Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Top 65 Non-Conference Games  (Read 2375 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Top 65 Non-Conference Games
« on: August 16, 2009, 12:41:17 PM »
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9914728/Top-non-conference-games-to-watch-in-2009-10

Haha Marquette vs. Wisconsin isn't even listed.  That makes no sense.  He has Tulsa at Duke listed in it.  Wow.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Marquette84

• All American
Re: Top 65 Non-Conference Games
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 02:07:37 PM »
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9914728/Top-non-conference-games-to-watch-in-2009-10

Haha Marquette vs. Wisconsin isn't even listed.  That makes no sense.  He has Tulsa at Duke listed in it.  Wow.

Considering that the majority of our own fans think .500 in conference play is setting the bar too high, its not surprising this game isn't a top non-conference matchup. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 02:11:51 PM »
Considering that the majority of our own fans think .500 in conference play is setting the bar too high, its not surprising this game isn't a top non-conference matchup.
Yeah but to say Tulsa at Duke is going to be a better non-conference game than Marquette at Wisconsin?  Not to mention they have our game against Xavier in there.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 02:28:25 PM »

Why would it be listed?

Goodman just got done writing an article about how anonymous MU will be next season, and considering Wisconsin is coming off a season where they were the last team admitted to the NCAA Tournament and it doesn't look much different for next March, it's clear to see two mid-tier teams doesn't make for great non-con action.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 06:31:45 PM »
Why would it be listed?

Goodman just got done writing an article about how anonymous MU will be next season, and considering Wisconsin is coming off a season where they were the last team admitted to the NCAA Tournament and it doesn't look much different for next March, it's clear to see two mid-tier teams doesn't make for great non-con action.
I get it, I really do, but then I will ask again, why would he have us on the list against Xavier then?  If we're anonymous and don't deserve to be on this list, then why are we?  I'd say our matchup with Wisconsin, an in-state rivalry, is more intriguing than our matchup with Xavier at a neutral.

And again, I'll ask, is TULSA AT Duke really more intriguing?  I don't see that game being within 20, and what makes that game intriguing?  I'll take MU-UW over that game.
Kansas State vs. UNLV on a neutral court?  South Carolina at BC?  Siena at Georgia Tech?  Oklahoma State at Tulsa?

I really do understand that MU and UW might not be expected to make much noise in the NCAA Tournament this year, but I'll take an in state rivalry with some teams that have been pretty solid in recent years over a game like Tulsa going into Cameron Indoor.

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 10:54:43 AM »
I am surprised Louisville at mu isn't listed.
that's going to be nuts, MU fans always let the villain have it.
I can see it now about 45 Pitino heads behind the hoop and about 25 Karen Sypher heads to boot!

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 11:11:03 AM »
I am surprised Louisville at mu isn't listed.
that's going to be nuts, MU fans always let the villain have it.
I can see it now about 45 Pitino heads behind the hoop and about 25 Karen Sypher heads to boot!

Cough cough...Non-Conference.
Unless the MU you are referring to stands for something other than Marquette.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt