'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] Roseboro, MU part ways  (Read 8519 times)

ToddRosiakSays

[Rosiak's Blog] Roseboro, MU part ways
« on: August 23, 2009, 08:00:03 PM »
Roseboro, MU part ways

Freshman forward Brett Roseboro has decided to leave MU, both Roseboro and coach Buzz Williams confirmed on Sunday.

"I liked the teammates, I liked the coaching staff," Roseboro said by phone. "I liked it, but I just wasn’t happy. I mean, everybody wants to know what happened. It’s not like I’m homesick or anything, I just feel like maybe it wasn’t the right fit for me. Maybe somewhere else, maybe a lower level, would have been a better fit for me."

Said Williams: “Brett has decided to continue his career in an environment where he feels more comfortable regarding his development. He worked extremely hard this summer while he was on campus and will be a quality addition to the program he joins.  We have been in contact with Brett and his family throughout his decision-making process and wish them the best of luck.”

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/54402887.html

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] Roseboro, MU part ways
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 08:10:57 PM »
at least the kid is honest enough to admit he was in over his head and that he wasn't ready to play at this level.  Hopefully he finds a place more in-line with his skill where he can be a solid player.

Best of luck to him. 

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 08:15:03 PM »
Best of luck to him. 

It does seem a bit naive to step into a program and expect to see significant playing time as a frosh unless you are a particularly gifted player ranked on several lists and with interest from major programs across multiple conferences, but hey, that's being 17. 

So...  Who fills that scholarship?
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 08:24:11 PM »
Classy satements on both sides. Best of luck Brett.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 09:06:01 PM by Ruby »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 08:40:00 PM »
Best of luck to him. 

It does seem a bit naive to step into a program and expect to see significant playing time as a frosh unless you are a particularly gifted player ranked on several lists and with interest from major programs across multiple conferences, but hey, that's being 17. 

So...  Who fills that scholarship?

Nobody fills it this year IMO.  This leaves one additional scholie for next year.  It also perfectly evens out the classes...three with three members and one with four.  (I know that will likely change though.)

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 09:26:08 PM »
brett,

thanks for letting the buffoons such as chiocs know that you were not run out.

sincerely,
mr hayward

chapman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 09:38:50 PM »

Nobody fills it this year IMO.  This leaves one additional scholie for next year.  It also perfectly evens out the classes...three with three members and one with four.  (I know that will likely change though.)

With two open scholarships now 98% likely to be banked it also means, particularly with the Mbao suspension and the article mentioning that Fulce still isn't healthy, we're an injury or two away from running a thin bench again. Problem is there aren't three seniors logging 37 minutes per game anymore.  And also with Yous suspended, it means we're going to see some small lineups again.  Unless Otule improved drastically, it's going to be 20-25 minutes of Lazar, Fulce (if he's healthy), or E-Will at the 5; still probably a good 15 of small ball after Mbao is able to play.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 09:50:54 PM »
With two open scholarships now 98% likely to be banked it also means, particularly with the Mbao suspension and the article mentioning that Fulce still isn't healthy, we're an injury or two away from running a thin bench again. Problem is there aren't three seniors logging 37 minutes per game anymore.  And also with Yous suspended, it means we're going to see some small lineups again.  Unless Otule improved drastically, it's going to be 20-25 minutes of Lazar, Fulce (if he's healthy), or E-Will at the 5; still probably a good 15 of small ball after Mbao is able to play.

They haven't announced his suspension yet have they?  Did I miss something?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 10:01:35 PM »

They haven't announced his suspension yet have they?  Did I miss something?

Not yet.  We can only hope it's short (8 games or less).  If Mbao is suspended and Fulce unable to play more than a few minutes, it would leave us with 9 able-bodied players.  Which means Roseboro had to be a long, long way off if nobody (not even him) felt he could have improved enough over the next three months to earn any playing time.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 11:54:47 PM »
brett,

thanks for letting the buffoons such as chiocs know that you were not run out.

sincerely,
mr hayward

I hope this went in an email for him, I'm sure he would love it.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 12:07:55 AM »
I hope this went in an email for him, I'm sure he would love it.

You're right Hayward.....his coaches are probably lying most likely. Afterall, why wouldn't they.  And while they were at it, why not throw their guy under the bus as well by intimating publicly what Brett told them (erh, I mean didn't tell them because, you know, they were lying and such).   ::)  And I'm sure if they weren't lying, Brett probably didn't get any advice on what to say considering he's now looking for a scholarship to play somewhere.   Nah, that couldn't be it

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 08:28:50 AM »
Good luck Brett.

Hope he finds a more fulfilling opportunity.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 08:37:29 AM »
Good for him to admit "Maybe at a lower level", whether it was told to him by the staff or just by self-realization once he went head to head with the current players.  Best of luck to the young man.

I hope they bank the scholarship for next year.  That would give them time to determine if Buycks can be a point guard back-up to Junior.  If not, then there is the concern. 

