collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: OT": bin laden dead!  (Read 15597 times)

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
Re: OT": bin laden dead!
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2011, 11:56:20 PM »

Normally I would apologize, but you're kind of being insufferable today....or more insufferable than usual...

I love the victimization in your latest post.  Classic Chicos...

Kind of a douchey move on your part Sultan.  He got you on this one.  You called him out, he proved you wrong and you still don't apologize.  On top of that there are people here insinuating the guy is not happy Osama is dead?   That's douchey, no other way to call it.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2011, 01:13:45 AM »
Mods, a sincere sorry for posting that pic. I just thought it was funny. I didn't think before posting. Wasn't trying to make your life difficult.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2011, 02:33:06 AM »
I didn’t get a chance to read your response before it was deleted, but I’m guessing it was deleted for good cause, as all inappropriate posts are. Here I’m assuming it was due to a political rant. You want examples of your partisanship? Thanks for asking. Here are some specifics:

1)   Whining about “mission accomplished”, enough said.
2)   “I see those reports, mostly on liberal sites and such, and I wonder what utopian, marshmellow, unicorn world they live in.” I dare you to defend this as non-partisan.
3)   Calling Jon Stewart, a well known liberal COMEDIAN, a cheerleader. And what prompted your characterization of Stewart? A post, applauding the show last night. The show is supposed to be funny, and it is most definitely slanted politically. You also created the idea that Daily Show viewers watch that show for their news to the exclusion of all other news sources. When someone calls The Daily Show “spectacular”, they’re saying its funny, but you decided to spin that to your liking. If you actually watched it, you would’ve seen it wasn’t political at all, it was just making fun of bin Laden.

But I would say it mostly has to do with your tone, after decrying liberal sites that -to paraphrase your words- naively think this (bin Laden’s death) ends the war on terror, you sarcastically say the world is ready for a big kumbaya. I can read between the lines. This is really all I care to say about this, as its completely off topic go figure, but I expect a defense of your non-partisanship until you're blue in the face.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2011, 07:36:18 AM »
The only thing that has me mad about this whole thing are the folks that are so naive to think this ends terrorism.  I see those reports, mostly on liberal sites and such, and I wonder what utopian, marshmellow, unicorn world they live in.  That would be the only thing that makes me mad.  Unfortunately there are a few of these naive folks that actually reside in our gov't today, and that affects us all.  There are some hard core right wingers that feel this way at all.  Maybe they are right.  Maybe the world is ready to do a big kumbaya

Chicos, I think you are a smart, well-read guy, but I think you are really looking for something to be pissed about.

It seems like you are reading some stuff, internalizing it, and then making a broad conclusion based upon your political slant.

(MY CHICO'S IMPRESSION)

"Liberal" news sources are claiming the war on terror is over, so the libs must be in spin mode and now Obama will take FULL credit (even though republication-backed water torture was a key element), get reelected and continue to run this country into the ground!

(Chico's throws hands up in the air in disgust).  

(END SCENE)

Obviously I'm taking some poetic license here, but this is what it seems like you are doing.

It seems like you are hunting around for a reason that this is bad. I'm just not sure that it's there.

(edit: shortened up, I was ranting before).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:02:25 PM by 2002MUalum »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2011, 01:15:49 PM »
I wish I could have read the whole rant.   :D

Good stuff

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2011, 01:48:29 PM »
I am very happy that Bin Laden was taken out. I applaud President Obama and his advisors for a courageous plan. Kudos to the Seals for brilliantly executing the plan. This was an outcome that should be celebrated by Americans of all political persuations.

