[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What does I4 mean?  (Read 27057 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: What does I4 mean?
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 10:21:25 AM »
It will likely happen at some point, and the head melting here will be epic.  It would be really funny if it happen and Larry Williams and Pilarz are long gone....they would still be blamed. 

For now, Buzz will be here as long as MU will have him.

+100

I don't want Buzz to ever leave. But if he does watching the fallout on this board will be entertaining. The men who coached our teams deserve nothing but our respect and gratitude, even if they eventually move on.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 10:57:21 AM »
+100

I don't want Buzz to ever leave. But if he does watching the fallout on this board will be entertaining. The men who coached our teams deserve nothing but our respect and gratitude, even if they eventually move on.

Respect is earned, not given.  I4 did plenty to lose any respect fans had with his own behavior prior and including his departure.

Buzz's post-MU legacy will be determined by a lot of things, including the manner of his departure and the way he conducts himself prior to the departure.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2013, 11:40:28 AM »
Happy to...hypocrisy is hypocrisy.  The difference is, people will not turn on him....thus ever further hypocrisy. 

You don't get it. You'll never get it. The myth you perpetrate - that people here (ungrateful S.O.B.s) "turned on" Crean because he left Marquette - is mostly fantasy. Reality? Buzz is a good guy who treats people the right way regardless of their station in life. Crean is a prick with ears who uses every person and situation for his own self aggrandizement. In addition, Buzz has proven to be a better coach and representative of the university. Furthermore, if/when he leaves he'll surely do it with more class than TC did. So, no hypocrisy, no injustice. Buzz will be remembered fondly by all but a very few here because he's earned it. Feelings about TC will remain decidedly more mixed (that's being kind) and he's earned that too.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 11:43:42 AM »
Respect is earned, not given.  I4 did plenty to lose any respect fans had with his own behavior prior and including his departure.

Buzz's post-MU legacy will be determined by a lot of things, including the manner of his departure and the way he conducts himself prior to the departure.

This is exactly it. If Buzz leaves and then goes on a local sports station to later say that when he arrived at Marquette, the team didn't even have enough money for shoes, we'll know he's a sociopath, like Crean. I'm betting this won't happen with Buzz. I'm also betting that Crean is one of the few coaches in the country to be so utterly dishonest after jumping ship, which has earned him the reputation he has.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 11:49:04 AM »
    There is no hypocrisy.   Many were fed up with Crean the person but tolerated Crean the coach because he was the coach at MU.   I made no judgments about Crean the person.   I felt he had shortcomings as a coach, but hoped he would improve as long as he was the coach at MU.   Now that he is elsewhere, I see the same shortcomings as a coach, albeit with a better built-in recruiting base, so some of his shortcomings can be masked.   I thank him for his service at MU.    But I don't miss him.
    Buzz appears to have a higher ceiling as a coach.   If he chooses to leave, I expect that he will do it in such a way that reveals his character, just as Crean did. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2013, 11:49:10 AM »
I4 is short for I4MU2H*

(*I am for MU to hate)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2013, 12:49:42 PM »

And I'm sure you understand why UNO fans were so upset with Buzz's departure.  People leave for different reasons...better opportunities, better jobs, promises broken, etc.  At the end of the day, usually fans are butthurt upon the departure in one way, shape or another.  I've pointed out the blatant hypocrisy here on how KO left vs TC....blatant hypocrisy, but KO was cool to have a beer with so all is cool.   ::)

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2013, 01:01:04 PM »
University of New Orleans has fans? News to me
Bring back FFP!!!

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2013, 01:27:02 PM »
So "hypocrisy" is Chicos' new catchphrase, huh?  Splendid.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2013, 01:27:15 PM »
And I'm sure you understand why UNO fans were so upset with Buzz's departure.  People leave for different reasons...better opportunities, better jobs, promises broken, etc.  At the end of the day, usually fans are butthurt upon the departure in one way, shape or another.  I've pointed out the blatant hypocrisy here on how KO left vs TC....blatant hypocrisy, but KO was cool to have a beer with so all is cool.   ::)

considering they have no facilities (still, despite the promises made to buzz), plus the fact that they are now DII or DIII, I think UNO's fans have a lot to be butthurt about.

I wasn't around for KO, so I have no feelings.  I have meet both I4 and Buzz, I4 would continuously be looking over your shoulder for someone else better that he could talk to.  Buzz, spent a few minutes at the Circles event in Madison when he was on the job for 6 days talking about his family, his wife and the miscarriages they had been throught.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2013, 01:42:59 PM »
I've pointed out the blatant hypocrisy here on how KO left vs TC....blatant hypocrisy, but KO was cool to have a beer with so all is cool.   ::)

You ever read Shakespeare? Anyone who has can't deny the flaws that eventually do in Othello. But even then you can see his good side and what might have been. With Iago, though, all you're left with is the treachery of a very small and self absorbed man. Smart guy, Bill.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2013, 02:00:15 PM »
    There is no hypocrisy.   Many were fed up with Crean the person but tolerated Crean the coach because he was the coach at MU.   I made no judgments about Crean the person.   I felt he had shortcomings as a coach, but hoped he would improve as long as he was the coach at MU.   Now that he is elsewhere, I see the same shortcomings as a coach, albeit with a better built-in recruiting base, so some of his shortcomings can be masked.   I thank him for his service at MU.    But I don't miss him.
    Buzz appears to have a higher ceiling as a coach.   If he chooses to leave, I expect that he will do it in such a way that reveals his character, just as Crean did. 

