'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pitino Situation Turning Really Ugly  (Read 35065 times)

Sheriff

• Starter
Re: Pitino Situation Turning Really Ugly
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2009, 07:40:31 PM »
Petino went on medical leave for undisclosed urological problem in January, 2004.  The recently reported escapade took place in August 2003.  Any correlation?  Hmmmm....

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2009, 08:11:59 PM »
Does anyone think the "Italian coaching mafia" (vitale, calipari, et al) are going to come to his aid?

EDIT: on second thought, not calipari
SS Marquette

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2009, 08:25:36 PM »
I highly recommend listening to the Score right now as it is hilarious as they discuss the issue.  One funny topic is that Pitino brings a priest around with him.

Terry Boers is pumped as Pitino is on his Top 10 most hated guys list.

Dammit, dammit, dammit....

Couldn't get the stream today.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2009, 08:26:30 PM »
Fair enough...maybe a bad example.

But I'll just return to your original comment ("I'm curious as to what he should be fired for.
As morally reprehensible as his acts may be to many of us, he did nothing illegal here.") and try again to make my point:  you don't have to do something illegal to get fired from your job.  You just have to piss your employer off enough that they decide to fire you.  You're a smart guy, so I'm sure that you know this is true.

He did enough to violate his contract.  Whether or not UL pushes him on it is another matter.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2009, 08:37:41 PM »

He did enough to violate his contract.  Whether or not UL pushes him on it is another matter.

Having sex with another woman violates his contract?? There is lots or room here on this issue. As fas as I am concerned, this is a completely personal matter between him and his family. This has nothing to do with basketball at all.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2009, 08:48:38 PM »
Having sex with another woman violates his contract?? There is lots or room here on this issue. As fas as I am concerned, this is a completely personal matter between him and his family. This has nothing to do with basketball at all.

There is a "morality clause" in his contract.  Specifically it states that the following is a violation:

"Disparaging media publicity of a material nature that damages the good name and reputation of Employer or University, if such publicity is cause by Employee's willful misconduct that could be abjectively anticipated to bring Employee into public disrepute or scandal, or which tends to greatly offend the public, or any class thereof on the basis of invidious distinction."

This pretty much covers what Pitino did.

MARQKC

• Starter
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2009, 10:41:35 PM »
Morals are relative, it seems. Larry Eustachy essentially is fired (suspended, followed by resignation) for doing a lot less:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/06/sports/college-basketball-iowa-state-s-eustachy-steps-down-as-coach.html?scp=5&sq=larry%20eustachy&st=cse

Oh, hey! Check that date! 2003!!!! Must've been a good year for big-time coaches to behave like Bob Huggins' players!

Speaking of whom, regardless of what you think about him, there's another big-time basketball coach who essentially lost his job (at Cincinnati) for personal lousy behavior.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2009, 10:57:01 PM »
my only question is this:  has 4never played the role of Slickster's man-sistant while Bruce Pearl was putting Pat Summitt on the bone rollercoaster and showing her his O face?

I'd say yes.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2009, 12:01:39 AM »
Lots of good stuff here, but I have to give credit to my two favorite comments.

First off we're going to have to make sure that our Coaches keep their wives far away from any Restaurant that Pitino is dining in.

Secondly, if any student needs an abortion they should ask Pitino for a little cash.

Third, not only will Louisville players not graduate but they're being taught life-lessons by a rapist.

and

Was Red Snapper on the menu that day?

Great stuff guys.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2009, 01:10:53 AM »
Pakuni is wrong again. Pitino very well may have done something illegal!

http://www.sodomy.org/laws/kentucky/

We'll have to wait to see the surveillance tape to see.

Are we saying that Pitino dabbles in Kalua Mudslides from time to time?
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2009, 07:26:18 AM »
How could they kick the cheerleader out of school for her decision, but let Pitino stay?  Quite the double standard...

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2009, 07:56:38 AM »
Are we saying that Pitino dabbles in Kalua Mudslides from time to time?

Given the fact that Pitino wasn't shooting blanks that evening I would submit he gave the woman's Winking Brown Eyed Ogre a miss. This is not to say, however, that smoked oysters were not on the menu.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 09:16:20 AM by warthog-driver »

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2009, 08:38:17 AM »
Having sex with another woman violates his contract??  

