collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Best Wings in Milwaukee (and others if you'd like)  (Read 3391 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Best Wings in Milwaukee (and others if you'd like)
« on: January 06, 2017, 10:48:31 AM »
Apologize if this has been discussed already.  Just wondering what peoples' thoughts are on what the best wings in Milwaukee are.

In my opinion, it's Point's East and it's not even close.  After that, Stenny's is solid and Quakersteak and Lube is good for getting all you can eat with a large variety of flavors.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Best Wings in Milwaukee (and others if you'd like)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 10:52:54 AM »
Knick or Harry's, get 'em Stein style, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 11:03:15 AM »
Bougeys in Brookfield is decent and I've always found that Turners has remarkably good wings
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 11:20:06 AM »
Apologize if this has been discussed already.  Just wondering what peoples' thoughts are on what the best wings in Milwaukee are.

In my opinion, it's Point's East and it's not even close.

Yup. Feel free to lock this one down and pin it, mods. Any argument to the contrary must be off topic.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 12:40:26 PM »
dspot in Oakdale

Never, I said dspot....settle down.

http://www.eatatdspot.com/

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 12:44:59 PM »
Tomkens on Greenfield is excellent also.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 12:53:40 PM »
Big fan of Elsa's wings.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 01:08:51 PM »

In my opinion, it's Point's East and it's not even close.  After that, Stenny's is solid and Quakersteak and Lube is good for getting all you can eat with a large variety of flavors.

Was this thread started by the guy that gets on my case for every thread I start and demands like a petulant child they are all moved to the superbar?

Hypocrite

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 01:14:44 PM »
Oh boy...popcorn at the ready for this one.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 01:29:32 PM »
Was this thread started by the guy that gets on my case for every thread I start and demands like a petulant child they are all moved to the superbar?

Hypocrite

Uhh...?  (Hey buddy, you might want to check which board this thread is in...here's a hint: YOU'RE IN THE SUPERBAR!)  You almost caught me there!

So if you're looking for an answer to your question, the answer is absolutely yes!  You are correct, this thread was started "by the guy that gets on [your] case for every thread [you] start and demands like a petulant child they are moved to the Superbar."  The difference between us?  I actually do put threads that belong in the Superbar into...well, the Superbar.

Oh, and one of us understands what a hypocrite is while the other, clearly, does not.

Thanks for the contribution.  You certainly do provide comedic entertainment to this board.  M-V-P(oster)! M-V-P(poster)!  M-V-P(oster)!

PS You announced to all of Scoop (like a petulant child) that you had me on ignore.  What happened?  Needed my clicks?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 01:53:02 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 03:00:28 PM »
Hauser and JJJ.

wadesworld

• All American

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 03:19:39 PM »
Uhh...?  (Hey buddy, you might want to check which board this thread is in...here's a hint: YOU'RE IN THE SUPERBAR!)  You almost caught me there!

So if you're looking for an answer to your question, the answer is absolutely yes!  You are correct, this thread was started "by the guy that gets on [your] case for every thread [you] start and demands like a petulant child they are moved to the Superbar."  The difference between us?  I actually do put threads that belong in the Superbar into...well, the Superbar.

Oh, and one of us understands what a hypocrite is while the other, clearly, does not.

Thanks for the contribution.  You certainly do provide comedic entertainment to this board.  M-V-P(oster)! M-V-P(poster)!  M-V-P(oster)!

PS You announced to all of Scoop (like a petulant child) that you had me on ignore.  What happened?  Needed my clicks?

Superbar

Hangin' at the Al

Prediction Board
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 03:52:35 PM »
Only gripe about Points East is their comically small kitchen. If more than one person orders wings at a time, get ready for a major wait.

I actually wonder whether part of how good they are is the fact that you just waited 3 hours for a basket of wings on a Wednesday after sitting down at 6.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 04:01:44 PM »

Pretty sad when a national chain is one of the best places to get wings in Milwaukee. Like saying B-Dubs is up there.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 04:11:43 PM »
Pretty sad when a national chain is one of the best places to get wings in Milwaukee. Like saying B-Dubs is up there.

I probably should've separated it, it's probably not one of the best (although to be honest I don't get wings at many places so I don't truly know), I just meant that if you want to go for some all you can eat wings and watch some sports you can do worse than Lube.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 04:12:12 PM »
Only gripe about Points East is their comically small kitchen. If more than one person orders wings at a time, get ready for a major wait.

I actually wonder whether part of how good they are is the fact that you just waited 3 hours for a basket of wings on a Wednesday after sitting down at 6.

This is true.  But I do think their wings are legitimately that good.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 04:48:08 PM »
This is true.  But I do think their wings are legitimately that good.

Not sure if you've been there in the last few months, but they have expanded. It's still a longer wait than most places, but worth it. Also, their beer selection is very good imo.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 05:19:07 PM »

You forgot Club Garibaldi (aka Club G's) in Bay View. A notch below PE using a similar technique. Also the BBQ joint on Water St. (the old Lukes Sports Spectacular) Red Rocks arent bad smoked wings.
But I like to throw handfuls...

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 05:27:51 PM »
Definitely on board the Points East train. Honorable mention to Atlas BBQ (Grafton) and Leff's (Tosa)

While not at the same level as PE, I miss Heggerty's. Their 10 cent wings on Monday's were freaking awesome.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2017, 06:20:47 PM »

While not at the same level as PE, I miss Heggerty's. Their 10 cent wings on Monday's were freaking awesome.

I was going to post this. And Heg's wings were massive...whatever steroidal chickens they were using, hats off.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2017, 06:24:40 PM »

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2017, 09:21:09 PM »
this is in the "and others" category as unfortunately my MKE food intake is confined to whatever i can grab going to WAY TO INFREQUENT MU games.......if anyone ever gets to Kansas City go to The Peanut (the one on 51st).  A complete sh!t hole but fantastic wings and the best BLT you've ever had.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2017, 10:04:43 PM »
Anyone else who was around mid 90s remember the BBQ place that was in campus town next to the music store. Can't remember the name but they had a pit there and had good BBQ but the wings were awesome.  Really nice guy that owned it too always gave samples of the ribs and brisket.  Used to stop after my 5:45-7 class on Mondays and get a bunch of wings for MNF.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2017, 10:56:19 PM »
Not sure if you've been there in the last few months, but they have expanded. It's still a longer wait than most places, but worth it. Also, their beer selection is very good imo.

The first and only time I've actually been to Points East was at the beginning of this football season, and I believe the people I was with said they had just redone their kitchen to make it bigger.  However, it wasn't even overly busy and it still took well over an hour for us to get our food.  But it was worth the wait, and we were able to sit and watch football anyway.

Definitely on board the Points East train. Honorable mention to Atlas BBQ (Grafton) and Leff's (Tosa)

I ordered wings to go from Leff's one time with my cousin and I'm 99.9% certain we ordered the medium wings.  They were legitimately some of the hottest wings I've ever tried.  My lips were burning.  I'm not someone who enjoys challenging himself to eat as hot of food as I can possibly find, but at the same time I don't think I'm overly sensitive to spicy foods, but these were incredibly hot.  Did we get someone else's order or are Leff's "medium" actually super hot?