collapse

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129815 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #8125 on: September 08, 2020, 08:57:34 PM »
You’d think people would understand this by now. But nope!

To those that are at kore risk....soooo old people, hopefully they know that by now and are careful when they’re interacting with people outside their own home.

That’s the answer.  Has been for about 5 months, the rest of this is all a pathetic game unfortunately.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #8126 on: September 08, 2020, 09:00:52 PM »
So, if you are in grammar school or high school and live with someone with 2 or co-morbidities, stay home and school virtually. If you are a teacher with 2 or more (or you’re living with someone who fits that description) stay home and teach virtually. Everybody else (vast majority), back in the pool?

Hit the nail on the head Lenny.  They know this though, but don’t care.  It’s not truly about that for them and never has been.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8127 on: September 08, 2020, 09:03:18 PM »
And what should families who have 2 working parents and can’t afford to have day care or nannies take care of their kids after school do? Don’t send them to grandma or grandpa.

Sometimes people have difficulties you may not.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #8128 on: September 08, 2020, 09:07:49 PM »
And what should families who have 2 working parents and can’t afford to have day care or nannies take care of their kids after school do? Don’t send them to grandma or grandpa.

Sometimes people have difficulties you may not.

In that scenario you think having the kid stay at home all day is the answer??  I’m not following what you’re trying to say.  Wouldn’t it be easiest for that family to have their kids in school?  Or at least the option?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8129 on: September 08, 2020, 09:17:46 PM »
So, if you are in grammar school or high school and live with someone with 2 or co-morbidities, stay home and school virtually. If you are a teacher with 2 or more (or you’re living with someone who fits that description) stay home and teach virtually. Everybody else (vast majority), back in the pool?

Why 2 or more co-morbidities?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #8130 on: September 08, 2020, 09:21:15 PM »

Why 2 or more co-morbidities?

94% of deaths have happened in people with 2+ per CDC

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8131 on: September 08, 2020, 09:25:00 PM »
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2770250

More great news!!  What a day!!

Let’s get these kids all back in school full face to face, follow the science my fellow scoopers!! 

Listen to the eXpERts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you read what the authors said the study means?

Meaning  The findings suggest that prevention of both COVID-19 and seasonal influenza in US children is prudent and urgent for the well-being of this population.[/i]

————————-

So if the preventing Covid is “prudent and urgent,“ how do you read that as encouraging parents to send their kids back to school?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8132 on: September 08, 2020, 09:26:02 PM »
94% of deaths have happened in people with 2+ per CDC

When are you going to learn that it’s not simply a ‘die/not die’ dichotomy with this illness? There is plenty of really nasty stuff that can happen short of dying.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #8133 on: September 08, 2020, 09:31:17 PM »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #8134 on: September 08, 2020, 09:35:01 PM »

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #8135 on: September 08, 2020, 09:36:56 PM »
Did you read what the authors said the study means?

Meaning  The findings suggest that prevention of both COVID-19 and seasonal influenza in US children is prudent and urgent for the well-being of this population.[/i]

————————-

So if the preventing Covid is “prudent and urgent,“ how do you read that as encouraging parents to send their kids back to school?

Since the authors suggest it is both prudent and urgent to protect against Covid and seasonal influenza are you suggesting we should never send our kids back to school during flu season?  If that’s your stance fine.  If your stance is we shouldn’t for Covid but we should for influenza you’re then a hypocrite.  Based off the science of course.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #8136 on: September 08, 2020, 09:38:47 PM »
The likely posters are all posting very predictably to any sign of good news.  Must be tough to be so deep into your own heads with this. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8137 on: September 08, 2020, 09:38:52 PM »
Since the authors suggest it is both prudent and urgent to protect against Covid and seasonal influenza are you suggesting we should never send our kids back to school during flu season?  If that’s your stance fine.  If your stance is we shouldn’t for Covid but we should for influenza you’re then a hypocrite.  Based off the science of course.

We have never had Covid and influenza at the same time before. Understand the context. This is not a normal year.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #8138 on: September 08, 2020, 09:40:05 PM »
We have never had Covid and influenza at the same time before. Understand the context.

Two viruses that pose next to zero risk to kids happening at the same time.....gulp!!!!!!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8139 on: September 08, 2020, 09:44:08 PM »
Two viruses that pose next to zero risk to kids happening at the same time.....gulp!!!!!!

Answer the simple question I posed a couple of posts back: If prevention is “prudent and urgent,” how do you interpret that as encouraging parents to send their kids to school?

Just a simple answer.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #8140 on: September 08, 2020, 09:44:17 PM »

When are you going to learn that it’s not simply a ‘die/not die’ dichotomy with this illness? There is plenty of really nasty stuff that can happen short of dying.

And when are you going to learn there is a lot of nasty stuff happening to kids today because of the unnecessary isolation.  The isolation cause a bunch of boomers want to see the grandkids without worrying about the risk of asymptomatic spread. 

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #8141 on: September 08, 2020, 09:47:41 PM »
Answer the simple question I posed a couple of posts back: If prevention is “prudent and urgent,” how do you interpret that as encouraging parents to send their kids to school?

Just a simple answer.

Good hygiene, wear a mask, and go to school.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #8142 on: September 08, 2020, 09:49:03 PM »

Just a simple answer.

Even more preventative measures with the mask wearing then what we preach during flu season to combat this duuuaaaalll threat.  You good with that?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8143 on: September 08, 2020, 09:49:11 PM »
And when are you going to learn there is a lot of nasty stuff happening to kids today because of the unnecessary isolation.  The isolation cause a bunch of boomers want to see the grandkids without worrying about the risk of asymptomatic spread.

I get it. When are you going to answer the question about the paper that you posted, and which I have asked twice now?

(Hint: the authors are not encouraging parents to send back their kids back to school.)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8144 on: September 08, 2020, 09:50:05 PM »
Even more preventative measures with the mask wearing then what we preach during flu season to combat this duuuaaaalll threat.  You good with that?

I didn’t see that in the paper. Is that your professional interpretation, doctor?

And it’s preventive, not preventative.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #8145 on: September 08, 2020, 09:54:18 PM »
I didn’t see that in the paper. Is that your professional interpretation, doctor?

And the grammar/spell check police are back!!  Sure sign your hole is now too deep.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #8146 on: September 08, 2020, 09:55:37 PM »

You asked me to answer, so I did.  Sorry you didn’t like the answer.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #8147 on: September 08, 2020, 09:57:31 PM »

I get it. When are you going to answer the question about the paper that you posted, and which I have asked twice now?

(Hint: the authors are not encouraging parents to send back their kids back to school.)

You get it!?!?!?  You just don’t care.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8148 on: September 08, 2020, 10:00:32 PM »
And the grammar/spell check police are back!!  Sure sign your hole is now too deep.

I was simply trying to help so you don’t screw up the word next time.

I get that you want to interpret every paper that comes out as a green light to get back to normal (but with masks), but that is not what the science is pointing to. Sorry if that ruins your day.

You can have the last word. You’re welcome.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #8149 on: September 09, 2020, 12:06:02 AM »
I was simply trying to help so you don’t screw up the word next time.

I get that you want to interpret every paper that comes out as a green light to get back to normal (but with masks), but that is not what the science is pointing to. Sorry if that ruins your day.

You can have the last word. You’re welcome.

Ignoring chico makes the Scoop experience much nicer.