Sure there is hypocrisy.  One need to look at KO's departure vs TC's and it is so blatant you can't walk two inches without stepping in it.  UNO fans won't agree with you on how Buzz left his first gig and his "character", but that's always in the eye of the beholder and butt hurting that goes on.  I, too, suspect when Buzz leaves he will do it in a much better manner than what TC and Buzz did his first time around.  That's the beauty of life, you get to learn from your mistakes.  My guess is when TC leaves for his next gig, he will also do it in a better way.  Lessons learned...if not, there is something wrong.

When Buzz leaves, I'll thank him for his service as well and wish him well at his next gig, especially if it is at KU or IU. Then the next guy in and hopefully he does as well as the last two coaches, we've been pretty blessed. 

But Buzz will be here as long as MU will have him (those words will be masturbated and twisted here if he does leave til the cows come home....the parsing of the meaning "as long as MU will have him" will be epic to read here and the hypocrisy will be on overload....hope to never have to read it and he's here for decades, but MU's history shows that won't be the case)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2013, 02:11:15 PM »
University of New Orleans has fans? News to me

Of course...plenty of butt hurt then.  http://blog.nola.com/tpsports/2007/07/uno_coach_resigns.html   Just look at the comments.  Same thing at every school, no difference.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2013, 02:16:57 PM »
considering they have no facilities (still, despite the promises made to buzz), plus the fact that they are now DII or DIII, I think UNO's fans have a lot to be butthurt about.

I wasn't around for KO, so I have no feelings.  I have meet both I4 and Buzz, I4 would continuously be looking over your shoulder for someone else better that he could talk to.  Buzz, spent a few minutes at the Circles event in Madison when he was on the job for 6 days talking about his family, his wife and the miscarriages they had been throught.

UNO is Division I.  They were tempted to go DII in 2011, but remained in DI. They will be joining the Southland conference starting this week with Oral Roberts, Sam Houston, Nicholls State, McNeese State, Central Arkansas, etc, etc.

I was around for KO...wearing his Tennessee sweatshirt before he even resigned from MU.  Publicly dissing MU about his contract at every turn, let alone the behavior that if it ever got out would have put MU basketball back in the stone ages.  I appreciate what he did to rebuild the program, but he was every bit the jagoff he has been at every stop and why he has left every stop the way he has.  But what a swell guy to have a beer with.

leever

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2013, 02:25:15 PM »
Of course...plenty of butt hurt then.  http://blog.nola.com/tpsports/2007/07/uno_coach_resigns.html   Just look at the comments.  Same thing at every school, no difference.

I particularly liked this comment - - - -

"Marquette under Crean is sleazy."

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2013, 02:31:46 PM »

When Buzz leaves, I'll thank him for his service as well and wish him well at his next gig, especially if it is at KU or IU. Then the next guy in and hopefully he does as well as the last two coaches, we've been pretty blessed. 

Oh, you'll thank Buzz for his service, all right. And you'll wish him well, sure. And then you'll do your best to belittle his accomplishments, call him a liar and draw moral equivalencies between TC and him. And you'll say I told you so, they're all the same, and anyone who likes Buzz and dislikes Crean is a hypocrite. And among Marquette fans who have known both guys you'll remain in a very small minority. Oh, and by the way, if the next guy in does as well as the the guy he replaces he'll be doing BETTER than TC, not the same as him.

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2013, 02:33:12 PM »

These are some pretty funny comments, thanks for digging this up.  And yes, you are right... these comments are inevitable from any fanbase.

romeisburnin July 06, 2007 at 9:46PM
Follow
NO offense to Marquette fans--but I mean maybe I could understand his decision if he may have left for Duke, Kentucky etc..
I dont think it is appropriate. No matter if arena is ready or not. Buzz fizzed out on this one. And he wasnt a good coach.

lsu2378 July 06, 2007 at 3:23PM
Follow
Take your Buzz Ass Self back to Marquette. You wil never get another Head Coaching Job . UNO is better off without you.

oscarpeck July 06, 2007 at 11:59PM
Follow
Marquette under Crean is sleazy.
They "allegedly" tampered with Dan Fitzgerald who was playing for Tulane;
They trumpe their academics, but take non qualifiers and partials. (hellow D Wade)
And now this - you might have a case of tortious interference, knowing Crean
Good luck Privateers.

sonofno July 08, 2007 at 8:15AM
Follow
This move is bush league. Everyone in the UNO community has known for quite some time that the arena would not be ready for the upcoming bball season. Don't let Mr. Buzz pull your leg on that one! Besides, this was the perfect opportunity for him to build a fan base by recruiting wisely and putting a good product on the floor without any high expectations being pressed on him given the circumstances.

