their moron fans don't have any idea what they are talking about. I basically hate Chicago sports in general, but at least I can respect White Sox, Bulls and even Bears fans. For the most part, those fans are at least competent and have a clue what they are talking about.

On the other hand, you have moronic Cubs fans you don't ever make sense, throw out ignorant comments, think their team is god's gift to sports, and don't realize they haven't won anything in over 100 years. Yet they still somehow talk ridiculous amounts of crap and think their are the most intelligent baseball fans there are. But there is a reason not only Brewers fans hate you, but also Cardinals fans as well as the rest of the teams in the Central Division. There is a reason you morons are hated.

I hold no respect for Cubs fans at all because they have never done anything to deserve respect...from anyone

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2389 on: September 24, 2009, 11:27:11 AM »
Like signing Milton Bradley?

/had to

You'll be hard pressed to find a Cubs fan who like the Cubs offseason moves last Winter.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #2390 on: September 24, 2009, 12:02:46 PM »
Hypocrite, maybe...but when Cubs fans make their o so intelligent comments like "we won the season series" and "WILD CARD"...it also needs to be stated that the Cubs have been swept from the playoffs two straight years while the Brewers did win a game. So there is absolutely nothing you can say about the playoffs, cause ya'll can't win a game.

I'll just say this now...I'm not on here a lot, I just started reading this topic, but I'll say this. I HATE the Cubs, passionately. Mainly because their moron fans don't have any idea what they are talking about. I basically hate Chicago sports in general, but at least I can respect White Sox, Bulls and even Bears fans. For the most part, those fans are at least competent and have a clue what they are talking about.

On the other hand, you have moronic Cubs fans you don't ever make sense, throw out ignorant comments, think their team is god's gift to sports, and don't realize they haven't won anything in over 100 years. Yet they still somehow talk ridiculous amounts of crap and think their are the most intelligent baseball fans there are. But there is a reason not only Brewers fans hate you, but also Cardinals fans as well as the rest of the teams in the Central Division. There is a reason you morons are hated.

I hold no respect for Cubs fans at all because they have never done anything to deserve respect...from anyone

Wow - hope you feel better now that you have that off your chest.  Making a comment about winning the season series on the pissing match thread - how dare us cubs fans.  I guarantee if the Brewers were to have won the season series there would be Brewers fans posting the same thing. 

As to the Cubs not winning in over 100 years - thanks for pointing that out, I didn't know that - I should stop being a fan now.

Here's the thing - EVERY team has moronic fans, if you want to put all of US cubs fans in the same boat, that's your prerogative.  I have friends that are Brewers fans and Cardinals fans and guess what - we have intelligent baseball conversations. 

It's good to know that I and all cubs fans are morons, ignorant, unintelligent, hated by every fan of every team in the NL Central, and not respected.

Just out of curiousity, what have the Cubs done to you to get you so riled up about someone posting the Cubs won the season series against the Brewers on what was formerly the "Brewers/Cubs Pissing Match" thread? 

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2391 on: September 24, 2009, 12:32:01 PM »
Basically everything I stated above makes me hate the Cubs. And what have they done to me??? they come up to Miller Park, get obnoxiously drunk and start talking their trash like they won the world series last year. Not to mention I've had beer thrown on me when I was sitting in my seat and not talking to any Cubs fans at all (so I did not instigate them to throw beer...I don't think they were throwing it at me, but it ended up on me and it pissed me off) and I've also been standing in line to get into Miller Park minding my own business and been shoved in the back for no reason. So there are two things that Cubs fans have done to me.

And yes, all Cubs fans are morons, ignorant, unintelligent, etc. That is the exact reason why the fan base as a whole is hated by the whole division and they get no respect from anyone. When you start acting with and showing a little class, then maybe you will get a little respect.