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 09:31:03 AM »
at this point it looks like Mu is concentrating on a big or a combo guard candidates such ar Desrosiers and Pinkston will be one campus shortly as potential PF's and Golden and other combos will be at the camp or visiting as well.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 09:34:07 AM »
Roseboro was always a stretch recruit. It seems a sign of the times that this decision is made in August rather then next April. In the past, a player in over his head may "waste" a year on the bench then leave for a new school. No matter which road is chosen, the end is the same.

Whether Buzz is to blame for this happening now is each their own but he does get the blame for jumping into bed too quickly with a small town recruit who's only high level of play came during three streetball games in NYC. We suffered under Crean when his "flyer" recruits didn't pan out so we should be used to this feeling by now.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 09:43:16 AM »
"Roseboro said he is considering Temple, St. Bonaventure, Rhode Island and Nevada and he doesn't regret signing with MU."

I bet he pulls an Amo and follows the warmer weather and ends up in Nevada.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

nyg

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 09:50:00 AM »
at this point it looks like Mu is concentrating on a big or a combo guard candidates such ar Desrosiers and Pinkston will be one campus shortly as potential PF's and Golden and other combos will be at the camp or visiting as well.

Rivals is reporting Cory Joseph, one of the best players in the 2010 class visited MU last week.  Anyone have knowledge of this?

Dog

• Walk-On
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 12:10:51 PM »
Yes, his uncle lives in Milwaukee and MU has a good chance of landing him.

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 12:18:19 PM »
nyg

Do you have a link? The only Rivals news I can find about him shows him visiting U Conn, Georgetown and Minnesota.

thanks

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 12:20:47 PM »
Way to sniff out the facts, Dog!

nyg

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 12:36:29 PM »
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Cory-Joseph-84075

Couldn't find the article, but it was on the site somewhere.  Definitely stated he had visited. 

Dog

• Walk-On
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 04:58:37 PM »
He visited on 8/16 on his way home to Toronto.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 05:18:19 PM »
He visited on 8/16 on his way home to Toronto.

Wow!

C'mon Junior, work those Toronto ties!

I'd love to see us get Maurice Walker and Cory Joseph, even if that meant Marquette was becoming Little Canada.  Too bad Liam got injured...otherwise if he was still playing and if we managed to get Walker and Joseph, we'd have to start playing the Canadian National Anthem at the BC!

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 11:41:04 PM »
Marquette is always looking to have greater diversity on campus  ;).....I'd say were due for a large contingent of Canucks.

{Juggernaut}

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 07:31:56 AM »
Canucks are Vancouver... It would be a large contingent of Maple leafians.
Calling someone a Canuck when they live in Toronto is like calling a person who lives in Seattle a New Yorker. 
Da Bulls

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 07:43:47 AM »
Calling someone a Canuck when they live in Toronto is like calling a person who lives in Seattle a New Yorker. 

No, Canuck just means Canadian, like Australian is an Aussie or a New Zealander is a Kiwi.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 09:03:39 AM »

According to the InternetI:  "The term Canuck is first recorded about 1835 as an Americanism, originally referring specifically to a French Canadian. This was probably the original meaning, though in Canada and other countries, "Canuck" refers to a Canadian."

Perhaps the Internet should be updated?  The only real reason that Canuck is associated with Vancouver is because of their hockey team.  Vancouver claiming the term "canuck" would be like Boston claiming the term "patriot" for themselves.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 09:07:20 AM »

Mis-fired on that one.

{Juggernaut}

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 09:08:29 AM »
French Canadians are from the eastern portion of Canada so thank you for proving my point there .... ehhhh
Da Bulls

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 09:12:30 AM »
The only real reason that Canuck is associated with Vancouver is because of their hockey team.  Vancouver claiming the term "canuck" would be like Boston claiming the term "patriot" for themselves.

I think another apt example would be foreigners' general references to Americans as "Yanks" or "Yankees."  In that context, they're not necessarily referring to New Yorkers or even Northerners.  Just because a professional sports franchise adopts a common term as its name/mascot doesn't mean that the term refers only to the people in that town or region.

I'll grant that if an American refers to a Yank or Yankee, it's probably a reference to a Northerner.  I don't pretend to know what it means (if anything) when a Canadian refers to a Canuck.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 09:15:11 AM »
French Canadians are from the eastern portion of Canada so thank you for proving my point there .... ehhhh

Was this supposed to be in teal?  You do know where Vancouver is, right?

Although I think his general point is the term now is generally thought to refer to any Canadian.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 09:17:37 AM »

You boob. A "Canuck" is a Canadian...or more specifically a French Canadian. It's akin to the term "Yankee."

{Juggernaut}

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 09:31:00 AM »
I guess we will all have to agree to disagree...
Da Bulls

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 09:41:39 AM »
I guess we will all have to agree to disagree...

No, a Canuck is a Canadian like a Kiwi is someone from New Zealand and an Aussie is from Australia. There is no agree to disagree - that is a fact. PRN is right.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2009, 09:49:01 AM »
I refer to them all as Not-American.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.