[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: James Not Invited to Orlando  (Read 8080 times)

bilsu

• All American
Re: James Not Invited to Orlando
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 08:32:43 PM »
Not having Novak and Chapman did not stop McNeil from going to the hole. For whatever reason James was not as explosive this year. Take away his break away layups and his low shooting percentage becomes absolutely terrible. He did not have the quickness to get to the hoop this year as he did as a freshman. If he comes back, I do believe he will come with a whole different attitude. He did not have a bad attitude, he just did not seem to be in many games, especially in the first half. However, my feeling is that he will make a mistake and stay in the draft.

4everwarriors

• All American
What's Surprising...
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2007, 09:08:31 PM »
is that Crean, for all the good his huddling with NBA confidants did, would have encouraged DJ to declare. Oh yeah, at 5' 10" GMs are going to ignore his shot because of his overall athleticism and upside.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: What's Surprising...
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2007, 10:13:18 PM »
is that Crean, for all the good his huddling with NBA confidants did, would have encouraged DJ to declare. Oh yeah, at 5' 10" GMs are going to ignore his shot because of his overall athleticism and upside.

You're void of much of the information on this 4ever.  James wanted to declare.  Crean did the work for him to setup the best possible information.  Crean did not encourage James to declare...where do you get this stuff?  James said he would declare, Crean said he would facilitate and provide as much information as he could for James to make the best possible decision on whether to stay in, etc.

But where are you getting this sense that Crean said "DJ, you should enter the draft".  This I gotta hear.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2007, 10:23:11 PM »
DJ - whatever happens, you can always expect some on the board to spread their hate.

Good Luck and we would love to see DJ back in the blue and gold

You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

4everwarriors

• All American
What Was All The Rhetoric...
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 11:21:05 AM »
about getting opinions from those in the know before a decision to enter was made. Crean made it sound like he was acting as DJ's advisor and counselor. No hate here, just the facts. Truth is, I have about the same chance as James to be drafted this year with or without the Orlando camp.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: What Was All The Rhetoric...
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 11:58:20 AM »
about getting opinions from those in the know before a decision to enter was made. Crean made it sound like he was acting as DJ's advisor and counselor. No hate here, just the facts. Truth is, I have about the same chance as James to be drafted this year with or without the Orlando camp.

DJ:   I want to enter the NBA Draft.  It is my life's dream to do so.  Coach, can you help me gather information on whether this is possible or plausible.

CREAN:  Yes.  We will talk with the appropriate parties under NCAA rules that allow for that interaction to give you the best information possible.

weeks later....

CREAN:  GMs, coaches, scouts indicate you "might" be drafted but you might not.  You are not a slam dunk first round draft choice so it is advised you do not hire an agent so your eligibility is still in tact.  It is your decision.  If you wish to pursue your dream, we will help you.  If you wish to come back, you will lead this team next year.

DJ:    I'm going to put my name in the draft but will not sign an agent.  I will attempt to play at the invitationals

Is this really that hard 4ever?

The Lens

• All American
Re: What Was All The Rhetoric...
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2007, 02:03:42 PM »

I will say it seems like Crean's place in the situation has changed.  Before it was we're gathering info etc, now he's saying:

Crean said all indications are James is sticking to his initial statement that he'll stay in the draft only if he's assured of going in the first round, which would mean a guaranteed contract worth at least a couple of million dollars.

If he were to be picked in the second round or go undrafted, the odds of making an NBA roster next season would increase exponentially.

"I would hope he would stick with that because there is far too much risk to potentially being picked in the second round," Crean said.

It doesn't seem like Crean is as involved as he once was...which could simply be DJ is being stubborn and not listening to Crean's good advice.  Love him or hate him, TC really seems to have the players best interest in mind even to the short term detriment to the team. 

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

mviale

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2007, 10:51:27 PM »
sorry chicos, I only have issues with you on the other board.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2007, 11:36:01 PM »
sorry chicos, I only have issues with you on the other board.