Didn't MU have a coach that did exactly that not to long ago?

And seems the story has changed.  The money was for health insurance, according to the official police statement (for whatever that's worth).  Again, I'd be interested if this women could produce ANY kind of pre-natal doctor's appointment.

How could they kick the cheerleader out of school for her decision, but let Pitino stay?

I must have missed it, but what cheerleader?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 08:40:40 AM by lurch91 »

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2009, 09:05:49 AM »
[/quote]

Wasn't the "Cheerleader Incident" Larry Brown at KU?

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2009, 09:06:31 AM »
The "health insurance" quote was just recently from the lawyer.  Pitino's comment in the police report a while ago was for an "abortion".  

The Louisville cheerleader posed nude in a magazine, then was booted off the squad and out of school.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2009, 09:20:15 AM »
Didn't MU have a coach that did exactly that not to long ago?

And seems the story has changed.  The money was for health insurance, according to the official police statement (for whatever that's worth).  Again, I'd be interested if this women could produce ANY kind of pre-natal doctor's appointment.

"Health Insurance" is a lawyer term for abortion.  No one should be fooled by that term. 
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2009, 09:26:01 AM »
The "health insurance" quote was just recently from the lawyer.  Pitino's comment in the police report a while ago was for an "abortion".  

The Louisville cheerleader posed nude in a magazine, then was booted off the squad and out of school.

The Louisville cheerleader is Becca Manns.  She didn't pose in a magazine, but for her boyfriend who published the pics online when they broke up.  She was (understandably) kicked off the squad.  I have no idea why she would have been dismissed from school though.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2009, 10:19:07 AM »

There is a "morality clause" in his contract.  Specifically it states that the following is a violation:

"Disparaging media publicity of a material nature that damages the good name and reputation of Employer or University, if such publicity is cause by Employee's willful misconduct that could be abjectively anticipated to bring Employee into public disrepute or scandal, or which tends to greatly offend the public, or any class thereof on the basis of invidious distinction."

This pretty much covers what Pitino did.

If you start firing all the men who have had affairs the unemployment rate in this country would soar!  Again, its a personal issue he has to deal with. Basketball was not involved at all. There are so many hypocrites out there is is mind boggling.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2009, 10:30:05 AM »
If you start firing all the men who have had affairs the unemployment rate in this country would soar!  Again, its a personal issue he has to deal with. Basketball was not involved at all. There are so many hypocrites out there is is mind boggling.

You're missing the point.  It isn't because he had an affair.  It's because he's a public figure and representative of his university.  All public figures from basketball coaches to radio hosts have some sort of morality clause in their contracts.  They are held to this higher standard because they are the public face of their organization.

A professor at louisville could have done the same thing and it would be no biggie.  A head coach?  That reflects poorly on the university as evidenced by the amount of bad press that L'ville has been receiving nationally.

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2009, 11:01:35 AM »
"health insurance" - that's funny.

If she went to get an abortion with newly purchased "health insurance", wouldn't she be denied coverage due to it being a pre-existing condition.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2009, 11:06:04 AM »
I don't think you can even buy individual health insurance that will cover the costs of a pregnancy once you are already pregnant.  Certainly not for $3000.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2009, 11:12:07 AM »
"If you start firing all the men who have had affairs the unemployment rate in this country would soar!  Again, its a personal issue he has to deal with. Basketball was not involved at all. There are so many hypocrites out there is is mind boggling."

What's hypocritical about it?  He is paid a ridiculous amount of money, is the most public figure of the University of Louisville (which is supposed to stand for the education of our youth), signed the contract, and the knowingly violated it.  There's a reason why these clauses are in the contracts of high profile individuals.  All other individuals across the country (not in the limelight) don't have these clauses in their work employment conditions for that reason.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2009, 11:20:37 AM »
Pitino has eaten more red carpet than an Irish lesbian.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2009, 12:08:04 PM »

You can state this all you want but...

IT. IS. IN. THE. CONTRACT. THAT. HE. SIGNED.