[Today at 10:46:03 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Viper
[Today at 10:44:20 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sucks to be in Miami These Days  (Read 4683 times)

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
Sucks to be in Miami These Days
« on: January 29, 2022, 12:34:00 PM »
 I was in Miami the last time the temps dipped this low and it is not pleasant. My hotel, and many others, have no heat at all. So returning to a room in the low 50's is a drag. Restaurants have no heat either and sitting huddled  at your table being served by wait staff bundled and hooded is not conducive to a pleasant dining experience.
I then met a fellow alum who lived in the Keys for a couple days of drinking. Arrived down there to watch fish
spontaneously dying and floating to the surface having been euthanized by the frigid water temps.
Good times      worst part of whole  the experience was the Abergut he ordered for us

Boozemon Barro

• All American
Re: Sucks to be in Miami These Days
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 12:45:43 PM »
Ok.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 12:48:46 PM »
But at least you can catch Covid, so you have that going for you.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 12:50:16 PM »
50's is shorts weather.   Says the old guy living in the upper Midwest.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 12:50:54 PM »
I was in Miami the last time the temps dipped this low and it is not pleasant. My hotel, and many others, have no heat at all. So returning to a room in the low 50's is a drag. Restaurants have no heat either and sitting huddled  at your table being served by wait staff bundled and hooded is not conducive to a pleasant dining experience.
I then met a fellow alum who lived in the Keys for a couple days of drinking. Arrived down there to watch fish
spontaneously dying and floating to the surface having been euthanized by the frigid water temps.
Good times      worst part of whole  the experience was the Abergut he ordered for us

Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2022, 01:18:59 PM »
But at least you can catch Covid, so you have that going for you.

Are the California, New York, New J, Illinois, Penn, and Michigan c-19 numbers fake news?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2022, 01:27:26 PM »
Are the California, New York, New J, Illinois, Penn, and Michigan c-19 numbers fake news?

It was just a joke.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 02:22:27 PM »
In Miami right this minute.

Folks from Wisconsin  are in shorts.

Folks from Florida are in parkas.  #soft
Have some patience, FFS.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2022, 02:28:28 PM »
I'm going to start spending significant time in Miami for work but I've never been. If anyone wants to opine I'm all ears.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2022, 02:57:11 PM »
Watch out for raining iguanas!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2022, 03:16:00 PM »
Watch out for raining iguanas!

Greater threat than Covid
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2022, 04:39:47 PM »

How are da broads, doe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2022, 04:49:29 PM »
I'm going to start spending significant time in Miami for work but I've never been. If anyone wants to opine I'm all ears.
I lived there for 8 years but have been gone for twice that. Happy to try to help if you have specific questions.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2022, 06:08:16 PM »

Brickell area is nice. South Beach is mostly overrated. Don’t eat on Ocean, except for  dinner at Lario’s or lunch at the Clevelander. Lincoln Road mall is a good place to kill an afternoon, evening.  Mac’s Club Deuce is still one of the best dive bars in America.
The Wynwood district is interesting but don’t stray far.
Drink Cuban coffee or cafe con Leche served from a coffee shop window.

Edited to add. Yeah today was horrible. I had to wear closed toed shoes.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2022, 06:54:43 PM »
Picture from Miami today.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2022, 07:24:31 PM »
Appreciate it folks. I'll know more this summer. All I know now is that my friends/partners down there live the yacht/supercar life. As a Midwesterner I feel a little out of my element.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2022, 07:42:24 PM »
Appreciate it folks. I'll know more this summer. All I know now is that my friends/partners down there live the yacht/supercar life. As a Midwesterner I feel a little out of my element.

I wouldn’t worry about that. There are a variety of areas and scenes in and near Miami. More specific questions when you have them would help make it easier to answer. Good luck.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2022, 08:02:22 PM »
In Miami right this minute.

Folks from Wisconsin  are in shorts.

Folks from Florida are in parkas.  #soft

Exactly!

When we replaced our A/C system seven years ago, we were asked if we wanted heat as part of the package. If you say no in Florida, you end up with space heaters.

It’s cool today but we found manatees in Satellite Beach and spent time watching them play, swim and even eat. They are magnificent animals and fun to watch.

We Floridians manage!

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2022, 09:14:55 PM »
Currently.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2022, 09:16:04 PM »

We got your back. I will handle any yacht duties for ya!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2022, 12:02:22 AM »
Exactly!

When we replaced our A/C system seven years ago, we were asked if we wanted heat as part of the package. If you say no in Florida, you end up with space heaters.

It’s cool today but we found manatees in Satellite Beach and spent time watching them play, swim and even eat. They are magnificent animals and fun to watch.

We Floridians manage!

My parents are on a channel in St Pete.  When we were down there for Christmas, there was a pod of dolphins that cruised in and were playing near the pier/dock, no more than 25-30 feet off shore, 5-10 feet from the dock.  Close enough that you could hear the "pffft" every time they surfaced.  It was a very cool.

But this week my mom texted a video of a Manatee cow and 2 calves vegging around the dock on her morning walk and I freaked out.  Ive been going to Florida 1-2 a year my entire life and only saw a wild manatee from a distance once.  Ive had bad luck I suppose/Naples wasn't a manatee haven.  Such cool unique creatures.  I'm about to canvas their neighborhood about sightings to get info and set up a post to make sure I get some interaction next time I'm down there  ;D

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2022, 07:18:11 AM »
My parents are on a channel in St Pete.  When we were down there for Christmas, there was a pod of dolphins that cruised in and were playing near the pier/dock, no more than 25-30 feet off shore, 5-10 feet from the dock.  Close enough that you could hear the "pffft" every time they surfaced.  It was a very cool.

But this week my mom texted a video of a Manatee cow and 2 calves vegging around the dock on her morning walk and I freaked out.  Ive been going to Florida 1-2 a year my entire life and only saw a wild manatee from a distance once.  Ive had bad luck I suppose/Naples wasn't a manatee haven.  Such cool unique creatures.  I'm about to canvas their neighborhood about sightings to get info and set up a post to make sure I get some interaction next time I'm down there  ;D

Manatees are SUPREMELY cool.  I was hoping to see one up close in the Keys but it just didn't happen.   We must protect this wonderful species.  :)

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2022, 08:13:45 AM »
They are quite tasty roo.  👍

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2022, 08:22:38 AM »
They are quite tasty roo.  👍

do you brine them chili or do you have any special manatee rubs?  remember this is a pg site so careful with your references to your special manatee rubs ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2022, 08:33:05 AM »
do you brine them chili or do you have any special manatee rubs?  remember this is a pg site so careful with your references to your special manatee rubs ;D

It depends on where you prop them.  Head shot, no brine. Gut shot, definitely brine.

feedback