collapse

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129800 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #4525 on: April 22, 2020, 01:01:06 PM »
Chris Cuomo is coming off as kind of a jagoff, no?

Who cares?  There is a large list of those people.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4526 on: April 22, 2020, 01:01:29 PM »
No.

I guess we'll disagree.  I would think being out and about with an active case of COVID-19 would be kind of a bad look.  And then to document his "emergence" from his basement when he'd already mentioned on his radio show that he had been out and about.  I think that makes him come off as a jagoff.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4527 on: April 22, 2020, 01:02:37 PM »
Who cares?  There is a large list of those people.

I think there is plenty that we're all posting on here that could elicit a "who cares" retort.  I was just sharing an opinion.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4528 on: April 22, 2020, 01:10:09 PM »
I think there is plenty that we're all posting on here that could elicit a "who cares" retort.  I was just sharing an opinion.

So would you agree that our President has come off as kind of a jagoff as well?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4529 on: April 22, 2020, 01:15:02 PM »
So would you agree that our President has come off as kind of a jagoff as well?

Absolutely.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4530 on: April 22, 2020, 01:19:53 PM »
It can be both.  I'm sure quite a few of those people protesting are honest Americans that don't understand how deadly this is and want life to go back to normal.

Any suggestions on how they don’t understand? It is 24/7 coverage.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4531 on: April 22, 2020, 01:23:50 PM »
Chris Cuomo is coming off as kind of a jagoff, no?
Somewhat agree. But I think he has always been like that.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4532 on: April 22, 2020, 01:25:38 PM »

Depends whose 24/7 coverage they're watching or reading.
Heck, we had someone here today linking a news story that says COVID-19 is just the flu.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4533 on: April 22, 2020, 01:28:12 PM »
Just come out and embrace the Texas Lt. Governor already.  "There are more important things than living".   You know you want to.   And prove it by going out and volunteering in the hard hit areas.

In Houston we recall our Lt Gov as former Channel 11 sportscaster Dan Patrick who changed his name from Dannie Scott Goeb. My brother worked at KHOU too and I first met Dan during the Luv Ya Blue Oiler days...he wore blue face on air!

He then tried his hand at sports bars which bankrupted and he was just about out of gas/money when an opportunity struck ....to  buy a nearly defunct christian AM radio station for pennies. ....wow....Dan suddenly found god...and a bunch of guys to host local conservative call in shows.

Dan parlayed christian/conservative radio celebrity to Tx State Senate and now Lt Gov.

To me he will always be that TV sports guy in blue face
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4534 on: April 22, 2020, 01:31:12 PM »
Somewhat agree. But I think he has always been like that.

I'll take your word for it.  I watch very little news on TV and wasn't even particularly aware of Cuomo until he got sick.  I wouldn't swear that I had never heard of him -- I probably did in passing at one time or another -- but I have no recollection.

If it helps my bona fides with Hards, I'll say for the record that Hannity is a total jagoff.  No specific examples needed.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #4535 on: April 22, 2020, 01:32:05 PM »
I guess we'll disagree.  I would think being out and about with an active case of COVID-19 would be kind of a bad look.  And then to document his "emergence" from his basement when he'd already mentioned on his radio show that he had been out and about.  I think that makes him come off as a jagoff.

I don't think he "comes off" as a jagoff.  I think he IS a jagoff.  Well documented.  Though he is not in the  minority in that regard when it comes to big personalities in media  (left or right leaning).

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #4536 on: April 22, 2020, 01:32:14 PM »
Columnist for Hearst Newspapers Connecticut visited the Hartford "protest" on Monday.  He tried to speak with a range of them.
This is Connecticut, so the gun nuts actually left their guns at home.  Check out the pictures including, of course, a Joe Exotic mention.
A quick read.

Dan Haar: The full spectrum of coronavirus shutdown protesters
By Dan Haar Updated 1:36 am EDT, Tuesday, April 21, 2020

https://www.middletownpress.com/news/article/Dan-Haar-The-full-spectrum-of-coronavirus-15214250.php

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4537 on: April 22, 2020, 01:32:45 PM »

There are at least a couple of news networks you could watch where you would have no idea how serious the pandemic really is. Then they get tweets from POTUS telling them to "liberate" various states. I can see how people wouldn't understand.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4538 on: April 22, 2020, 01:39:46 PM »
I'll take your word for it.  I watch very little news on TV and wasn't even particularly aware of Cuomo until he got sick.  I wouldn't swear that I had never heard of him -- I probably did in passing at one time or another -- but I have no recollection.

If it helps my bona fides with Hards, I'll say for the record that Hannity is a total jagoff.  No specific examples needed.

