[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 459329 times)

Kramerica

• Starter
Re: Baseball Pissing Match
« Reply #2350 on: September 10, 2009, 03:51:46 PM »
the main reason everybody "hates" the Brewers is because they've become a competitive club.

Since when does being 15 games out of first count as being a competitive club?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2351 on: September 10, 2009, 03:58:04 PM »

Hahaha.  +1

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #2352 on: September 10, 2009, 04:53:18 PM »
(Example - I went to a baseball game at Miller Park between the Brewers and the Mets.  A family of four - dad, mom, and two kids no older than 12 were wearing Mets jerseys.  A bunch of drunken Brewer fans proceed to call the entire family a bunch of f@g$ - you think anything happened to them?)

P.S.  Didn't the Brewers have an opening day 10-15 years ago where the give away was a free baseball and hundreds if not thousands of baseballs were thrown onto the field?  Drunken fans are drunken fans wherever they are.  More prevalent at Wrigley?  Maybe - but the people in the bleachers at Wrigley are rarely true Cubs fans anyway.

That never happened  ;).

You're right that each team has their dumb fans.  Usually it is towards other teams, calling them "jack azzes" or towards the fans from the other team-which is entirely inappropriate-for no reason other than wanting to watch their team who they don't get to see that often.  There is no place for that.

However, when you berate a solitary member on a team, or a group of them, for their ancestry that is a whole different low.  If I were at a Crew game and I heard someone yelling at Cameron during his struggle and he kept it to asking him why he's hitting so poorly and if it is because he wasn't on roids-understandable; but if someone was hollering at him calling him something derogatory about something he could not have decided like his race--I would, as a fan and representative of the Brewer fanbase, step in and tell the schmuck to shut-up and get out.  So let's say the person is drunk and illogical and a fight may/probably ensue-go immediately to someone in authority--their all around the place and point him out, they will watch them and if he/she says it again security will come in and take care of it.  I would also go get my buddies and tell him to shut up and sit down--or leave.

That is what I cannot comprehend.  How was it that these things were going on, in what appears to be on a consistant basis, and no other fans stepped up and told the other person to shut-up or "shut the f*** up."  That is the disturbing part.  No one had the balls to say anything to the individuals saying these things.

I agree that it reflects poorly on a franchise and I wish there was more that could be done or would be done.  However, I also believe that this celebration reflects poorly on the Brewers - it was not their fans - it was their players.  They have already rubbed at least 4 teams the wrong way this year - it's not just a coincidence. 

I don't mind rubbing teams the wrong way one bit.  I mean the Brewers have been in anonymity for how long.  If they rub a team a wrong way, to get them some fire and they talk about the Brewers in a bad way--so be it.  The next time the club plays them, remember what those teams said and fire back with fastballs and home runs.  It isn't coincidence and I have no problem with that.
Marquette University, Spring '08

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #2353 on: September 10, 2009, 06:01:26 PM »

Haha I'll give you that. I knew it was coming. I'm saying in the grand scheme, over the last couple of seasons, the Brewers have become more competitive, to the point where people might start to think, "Hey, we used to beat the crap out of these guys. What the hell?" And chances are, some of them might be a little irked at the fact that games against the Brewers are no longer good for 12 or 13 divisional wins on an annual basis.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #2354 on: September 10, 2009, 10:21:00 PM »

However, when you berate a solitary member on a team, or a group of them, for their ancestry that is a whole different low.  If I were at a Crew game and I heard someone yelling at Cameron during his struggle and he kept it to asking him why he's hitting so poorly and if it is because he wasn't on roids-understandable; but if someone was hollering at him calling him something derogatory about something he could not have decided like his race--I would, as a fan and representative of the Brewer fanbase, step in and tell the schmuck to shut-up and get out.  So let's say the person is drunk and illogical and a fight may/probably ensue-go immediately to someone in authority--their all around the place and point him out, they will watch them and if he/she says it again security will come in and take care of it.  I would also go get my buddies and tell him to shut up and sit down--or leave.

That is what I cannot comprehend.  How was it that these things were going on, in what appears to be on a consistant basis, and no other fans stepped up and told the other person to shut-up or "shut the f*** up."  That is the disturbing part.  No one had the balls to say anything to the individuals saying these things.

I have no reason to disagree with any of this.  I fully support this statement.  It's unfortunate and as a fan of that club I hope there is something done that will take care of the problem.  The only thing to remember (as I stated before), while this makes all the Cubs fans look like ignorant @$$es, those sitting in the bleachers are usually peripheral fans more interested in drinking than watching baseball.  It's the unfortunate aspect of having such a large "fan"base.   

