'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: congrats to wesley  (Read 3488 times)

mugrad99

• Team Captain
congrats to wesley
« on: August 06, 2009, 06:39:55 AM »
was extended an offer to Utah's vet camp....

according to Woeful's twitter (not that I am following him...read it on hoopshype.com)

muarmy81

• All American
Re: congrats to wesley
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 10:01:50 AM »
That's great news.  Best of luck to Wes!

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 10:21:08 AM »
Could someone explain the Veteran's Camp to me.  Is it similar to or different from the rest of the summer league stuff going on?  All I could find on the Interweb is that it's "the camp right before you make the roster."

Who would have thought that the 3 Amigos would force me to learn about NBA crap :(

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 12:27:41 PM »
Looks like Chicos could still win the bet....

Good luck to Wes!

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 03:22:29 PM »
Veterans camp=training camp. He will be on the roster for exhibition games until he makes the team or gets cut.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 05:39:30 PM »
wow, I haven't been this happy since Wesley drove baseline for that backboard swaying dunk over Missouri's front line in Idaho.  This is such great news.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

bamamarquettefan

• All American
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 05:58:04 PM »
Was Wesley still fighting off the injury last month?  I see that on July 10th he played only 93 seconds, but the day before, on July 9, the Utah website says:

Trailing 72-51 after three quarters, the Jazz appeared headed towards their third loss of the summer league, but a furious fourth quarter rally pushed the game into overtime. Derrick Brown led Utah’s comeback contributing 25 points on 10 of 15 shooting. Kevin Kruger added 16 and Wesley Matthews scored 15 off the bench. ... Eric Maynor finished with 2 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assists and 2 turnovers. He was 1 of 5 from the floor and 0 for 0 from the free throw line.  Wesley Matthews came off the bench and was one of the key contributors to Utah’s fourth quarter comeback. He finished with 15 points, 3 rebounds and 2 assists on 6 of 10 shooting from the floor and was a perfect 3 for 3 from the free throw line.

I was traveling a lot last month, so sorry if this was already covered.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 06:37:01 PM »
Was Wesley still fighting off the injury last month?  I see that on July 10th he played only 93 seconds, but the day before, on July 9, the Utah website says:

Trailing 72-51 after three quarters, the Jazz appeared headed towards their third loss of the summer league, but a furious fourth quarter rally pushed the game into overtime. Derrick Brown led Utah’s comeback contributing 25 points on 10 of 15 shooting. Kevin Kruger added 16 and Wesley Matthews scored 15 off the bench. ... Eric Maynor finished with 2 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assists and 2 turnovers. He was 1 of 5 from the floor and 0 for 0 from the free throw line.  Wesley Matthews came off the bench and was one of the key contributors to Utah’s fourth quarter comeback. He finished with 15 points, 3 rebounds and 2 assists on 6 of 10 shooting from the floor and was a perfect 3 for 3 from the free throw line.

I was traveling a lot last month, so sorry if this was already covered.

He actually joined the Kings Vegas roster (after the Orlando one finished) and sat out a few games only to start a few and log more minutes in the remaining summer league games than Jerel. Funny, huh?

Here is a thread with some recaps: http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=15104.msg141371#msg141371
SS Marquette

bamamarquettefan

• All American
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 11:49:46 AM »
Thanks 77Champs, and your banner is still the best.  John Kuester went to my high school, so his recent hiring as head coach of the Pistons gave me one more excuse to remind all my old classmates of how I was the only one in the school rooting for Marquette that day to beat the Phil Ford-John Kuester backcourt for the title.  SWEEEEEEEEETTTT.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 02:06:20 PM »
wow, I haven't been this happy since Wesley drove baseline for that backboard swaying dunk over Missouri's front line in Idaho.  This is such great news.

Considering Boise's proximity to Salt Lake City, perhaps some Jazz brass was in attendace and that dunk piqued their interest...

feedback