And no you shouldn't stop rooting for your team because you haven't won in a 100 years. Christ, Milwaukee hasn't won since we were the Braves...But Cubs fans should stop walking around like they have won the past 5 world series titles. Maybe you specifically don't act or talk like that...but when Cubs fans come up to Miller Park or I see Cubs fans out at a bar or whatever, that sure as he!! is the vibe they give off. And that is what I hate most about Cubs fans. You aren't winners, so don't walk around acting like you've won something. Cause you never do

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #2392 on: September 24, 2009, 12:45:01 PM »
Basically everything I stated above makes me hate the Cubs. And what have they done to me??? they come up to Miller Park, get obnoxiously drunk and start talking their trash like they won the world series last year. Not to mention I've had beer thrown on me when I was sitting in my seat and not talking to any Cubs fans at all (so I did not instigate them to throw beer...I don't think they were throwing it at me, but it ended up on me and it pissed me off) and I've also been standing in line to get into Miller Park minding my own business and been shoved in the back for no reason. So there are two things that Cubs fans have done to me.

And yes, all Cubs fans are morons, ignorant, unintelligent, etc. That is the exact reason why the fan base as a whole is hated by the whole division and they get no respect from anyone. When you start acting with and showing a little class, then maybe you will get a little respect.

And no you shouldn't stop rooting for your team because you haven't won in a 100 years. Christ, Milwaukee hasn't won since we were the Braves...But Cubs fans should stop walking around like they have won the past 5 world series titles. Maybe you specifically don't act or talk like that...but when Cubs fans come up to Miller Park or I see Cubs fans out at a bar or whatever, that sure as he!! is the vibe they give off. And that is what I hate most about Cubs fans. You aren't winners, so don't walk around acting like you've won something. Cause you never do

"And yes, all Cubs fans are morons, ignorant, unintelligent, etc." - Just wow. 

Consider this my last response since you clearly cannot have a civilized conversation.  As a Cubs fan, nothing bothers me more than jacka$$ Cubs fans because it gives the entire fanbase a bad name.  For the record, there are jacka$$ Brewers fans too - look back a couple pages and you will find a story I posted about how Brewers fans treated Mets fans at Miller Park.  People in glass houses . . .

As far as Cubs fans at Miller Park - deal with it or fill the stadium with Brewers fans.  I have seen Crew fans holding "Miller Park South" signs at Wrigley - big deal. 

As far as Cubs fans "giving off a vibe" when you see them at bars.  Maybe its the vibe they give off in response to the "all Cubs fans are morons, ignorant, and unintelligent" vibe you give off at bars. 

It is all a matter of perception.

Have a great day, and try not to get too upset about something as trivial as the head-to-head series of two teams not headed to the postseason this year.

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2393 on: September 24, 2009, 01:25:00 PM »
"Have a great day, and try not to get too upset about something as trivial as the head-to-head series of two teams not headed to the postseason this year."

That is exactly what I am talking about...IGNORANCE. Clearly this isn't just about someone posting something about winning the season series. As I stated earlier I havent been on this board for the past year like some of you...and therefore I haven't read 95 pages of trash talk between the 2. Therefore I posted my thoughts here

As for all fan bases have SOME moronic fans...true. But when a large majority of the fan base act the same moronic way, and not just "a few", that is how all Cubs fans get grouped together.

I wouldn't have a problem with Cubs fans coming to Miller Park if they had some dignity and class. But they don't. A lot of Cardinal fans make the trip to Milwaukee, and its actually kind of fun because they are respectable baseball fans and will talk trash during the game...and if they lose, their response would be, well ya'll got us tonight, but we're coming after you tomorrow. Let me buy you a beer. A cubs fan reaction or response after a loss??? "Uhhhh we're better than you and I'll whoop your ass, so there and the brewers suck".
Twins fans too, tons make the  trip to Milwaukee but they act appropriately and behave with class, etc. Again, its not just Brewers fans that hate Cubs fans, and there is a reason for that. Open your eyes a little and you'll see that.

Maybe the vibe if from all the idiots acting like they are gods gift to baseball yet haven't won a thing in over 100 years. You fools can't act like you do after losing for 100 years and be respected. It doesn't work that way.

I've never heard anyone say it better that Milton Bradley "There's a reason they haven't won here in 100 years".

the best part is that he is a member of the Cubs and he used the word "they". Even players are embarrassed to be associated with the organization

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2394 on: September 24, 2009, 01:28:47 PM »
"Have a great day, and try not to get too upset about something as trivial as the head-to-head series of two teams not headed to the postseason this year."