The feeling is mutual.   ;D

4everwarriors

• All American
Using Your Reasoning
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2007, 06:14:15 AM »
4ever says to his good friend Chicos, I'd really like to date Sharon Stone. Chicos replies, "If that's your dream bro, go for it."

4ever: Hey, Sharon how about going out for a nice dinner, walk in the park, and
          an after dinner drink at my place? Then, maybe you could pet my
          one-eyed snake?

Sharon: In your dreams, 4ever, "Drop dead."

I guess you were right, its not that hard to understand. ;D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 06:16:30 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Using Your Reasoning
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2007, 07:53:56 AM »
4ever says to his good friend Chicos, I'd really like to date Sharon Stone. Chicos replies, "If that's your dream bro, go for it."

4ever: Hey, Sharon how about going out for a nice dinner, walk in the park, and
          an after dinner drink at my place? Then, maybe you could pet my
          one-eyed snake?

Sharon: In your dreams, 4ever, "Drop dead."

I guess you were right, its not that hard to understand. ;D

that's a good dream date 4ever, I took you to be more of a "going dutch at Perkins and then to the bowling alley on a first date" kinda guy.   ;D

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2007, 08:08:24 AM »
One-eyed snake?  That was pretty funny.

Sharon Stone is a withered old hag, why would you want anything like that?

Course, by Wisconsin standards she is a beauty.   ;)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2007, 10:02:50 AM »
Sharon Stone?  Hell, I think the mentally handicapped kid down the street could hook up with that troll these days.

:)

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2007, 10:25:27 AM »
TO BILSU-

RE: your post ...

Not having Novak and Chapman did not stop McNeil from going to the hole. For whatever reason James was not as explosive this year. Take away his break away layups and his low shooting percentage becomes absolutely terrible. He did not have the quickness to get to the hoop this year as he did as a freshman. If he comes back, I do believe he will come with a whole different attitude. He did not have a bad attitude, he just did not seem to be in many games, especially in the first half. However, my feeling is that he will make a mistake and stay in the draft.

In regards to the McNeal comment that is where people just watching make the mistake.   Mcneal and Matthews for that matter usually initiated the drive off the catch...most often coming off at least one screen.  In fact Mcneal's was at his most effective running that play where he flares accorss the free throw line catches and drives after receiveng 2-3 screens.  He has the benefit of the screens and being able to attempt to get open without the ball while only having one man focused on him.   On the other hand DJ has the ball at the top of the key with 5 defenders with at least one eye on him and the ball in his hands... yet we get after every game comments like " Not having Novak and Chapman did not stop McNeil from going to the hole".  Take a defender or two completely focused on guarding Noavk and chapman and even McNeal and it goes from 5 defenders focused on DJ to 2 or 3.   As i have stated over and over the other teams goal this year was "Stop DJ from driving"  that was goal #1 thru #5, #6 was probably contain Mcneal. What do you think it was last year?  You think Novak was at the top?

And here is where it gets beautiful after that staement you and others will invariably make this classic.... "For whatever reason James was not as explosive this year."   Ahh son, i just gave you the reasons.

Ignorance is bliss

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2007, 10:37:24 AM »
Sharon Stone?  Hell, I think the mentally handicapped kid down the street could hook up with that troll these days.

no thanks, chicos, I'm happily married and comfortably stupid.   8)

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2007, 08:11:25 PM »
Harrison----DJ didn't get to the hoop as much last year for the simple reason that MU saw significantly more zones and collapsing defenses than when he had Novak & Chapman-----what's more, he'll see more of the same this coming year!

Had been surrounded by the same people as when a frosh----he would have showed significant improvement!

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2007, 09:36:34 AM »
GEE Thanks murf that has been my very point too people like BILSU whom have said  "For whatever reason James was not as explosive this year."   
Simply blanket sttements with no accumen as to why....others have said he was too busy playing for the scouts or reading his clippings....Sports bar type comments. completely unfair

Ignorance is bliss

i personally believe we will be much more dynamic offensively next year and James will have a solid year

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2007, 02:01:06 PM »

So, your sticking with the assumption that 4eva doesn't have a chance.  ;D

feedback