This was a coward move. He either realized that he wasn't ready to be a head coach, or he was just being greedy and going after the money. IMHO, his decision to leave had as much to do with the arena as FEMA has had in helping people get back on their feet.

Let's get Griff or Tic in here and get a winner!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2013, 02:39:41 PM »
UNO is Division I.  They were tempted to go DII in 2011, but remained in DI. They will be joining the Southland conference starting this week with Oral Roberts, Sam Houston, Nicholls State, McNeese State, Central Arkansas, etc, etc.

Careful. They were more than tempted. They started the process. Like ZFB, they were deemed to be in transition. In fact, under NCAA bylaws, several players were able to transfer out & immediately play at D-I schools because UNO was transitioning. Far more than "tempted".
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2013, 02:44:23 PM »
People like Buzz. People liked Majerus. People liked O'Neill despite himself because he was genuine and funny and a good coach. People do not like Crean. End of story.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2013, 02:47:51 PM »
Careful. They were more than tempted. They started the process. Like ZFB, they were deemed to be in transition. In fact, under NCAA bylaws, several players were able to transfer out & immediately play at D-I schools because UNO was transitioning. Far more than "tempted".

Understood, but they pulled out of it and remain DI, unlike the claim they are "now DII or DIII."  This was also 2011, not 2007.  They did the initial start down that path, but pulled back. I call it tempted, you can call it what you want.  They clearly didn't go all the way, describe it as you wish...they are DI.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2013, 02:58:38 PM »
People like Buzz. People liked Majerus. People liked O'Neill despite himself because he was genuine and funny and a good coach. People do not like Crean. End of story.

Lots of people didn't like Rick, how soon you forget.  Lots and lots of people didn't like KO, how soon you forget.  Just as there are a lot of people that liked Crean, how soon you forget.  Same for Mike Deane.  It often depended who you were.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2013, 03:20:32 PM »
These are some pretty funny comments, thanks for digging this up.  And yes, you are right... these comments are inevitable from any fanbase.

romeisburnin July 06, 2007 at 9:46PM
Follow
NO offense to Marquette fans--but I mean maybe I could understand his decision if he may have left for Duke, Kentucky etc..
I dont think it is appropriate. No matter if arena is ready or not. Buzz fizzed out on this one. And he wasnt a good coach.

lsu2378 July 06, 2007 at 3:23PM
Follow
Take your Buzz Ass Self back to Marquette. You wil never get another Head Coaching Job . UNO is better off without you.

oscarpeck July 06, 2007 at 11:59PM
Follow
Marquette under Crean is sleazy.
They "allegedly" tampered with Dan Fitzgerald who was playing for Tulane;
They trumpe their academics, but take non qualifiers and partials. (hellow D Wade)
And now this - you might have a case of tortious interference, knowing Crean
Good luck Privateers.

sonofno July 08, 2007 at 8:15AM
Follow
This move is bush league. Everyone in the UNO community has known for quite some time that the arena would not be ready for the upcoming bball season. Don't let Mr. Buzz pull your leg on that one! Besides, this was the perfect opportunity for him to build a fan base by recruiting wisely and putting a good product on the floor without any high expectations being pressed on him given the circumstances.

This was a coward move. He either realized that he wasn't ready to be a head coach, or he was just being greedy and going after the money. IMHO, his decision to leave had as much to do with the arena as FEMA has had in helping people get back on their feet.

Let's get Griff or Tic in here and get a winner!

I agree, they are pretty funny.  They were upset.  Reminds me a LOT of the same things our fans said.  Calling it bush league, saying he would never succeed and be fired in a few years, etc, etc.  Many parallels.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2013, 03:27:08 PM »
Lots of people didn't like Rick, how soon you forget.  Lots and lots of people didn't like KO, how soon you forget.  Just as there are a lot of people that liked Crean, how soon you forget.  Same for Mike Deane.  It often depended who you were.

First words out of nearly every MU fan I know regarding Al, Hank and Buzz = "Great guy"
First words regarding Rick, KO and Deane = "Great guy, but..."

I have never heard any of my friends or acquaintances who know MU basketball begin their description of TC with those two or three words. Ever. Kick and scream, say it's not fair, but as long as people feel that way you'll never be able to rehabilitate the guy's rep with MU fans. We tolerated him, we celebrate Buzz. Sorry you don't like it but 1,000,000 posts won't change it.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2013, 03:27:38 PM »
I agree, they are pretty funny.  They were upset.  Reminds me a LOT of the same things our fans said.  Calling it bush league, saying he would never succeed and be fired in a few years, etc, etc.  Many parallels.

I particularly like the one written by oscarpeck

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2013, 04:02:45 PM »
I forgot Deane...another guy remembered fondly. Only one guy not. Even Dukiet, as horrible a coach as he was, was a helluva nice guy.

feedback