'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pitino Situation Turning Really Ugly  (Read 34931 times)

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
The General has taken on a new command.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Pitino Situation Turning Really Ugly
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 08:40:22 PM »
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20090811/SPORTS02/908110350/Pitino+told+police+he+had+consensual+sex+with+Sypher

Allegedly paid $3000 for his mistress to have an abortion. 

Bad, bad, bad boy.

I'm sure Louisville doesn't want this maelstrom.
SS Marquette

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 09:46:49 PM »
I'm far from joining the "socially conservative" club, but that's about as sick as it gets.  I'm sure it happens more than we realize, but I'm sure glad Louisville isn't my team.  I couldn't pull for that jerk.

shaquilvaine

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 09:52:57 PM »
I guess we now know why his son Richard left his job to join Donovan.  Hell, I'd want nothing to do with my old man if he did something this disgraceful.  I have to think this will affect recruiting as well as his image with cards fans.  I may sound closed-minded, but I wouldn't want my 18 yr old son spending 4 years learning from a D-bag like this.  Coaches not only have to teach basketball, but they have to teach young men how to be successful in life.  We all make mistakes, but this is a tough one to look past. 

hdog1017

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 10:27:28 PM »
I'm surprised that Pitino still had some strong swimmers at his advanced age. 

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 11:23:14 PM »
I'm surprised that Pitino still had some strong swimmers at his advanced age. 

Especially in those tight white pants

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 11:52:16 PM »
For all the people that have claimed Crean was a douche, well l think some recalibration of the douche meter is in order.  This is doucheness at the top of the douche scale.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 12:05:45 AM »
chicos- i don't even know if thats fair to all douches to say pitino is one. thats more along the lines of conniving, evil, heartless, words more cutting than douche, but i see what you're saying. he brings a new dimension to loserville.
could we maybe get a photo shop of a white swim cap on that picture, to resemble, you know. if slick rick manages to stay out of the slammer, he's going to face some tough road crowds this season. oh, how convenient, UL is playing at MU this year, hmmm.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 12:10:36 AM »
Denny Green wannabe.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 05:11:28 AM »
Ugly and a disgrace to the university.  Can't even imagine what student sections will do when they are on the road.  But does he survive?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 05:37:44 AM »
In these tough times for a college, I like to pulse the opponents message boards to catch the vibe.  Here are some good reads.

Thread asking about if there is proof of an  abortion record:
http://louisville.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2377&tid=124848316&mid=124848316&sid=923&style=2

The, it doesn't matter coach we support you 110% coach thread (that had to get bumped twice by the author for lack of support):
http://louisville.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2377&tid=124848852&mid=124848852&sid=923&style=2

The, so, what exactly did he do wrong thread:
http://louisville.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2377&tid=124849175&mid=124849175&sid=923&style=2

And of course, the various insults lobbed at Sypher are just grand.  White trash, ho, gold digger, slut, skank...

I am seriously trying to think in my head, if the head coach at MU was caught banging his assistants wife in the back of Angelo's, then paid $3,000 to have an abortion.  Would I come on to this board and see the threads like the ones above?  I just don't see it, the coach would be sent packing a matter of seconds.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 05:57:58 AM »
Wait, this is the same woman that was blackmailing him?

Now I'm not a fan of Pitino, but I wouldn't put it past this woman to start small - like telling him she needed $3,000 for an abortion(whether or not she was pregnant or not).  Then seeing how easy it was, to ask for more to just be quiet.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 07:35:52 AM by lurch91 »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 06:21:17 AM »
This will not affect Pitino at all.

I am sure we will hear to ad nauseum from Dukie V. throughout the year about the toughness Pitino has displayed through this unfair situation that has beleagured slick Rick.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Goatherder

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 06:29:17 AM »
In these tough times for a college, I like to pulse the opponents message boards to catch the vibe.  Here are some good reads.

Thread asking about if there is proof of an  abortion record:
http://louisville.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2377&tid=124848316&mid=124848316&sid=923&style=2

The, it doesn't matter coach we support you 110% coach thread (that had to get bumped twice by the author for lack of support):
http://louisville.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2377&tid=124848852&mid=124848852&sid=923&style=2

The, so, what exactly did he do wrong thread:
http://louisville.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2377&tid=124849175&mid=124849175&sid=923&style=2

And of course, the various insults lobbed at Sypher are just grand.  White trash, ho, gold digger, slut, skank...

I am seriously trying to think in my head, if the head coach at MU was caught banging his assistants wife in the back of Angelo's, then paid $3,000 to have an abortion.  Would I come on to this board and see the threads like the ones above?  I just don't see it, the coach would be sent packing a matter of seconds.