That is exactly what I am talking about...IGNORANCE. Clearly this isn't just about someone posting something about winning the season series. As I stated earlier I havent been on this board for the past year like some of you...and therefore I haven't read 95 pages of trash talk between the 2. Therefore I posted my thoughts here

As for all fan bases have SOME moronic fans...true. But when a large majority of the fan base act the same moronic way, and not just "a few", that is how all Cubs fans get grouped together.

I wouldn't have a problem with Cubs fans coming to Miller Park if they had some dignity and class. But they don't. A lot of Cardinal fans make the trip to Milwaukee, and its actually kind of fun because they are respectable baseball fans and will talk trash during the game...and if they lose, their response would be, well ya'll got us tonight, but we're coming after you tomorrow. Let me buy you a beer. A cubs fan reaction or response after a loss??? "Uhhhh we're better than you and I'll whoop your ass, so there and the brewers suck".
Twins fans too, tons make the  trip to Milwaukee but they act appropriately and behave with class, etc. Again, its not just Brewers fans that hate Cubs fans, and there is a reason for that. Open your eyes a little and you'll see that.

Maybe the vibe if from all the idiots acting like they are gods gift to baseball yet haven't won a thing in over 100 years. You fools can't act like you do after losing for 100 years and be respected. It doesn't work that way.

I've never heard anyone say it better that Milton Bradley "There's a reason they haven't won here in 100 years".

the best part is that he is a member of the Cubs and he used the word "they". Even players are embarrassed to be associated with the organization

Wild generalizations do not a good argument make.

This coming from a Brewer fan.

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2395 on: September 24, 2009, 01:35:01 PM »
Generalizations?? Just because you are a closed minded Cubs fans that refuses to see your own ignorance doesn't mean I am making generalizations.
Find a Cardinals fan and ask them what they think about you. Or a white Sox fan. Or a Reds fan. Or a Pirates fan.
Its not just us buddy

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #2396 on: September 24, 2009, 01:35:24 PM »

it's great how many people were proud of how WI was ranked 1'st in binge drinking but complain about a fan base getting drunk.  Chances that you have ever lived anywhere outside of Wisconsin... 1 in 8?  
People from Wisconsin hate people from other states.  You think that you are all special and unique snow flakes.   Let me guess you also hate vikings fans, Yankee fans, Wisconsin fans while they are cheering for wisconsin but not when they are cheering for the brewers/packers, think people from the east coast are jerks and think people from the west coast obnoxious.  If you look for something to be mad about you'll find it.
Fans are fans, get over yourself.  Why should we try to impress you when you?  You think every single person who goes to a game in blue is a moron.  The fact that wisconites think they actually have rational reasons for all their hatreds is hilarious.  But it's not your fault, everyone in America has a superiority complex over WI.  The entire country does.  It's you against them.   ::)

Isn't stereotyping fun?!?!  You don't need facts, you don't need to get to know people, just make assumptions about them.  Did you know that every raider fan beats their wife?  Even the women and unwed!

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2397 on: September 24, 2009, 01:42:44 PM »
Chances I've lived outside WI are pretty damn good since I live in the south right now.

If you took a minute to read my post above, you would have read that I have no problem with Bulls fans, White Sox fans or even Bears fans.
Nope don't hate Vikings fans either. or Yankee fans or Wisconsin fans. And when I was in New York, there were plenty of people that were jerks and have never been out west so I have nothing to say about them.

Its basically just the Cubs and their fans that I truly do hate with a passion.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2398 on: September 24, 2009, 01:55:24 PM »
Chances I've lived outside WI are pretty damn good since I live in the south right now.

If you took a minute to read my post above, you would have read that I have no problem with Bulls fans, White Sox fans or even Bears fans.
Nope don't hate Vikings fans either. or Yankee fans or Wisconsin fans. And when I was in New York, there were plenty of people that were jerks and have never been out west so I have nothing to say about them.

Its basically just the Cubs and their fans that I truly do hate with a passion.

Why do people get so worked up over this?  Seriously....you need a pill or something.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2399 on: September 24, 2009, 01:56:29 PM »
Generalizations?? Just because you are a closed minded Cubs fans that refuses to see your own ignorance doesn't mean I am making generalizations.
Find a Cardinals fan and ask them what they think about you. Or a white Sox fan. Or a Reds fan. Or a Pirates fan.
Its not just us buddy

I AM A BREWERS FAN, YOU ARE BEING A JACKASS.