'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 95-63  (Read 21572 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: 95-63
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2022, 11:57:28 AM »
I am pleased with the direction of the program under Shaka.

At the outset of the season,I thought  we would make the NCAA tournament and be in the upper tier of The Big East . We accomplished that . Shaka got to work right away bringing in transfers and keeping the recruits .

We signed a couple nice prospects for 2022 and have a lot of irons in the fire for 2023.

I expect we will hit on some solid players in the transfer portal.

Next season we will field an even better squad .

Yesterdays game was a disappointment . However ,my disappointment was not in Shaka. The team was getting very good looks early on but missing the shots . MU never settled in and shot poorly despite having many good looks . Our players were not up to the moment and UNCs players were.

To my way of thinking, yesterday was similar to when Buzz 2011-12 squad crapped the bed against Florida in the S 16 that year . The next year we came back and made Elite 8

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2022, 12:02:31 PM »

At the outset of the season,I thought  we would make the NCAA tournament and be in the upper tier of The Big East . We accomplished that . Shaka got to work right away bringing in transfers and keeping the recruits .

We signed a couple nice prospects for 2022 and have a lot of irons in the fire for 2023.

Yesterdays game was a disappointment . However ,my disappointment was not in Shaka. The team was getting very good looks early on but missing the shots . MU never settled in and shot poorly despite having many good looks . Our players were not up to the moment and UNCs players were.

To my way of thinking, yesterday was similar to when Buzz 2011-12 squad crapped the bed against Florida in the S 16 that year . The next year we came back and made Elite 8

I agree with this analysis.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2022, 12:10:50 PM »

You’re comparing yesterday’s humiliating loss to losing in the S16?   😂😂😂😂😂

Goose

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2022, 12:27:05 PM »
Herman

I agree on the missing of open shots. I told my son that we were not going to these type of looks all day and they needed to drain them early. They come out tight and that was the ball game.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2022, 01:04:34 PM »
Herman

I agree on the missing of open shots. I told my son that we were not going to these type of looks all day and they needed to drain them early. They come out tight and that was the ball game.

So this team is so fragile that missing some early shots spiraled into the worst loss ever between an 8 and 9?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2022, 01:26:23 PM »
You have been incredibly optimistic about the new regime from the beginning. I didn’t quite share your level of optimism, but I respect your opinions so you gave me hope. I must say I haven’t posted here much partly because I lost some enthusiasm for the program and partly because of some of the know-it-all idiots that post here.

I do believe the future is bright, but I also believe there shouldn’t be much more grace period. The goals should be conference championships and advancing deep in the tournament.  I am disappointed with the result yesterday, but there have been enough positives during the year to make me believe we are on the right path. It is clear from yesterday and over the last few weeks that this team doesn’t have the personnel right now to get where they want to go. That actually gives me hope because there are some young players that will only get better. Even though the team didn’t quite have the players to get it done, Shaka still coached them to a tournament bid and some success against high quality teams. I am hoping this is the low water mark for the Shaka era. Have to bring in some quality players that fit the Shaka system.
No Hairy, the grace period/honeymoon/getting his feet wet/need time to develop the players/etc. is over after that boat race MU was chewed up in. Results and talented studs must start now!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2022, 01:27:07 PM »
So this team is so fragile that missing some early shots spiraled into the worst loss ever between an 8 and 9?

You should probably just stop being an MU fan.  Terminate your Scoop membership.  Change your allegiance to the Wisconsin Badgers.  The Badgers will be fantastic next year without Johnny Davis.

It's Year fugging 1 under Shaka.  What happened under Wojo or the past 10 years since we last won an NCAA tournament game is irrelevant.  If by Year 4 or 5 of Shaka we haven't won a game in the NCAA MU likelyl explores moving on.  But the way you've been posting, its as if Shaka's been here 5 years and we just got blown out for the second time in 5 years in the first round of the NCAA.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2022, 01:29:26 PM »
I agree, Ners. There are a lot of grievances from the prior regime being (unfairly) put on this one.

God help this place if they take a step back next season.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2022, 01:34:37 PM »
I agree, Ners. There are a lot of grievances from the prior regime being (unfairly) put on this one.

Totally agree.  To the bolded - It's all going to depend on how the transfer portal recruiting plays out.  As it stands I think it is possible we take a step back next year if Justin leaves.  If he stays we will be at least as good as we were this year assuming all the rest of the roster returns.  Morsell will be a loss, but the improvement of the rest of the roster should offset that loss.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2022, 01:40:09 PM »
You should probably just stop being an MU fan.  Terminate your Scoop membership.  Change your allegiance to the Wisconsin Badgers.  The Badgers will be fantastic next year without Johnny Davis.

