collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NCAA Tournament Pool  (Read 3197 times)

wadesworld

• All American
NCAA Tournament Pool
« on: March 13, 2014, 11:29:21 PM »
If anybody wants to join an NCAA Tournament Pool my friend and I are setting one up.  It's a $20 buy in and all are welcome, so feel free to let friends and family know about it.  I set one up last year and was not exactly organized and fairly rushed with it all, so this year if I do not have the money from someone by the time the first tip begins their bracket will be deleted (if I receive the money later I'll send it back...not just gonna eat the money).  Below is the link to the Facebook group, again feel free to invite others.

https://www.facebook.com/events/636515489754711/?notif_t=plan_user_joined

And the link to the pool is (through Yahoo, standard Yahoo scoring):

http://y.ahoo.it/1rXmppic

Group ID#: 62639
Group Name: Brew City Brawl
Password: panthers

If you have PayPal and would like to pay through that please make it for $21 due to service fees they charge there, and the PayPal account to send it to would be foleypj4@yahoo.com.

If you want to send me the money in the mail shoot me a PM.  Any other questions you can respond here or shoot me a PM.

Thanks.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
Re: NCAA Tournament Pool
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 07:46:33 AM »
Is this even legal?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 09:03:19 AM »
password is panthers?  WTF?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 09:35:33 AM »

Death on call

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 10:06:03 AM »
Count me out!

He's a Florida hockey fan!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 10:11:45 PM »
He's a Florida hockey fan!

Or Eldridge Cleaver

Death on call

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 08:04:08 AM »
Or LL Cool J. Wads, how many people do you think you'll have in the panther-pool? I may swoop in & take your money even though you're bill-jacking on paypal (you can send have the $ sent as a gift and not be charged).

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 06:49:44 PM »
Or LL Cool J. Wads, how many people do you think you'll have in the panther-pool? I may swoop in & take your money even though you're bill-jacking on paypal (you can send have the $ sent as a gift and not be charged).

Really?  Never knew that.

And to be honest I have no idea.  It probably won't be real big.  Hoping to keep a list of contacts for who gets in on it and grow it year to year.  Feel free to invite anyone you may know who may be interested.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 07:00:55 PM »
Bump.  About 16 hours until money/picks are due.  Join if you'd like.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 08:36:00 PM »
Or Eldridge Cleaver

His son was a friend in high school.  I had no idea who his dad was until years later.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 07:56:57 AM »

Wow! NICE! Don't think Keefe can top this.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 10:00:53 AM »
Last bump.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 02:14:00 AM »
Per ESPN, 98.3% of their 11 million entrants have at least one pick wrong after day one. 

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 09:45:59 AM »
Per ESPN, 98.3% of their 11 million entrants have at least one pick wrong after day one. 

Warren Buffett sure knows a safe bet when he sees one. And gives him a lot of publicity. Win!!!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 06:25:56 PM »
So what does second place get?

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 10:03:35 AM »
1st, 2nd, and 3rd get payouts?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 11:26:07 AM »
Top 5 will get money.  I didn't really consider a tie for 2-4 when I made the pool.  Technically the tiebreaker was National Championship score.  That put Nick R. into second, UltimateWarrior into 3rd, and Chicos into 4th.  Having said that, if we went by total correct picks the order of those 3 would be completely reversed.  I talked to Nick R. last night and he was fine splitting the total winnings of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th between the 3 of you.  Are you 2 alright with that?

I'm waiting for the other guy who set this up with me to send me his portion of the cash by Paypal today and then I will send out your winnings tonight or tomorrow AM.

Ultimatewarrior and Chicos, please PM me with how you want me to get your money to you (what Paypal address or if there's a better way for me to get it to you let me know).