Just for clarification, she was not his assistant's wife when he was banging her, and it appears she met her husband as a result of the fact that Pitino was banging her.  As for comparing this situation to what would happen at Marquette, I would hope that the university would act in a way consistent with Catholic teaching.  I do not know if Marquette would or should automatically fire a coach who had an extramarital affair, but the abortion thing would surely get someone canned. 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 06:39:22 AM »
I have a feeling, Jim Nas is going to be in full force in the student section at the Louisville game.

When Syracuse had road conference games on tv, they asked the hosting school to take away all Devondorf signs so the conference wouldn't get a bad rep. Are they going to ask schools to do the same for Slick Rick signs.

Side note: One of the greatest moments had to be when the Bradley Center crowd, rather than applaud for the injured Devendorf, chanted "He Beats Women".     

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 06:49:33 AM »
What happened to all the posters who are unwilling to be judge, jury, and executioner on message boards?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 06:56:31 AM »
What happened to all the posters who are unwilling to be judge, jury, and executioner on message boards?

The Louisville paper said Pitino has admitted all of this to police. It's not like he is denying it. The people you reference 4ever come out when someone has been accused but not proven guilty.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 07:04:30 AM »

Just for clarification, she was not his assistant's wife when he was banging her, and it appears she met her husband as a result of the fact that Pitino was banging her.  As for comparing this situation to what would happen at Marquette, I would hope that the university would act in a way consistent with Catholic teaching.  I do not know if Marquette would or should automatically fire a coach who had an extramarital affair, but the abortion thing would surely get someone canned. 

Thanks for the clarification.  But I think the circumstances of Pitino's extramarital affair also come into play here.  I mena in the back of an italian restaurant?  Just the sheer embarassment, lack of judgement, and stupidity should be enough to send him packing.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 07:43:22 AM »
Thanks for the clarification.  But I think the circumstances of Pitino's extramarital affair also come into play here.  I mean in the back of an Italian restaurant?  Just the sheer embarrassment, lack of judgement, and stupidity should be enough to send him packing.

Let me start this by saying that I do not support or condone the actions of Slick Rick...

He is not going anywhere. University has already said they were made aware of the situation from the beginning and their thoughts and prayers are with the Pitino Family. So he will not even take a leave of absence. I know what he did was quite repulsive, but unfortunately it is part of society.  I am just glad the other woman tried to shoot the moon for the $10 MIL.  If she had asked for let's say $100K, I bet she gets paid off and the world would never know this wonderful little nugget about him.

if slick rick manages to stay out of the slammer, he's going to face some tough road crowds this season. oh, how convenient, UL is playing at MU this year, hmmm.

I was not aware that adultery was a crime in the US. To bad this didn't occur on a vacation to Tehran.   ::)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 07:57:03 AM »
Favorite quotes from the UL thread:

"Don't let your moral soap box ruin our basketball program. "

"You need to get behind your coach like he got behind Sypher.

"who am I to judge another mans mistakes. Now if he had done a poor job of coaching then he would get no love."

"Hush you self righteous dirtbag, you're probably just another redneck blue collar that plagues this state with failure. When your loser kids are wiping the floors of my kids we will see how nice your silly morals are."

"We are not BYU.We are not Notre Dame.Contrary to belief, this is not a religious University.... but still we are a public University. Most of us Americans believe in freedom of choice.Who are we to judge?Only a higher power has that right."

"If I had 5 children and love them to death, I wouldn't try to stop a woman whom I barely knew from having an abortion (if that she get knocked up by me)."

PRICELESS!

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 08:18:07 AM »
Pitino should not step down. He should grow a moustache, start wearing open collared shirts, skin tight pants and a ton of jewelry. He should embrace his new image!!

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 08:27:23 AM »
Now to figure out how to reference this in the gold mine next year....

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 08:34:14 AM »

Well, usually I take that route.

Obviously I don't know all of the details on Rick's situation... but it certainly doesn't look good.

He's already admitted to an affair, which could be his first time cheating... but more likely its just his first time getting caught.

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 08:37:02 AM »
I have to agree with some of the posters on the louisville boards.

I mean is it any of our business what any of the posters on MUSCOOP.COM do with their wives, GF's, Mistresses and gay lovers?

Then its none of our effing business what Pitino does in his.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 09:04:22 AM »
Disagree Cain, I won't blast you for your opinion. 

But the Head Coach of a major sport is one of the most visible people at a university.  MU could care less if I cheated on my wife in the back of a Maggianos.  That's life.  People in power are held to higher standards, and the fact they make millions of dollars to be a spokesman and set a good example they should be held to a higher standard.