It's Year fugging 1 under Shaka.  What happened under Wojo or the past 10 years since we last won an NCAA tournament game is irrelevant.  If by Year 4 or 5 of Shaka we haven't won a game in the NCAA MU likelyl explores moving on.  But the way you've been posting, its as if Shaka's been here 5 years and we just got blown out for the second time in 5 years in the first round of the NCAA.

If in 5 years things are the same it will be 15 years since Marquette has been relevant.  Sure, let’s wait it out.   Then we can get a new coach and the 15 years prior won’t count so we can start the 5 year clock again. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2022, 01:41:53 PM »
If in 5 years things are the same it will be 15 years since Marquette has been relevant.  Sure, let’s wait it out.   Then we can get a new coach and the 15 years prior won’t count so we can start the 5 year clock again.

We have to reach out to John Calipari
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2022, 01:42:28 PM »

Welcome to being a fan of a team that used to be good but hasn’t been in a decade.  This is what happens.  Some of you are ok just waiting it out forever and hoping it will be our year in 2 or 3 years.   Others aren’t so complacent. 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2022, 01:44:39 PM »
Welcome to being a fan of a team that used to be good but hasn’t been in a decade.  This is what happens.  Some of you are ok just waiting it out forever and hoping it will be our year in 2 or 3 years.   Others aren’t so complacent.

I'm not great with waiting forever. Yesterday sucked.

But taking a decade of frustration out on a first year coach, with a new roster that exceeded expectations, is a bad look.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2022, 01:45:59 PM »
We have to reach out to John Calipari

Why?  I’ve heard Shaka has us moving in the right direction.  Why suddenly do we have to wait for 5 years before we can judge his success or failure?   It’s good though that you’re happy with the state of Marquette basketball.  So many meaningful games and so many great performances over the past decade.  Dhaka’s year 1 has fit in perfectly with what we’ve enjoyed the last 10 years.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2022, 01:47:18 PM »
I'm not great with waiting forever. Yesterday sucked.

But taking a decade of frustration out on a first year coach, with a new roster that exceeded expectations, is a bad look.

You really dialed up the excuse machine for this one.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2022, 01:47:36 PM »
Why?  I’ve heard Shaka has us moving in the right direction.  Why suddenly do we have to wait for 5 years before we can judge his success or failure?   It’s good though that you’re happy with the state of Marquette basketball.  So many meaningful games and so many great performances over the past decade.  Dhaka’s year 1 has fit in perfectly with what we’ve enjoyed the last 10 years.

Cool story, bro. 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2022, 01:49:52 PM »
You really dialed up the excuse machine for this one.

The unnatural carnal knowledge you talking about?

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2022, 01:51:57 PM »
Could someone explain the current player transfer rules? Will it be open like last year or back to to old "sit out a year" rules? Thanks

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2022, 01:52:26 PM »
Could someone explain the current player transfer rules? Will it be open like last year or back to to old "sit out a year" rules? Thanks

If you haven’t transferred, you don’t have to sit out a year

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2022, 02:02:44 PM »

Didn’t you say you’d stop caring last night? I assumed that extended to posting on scoop as well.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2022, 02:06:31 PM »
If they take a step back next year, then we may have hired the wrong coach.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2022, 02:07:20 PM »
the thing is what do u want to see happen. what can we do. we fired wojo and its year one of shaka. what do u want them to do

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2022, 02:07:54 PM »
Along with more talent, Shaka can take his coaching game up a notch next year.

He won some great games in the first half of the season when we could sneak up on teams.  Big Kudos to coach.  Spelling Villanova with two L’s is not often done by anyone.

He blew it twice with Creighton….just learn and evolve from that as well.  I’ll also say something was off later in the season with chemistry and cohesion. I wonder if Shaka has some learning there too. Especially later in the season when the wheels started to fall off. 

That was quite the @$$ whooping yesterday.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2022, 02:08:11 PM »
Didn’t you say you’d stop caring last night? I assumed that extended to posting on scoop as well.

Bad assumption.   I don’t care enough about the team next year to watch any of their games.   I do care enough about all of you on Scoop though to try and stop you from accepting the garbage this program has been turning out.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2022, 02:08:55 PM »
Bad assumption.   I don’t care enough about the team next year to watch any of their games.   I do care enough about all of you on Scoop though to try and stop you from accepting the garbage this program has been turning out.

Lol

feedback