collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 09:00:07 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Roma travel advice  (Read 5022 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Roma travel advice
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2016, 10:01:44 PM »
Yes, the obligatory Im traveling and need the advice of scoopers. Going to Rome in a week, (with a couple of days in Paris wedged in there) and just wondering what to do. More interested in the best place to eat. Saved up a while for this one so budget not really an issue when it comes to food.

Were staying a block away from the Vatican. I try to get the good Pope Francis's prayers for our beloved Marquette basketball team.

Best possible advice is to give Rome a miss and spend your time in Firenze. My oldest teaches at the university there. It is a fabulous place.

Death on call

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2016, 11:37:19 AM »
Best possible advice is to give Rome a miss and spend your time in Firenze. My oldest teaches at the university there. It is a fabulous place.

I wouldn't say skip Rome, but agree that Florence is an awesome city and the far better option to visit. If you have extra time, try to get there. Train tickets are pretty cheap.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2016, 05:04:06 PM »
Skip Rome, ....Rick Steves is a Commie...wow...are you having a ba humbug Christmas?
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2016, 06:25:40 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2016, 12:56:13 AM »
Skip Rome, ....Rick Steves is a Commie...wow...are you having a ba humbug Christmas?

Had a stellar Christmas. Gathering of friends with a table groaning spread of prime rib, turkey, and venison accompanied by phenomenal Washington wines and scintillating repartee.

Rick Steves is a local political hack posing as a travel guru who thinks Iran is a great place to spend your tourism dollars and that the mullahs running the place are merely misunderstood. Frankly, I think he is full of sh1t.

Rome is ok but, if I were a young man on a student's budget, I would give it a miss in favor of the more culturally interesting Firenze.

Just my advice. 

Death on call

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2016, 05:08:12 PM »
Thanks all, it's been great so far. Going to the Vatican tomorrow in preparation of the Big East season, gets some prayers from Francis.

I've learned that I can never travel with my friend again though. Good friend, god awful travel partner. The pantheon was on the other side of the road and she wanted to look at cheap magnets to bring back home.

She also never wants to go off the beaten path to eat, almost always gets convinced by the people in the piazzas and high streets trying to drag people to their restaurant.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2016, 05:41:44 PM »
She also never wants to go off the beaten path to eat, almost always gets convinced by the people in the piazzas and high streets trying to drag people to their restaurant.

I forgot rule #4. The good restaurants don't need to hustle people into their restaurant.

Sorry brother,  you're missing out on some of the finer things
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2016, 05:51:40 PM »
I forgot rule #4. The good restaurants don't need to hustle people into their restaurant.

Sorry brother,  you're missing out on some of the finer things

That's literally almost the exact same words that I used. Oh well, I may or may not have laid out tomorrows plans based off your guy's restaurant recommendations.

Also, Italian not that difficult to understand if you know Spanish. My "Italian" is speaking in Spanish and while trjowing Italian words in if I know them.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2016, 05:55:56 PM »
Yeah but, havin' a travel mate wit benefits can't be all bad when one of dem storms hit and ya need a port, hey?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 07:24:04 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"