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2355 on: September 17, 2009, 09:25:19 AM »
Not a single comment during a 4 game series in the middle of September between the Cubs and Brewers.

That's not the sign of a good season for either team.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2356 on: September 17, 2009, 09:34:04 AM »
Not a single comment during a 4 game series in the middle of September between the Cubs and Brewers.

word :-/

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #2357 on: September 19, 2009, 08:13:43 PM »

Baseball season isn't over?

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2359 on: September 21, 2009, 12:09:59 PM »
I've decided I like Milton Bradley.  He's like the bad guy in wrestling and whenever he speaks its just to piss off the crowd.  He even taunts the fans by bowing and giving them hand gestures. 

Since baseball isn't working out I think he should pursue a career in the WWE.  Vince McMahon could pay the rest of his $21 million salary!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2360 on: September 21, 2009, 12:15:06 PM »
GO BREWERS!!!!!!!!!  ;D
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #2361 on: September 21, 2009, 01:12:20 PM »
I've decided I like Milton Bradley.  He's like the bad guy in wrestling and whenever he speaks its just to piss off the crowd.  He even taunts the fans by bowing and giving them hand gestures. 

Since baseball isn't working out I think he should pursue a career in the WWE.  Vince McMahon could pay the rest of his $21 million salary!

I like him too. But those Parker Bros have him beat, imo.  :D

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2362 on: September 21, 2009, 04:17:11 PM »
I like him too. But those Parker Bros have him beat, imo.  :D

Hard to say.  Parker Brothers has a legendary three but past that they have nothing.  Milton Bradley has numerous favorites.

Milton Bradley:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Milton_Bradley_Company_products
Candy Land
Battleship
Connect Four
Life
Guess Who
Jenga
Yahtzee
Etc.

Parker Brothers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parker_Brothers
Monopoly
Trivial Pursuit
Risk

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2363 on: September 21, 2009, 04:51:18 PM »
Definitely Parker Brothers. Kinda like comparing Jim Brown to Walter Payton. Both were awesome, but while Jim brown had fewer seasons, the performance level in those he did play was unbelievable.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2364 on: September 22, 2009, 01:39:32 PM »
The Cubs can clinch a season victory over the Brewers tonight.  They are up 8 games to 6 with 2 to play.

A sad sad conselation prize for the season.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #2365 on: September 22, 2009, 01:44:36 PM »
I count 9-6 in favor of the cubs - with last night being the clincher - but agree, not much to play for

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2366 on: September 22, 2009, 01:48:48 PM »
Good call.  I forgot to count last nights game.

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2367 on: September 23, 2009, 01:28:26 PM »
Congratulations on your season series win over the Brewers. I know you idiots have to look at these small accomplishments with great pride and joy...thats what happens when you come from a 100 year losing tradition

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2368 on: September 23, 2009, 02:27:48 PM »
Congratulations on your season series win over the Brewers. I know you idiots have to look at these small accomplishments with great pride and joy...thats what happens when you come from a 100 year losing tradition

Congrats on just not really having a tradition.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #2369 on: September 23, 2009, 02:32:05 PM »
Congrats on just not really having a tradition.

Sometimes no tradition is better than a bad tradition.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2370 on: September 23, 2009, 02:36:28 PM »
Sometimes no tradition is better than a bad tradition.

Sometimes, but tradition has brought and kept fans in the stands. I don't think Milwaukee will be seeing a 3 million attendance year for awhile.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2371 on: September 23, 2009, 02:38:15 PM »
Did you guys miss the part where I said it is a sad sad conselation prize for the season.  

Considering this is a pissing match between Cubs fans and Brewers fans I think that stat is pretty relavent.

2008 N.L. Wild Card

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2372 on: September 23, 2009, 02:38:24 PM »
Sometimes, but tradition has brought and kept fans in the stands. I don't think Milwaukee will be seeing a 3 million attendance year for awhile.
Uhh...Milwaukee has had over 3 million for the past 2 years...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2373 on: September 23, 2009, 02:39:27 PM »
Uhh...Milwaukee has had over 3 million for the past 2 years...

Uhh...and MarqPTM is right.  You won't see that for a long while.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2374 on: September 23, 2009, 02:44:35 PM »
Uhh...and MarqPTM is right.  You won't see that for a long while.
Oh yeah, my mistake, we won't see that for a while because we've had it for the last 2 years, but the Cubs fans say we won't, so we won't.