Chris Cuomo has always been a douche.  Most rich and famous people are.  No need for your bona fides.  :P

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4539 on: April 22, 2020, 01:47:26 PM »

Simple.  There are a lot of stupid people that exist in the world.  Some don't watch the news.  Some have been told that all the media does is lie, so they don't trust them.  Some get their information from facebook feeds.  Some are conspiracy theorists.  Some are sick of being afraid of something they can't comprehend, nor could they hope to comprehend.  They're the same folks that don't trust science because they can't understand it.  They are D-U-M-B, and the internet has made them dumber.  But they've become more confident that they aren't dumb because now they're not just the crazy lady down the street... and now they have a way of organizing into a group of crazies.

There will always be stupid people.  There is no solution.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4540 on: April 22, 2020, 02:16:33 PM »
Maybe this was already posted - but the US had quite the spike of new cases yesterday - more than 39k new.  The start of the Easter "bump"?

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2020-coronavirus-cases-world-map/

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #4541 on: April 22, 2020, 02:43:31 PM »
Maybe this was already posted - but the US had quite the spike of new cases yesterday - more than 39k new.  The start of the Easter "bump"?

maybe i am really bad a reading graphs but i see April 21 = 26,221 for new cases in the us from the info in that link

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4542 on: April 22, 2020, 02:55:28 PM »

Could be.  I know a lot of people got together with family.

But it's really hard to tell because testing is so inconsistent right now.  Ohio had a spike recently, but it now appears that much of it was that they tested thousands inmates in the prisons (and found 73% infected in one).

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4543 on: April 22, 2020, 03:09:05 PM »

But it's really hard to tell because testing is so inconsistent right now.  Ohio had a spike recently, but it now appears that much of it was that they tested thousands inmates in the prisons (and found 73% infected in one).

That's my feeling. The availability of tests per capita still varies widely from state to state, and is gradually increasing as time goes by...so I struggle to see how any changes in infection rates can reliably be attributed to any particular factor.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4544 on: April 22, 2020, 03:10:40 PM »
Quote from: StillAWarrior hulink=topic=59849.msg1236567#msg1236567 date=1587585328

Dane county just tested the jail, guards and immates, had a small spike too.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4545 on: April 22, 2020, 03:20:31 PM »
Dane county just tested the jail, guards and immates, had a small spike too.

It unnerved me when I saw Ohio's spike.  We had seemed to be heading in the right direction (i.e., under 400 new cases per day), and suddenly things spiked...511...623...693...1115...1380...1317...  With more than 3300 cases in prisons, I think it's safe to say that a fairly healthy portion of those new cases were there.  Also, they started much more aggressive testing in nursing homes.

We're back down below 400 again.  I tend to focus more on deaths/hospitalizations/ICU admissions because they seem less affected by an increase in testing.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4546 on: April 22, 2020, 03:59:47 PM »
maybe i am really bad a reading graphs but i see April 21 = 26,221 for new cases in the us from the info in that link

Well, that's weird, I see where you got that - you clicked on "Cases in the US" which takes you to a new page with different numbers, but if you scroll down the original page, and go to "Global Cases Added Per Day" you'll see the 39,460 - which corresponds with the JHU data:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #4547 on: April 22, 2020, 04:29:15 PM »
Trends in the number of positive cases are almost completely meaningless. They are a factor of the number of tests conducted, and we are just now, 6 weeks into this mess, starting to be able to test everyone with symptoms.

The most meaningful metric, in terms of trends and where we are on the curve, is hospitalizations/ICU admissions, as well as deaths (although this is a trailing metric).

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #4548 on: April 22, 2020, 04:43:11 PM »
I don't think he "comes off" as a jagoff.  I think he IS a jagoff.  Well documented.  Though he is not in the  minority in that regard when it comes to big personalities in media  (left or right leaning).

I guess some of us don't have to self quarantine even when we have the virus. Some average New York Schlupp would have probably been fined or even charged with spreading the virus knowingly.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/double-standard-it-seems-coronavirus-quarantines-dont-apply-to-george-stephanopoulos/
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 04:51:11 PM by muwarrior69 »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4549 on: April 22, 2020, 04:51:23 PM »
I guess some of us don't have to self quarantine even when we have the virus. So me average New York Schlupp would have probably been fined or even charged with spreading the virus knowingly.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/double-standard-it-seems-coronavirus-quarantines-dont-apply-to-george-stephanopoulos/

Battle stations, battle stations.   Tsmith and jockitch, please report to your weapons.

In regards to Cuomo, he was spotted looking at properties in the Hamptons on easter sunday, so his whole "emergence" is just another CNN stunt.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/492907-hamptons-bicyclist-files-police-report-after-verbal-confrontation-with-cnns