I'm also grateful to hear glowing, not grudging, praise for our military. I'm glad people aren't critical about the go it alone "cowboy diplomacy" nature of the mission. I'm glad that virtually no one is grousing about the mission violating international law or worrying out loud that this will "cause them to hate us" or be used as a recruitment tool for the terrorists. In short, I'm glad we stand unified. Wish it had happened years ago. Hope it lasts.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2011, 02:19:15 PM »
Restrepo is great. I have my own take/messages drawn from this very compelling work, but you should watch it, and reach your own. The news of the photog being killed is more sad, having seen his incredible skill in doing this docu.His work is a memorial.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2011, 03:17:17 PM »
Restrepo is great. I have my own take/messages drawn from this very compelling work, but you should watch it, and reach your own. The news of the photog being killed is more sad, having seen his incredible skill in doing this docu.His work is a memorial.

+1, excellent documentary.  Too bad that the filmmaker was killed recently while making a film in Libya :(

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2011, 03:26:21 PM »
I am very happy that Bin Laden was taken out. I applaud President Obama and his advisors for a courageous plan. Kudos to the Seals for brilliantly executing the plan. This was an outcome that should be celebrated by Americans of all political persuations.

I'm also grateful to hear glowing, not grudging, praise for our military. I'm glad people aren't critical about the go it alone "cowboy diplomacy" nature of the mission. I'm glad that virtually no one is grousing about the mission violating international law or worrying out loud that this will "cause them to hate us" or be used as a recruitment tool for the terrorists. In short, I'm glad we stand unified. Wish it had happened years ago. Hope it lasts.

+1  It is also rather ironic that the complaints registered for so many years against one Pres are not to be found now.  Makes me chuckle at the flip flopping going on, but if this is what it takes for some of these folks to finally get on board...amen.

Three cheers for waterboarding as well!!  Hip hip, hooray.  Hip hip, hooray.  Drip drip, hooray.   ;)

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2011, 03:27:59 PM »
you just cant unnatural carnal knowledgeing help yourself, can you?

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2011, 03:32:41 PM »
Rabble rabble rabble
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2011, 03:33:25 PM »

For anyone who enjoyed the documentary, I strongly recommend you pick up Sebastian Junger's companion book, 'War.'
It's like the movie, but better.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2011, 04:09:55 PM »
+1  It is also rather ironic that the complaints registered for so many years against one Pres are not to be found now.  Makes me chuckle at the flip flopping going on, but if this is what it takes for some of these folks to finally get on board...amen.

Three cheers for waterboarding as well!!  Hip hip, hooray.  Hip hip, hooray.  Drip drip, hooray.   ;)
Probably because this President was actually successful at something the prior one let himself get too distracted to accomplish.  Just sayin  ;)

BME to MD

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2011, 04:15:31 PM »
Look everybody I am sure he has a buddy who was at Gitmo for all the waterboardings and told him that it works; and any research or bother testimony to the contrary are just damn lies because people who toe the line of torture are under no pressure to justify their behavior.  Regardless, I think it is clear that Julian Assange is Bizarro Chicos.

Pakuni, thanks for the tip!  I'll check it out next time I get a chance.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 07:50:00 PM by BME to MD »

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2011, 04:22:45 PM »

See, you just confirm what I posted before.

A victory for the U.S., and you search out the partisan comments and get yourself worked up.

This is not a democrat vs republican issue.

The reason you are getting pissy is that you strongly identify with one political party, so even when something good happens, you find something to get worked up about. The democrats are hypocrites. Shocking. So are republicans. It's the nature of modern politics, and it's sucks.

Partisan politics are stupid.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2011, 04:40:59 PM »
The reason you are getting pissy is that you strongly identify with one political party, so even when something good happens, you find something to get worked up about. The democrats are hypocrites. Shocking. So are republicans. It's the nature of modern politics, and it's sucks.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2011, 07:27:40 PM »
See, you just confirm what I posted before.

A victory for the U.S., and you search out the partisan comments and get yourself worked up.

I don't disagree with you, but do you hold the same view of AtlWarrior's post? 

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2011, 07:59:45 PM »
I don't disagree with you, but do you hold the same view of AtlWarrior's post? 

Not really. 

Obama and his administration should get the appropriate amount of credit, while keeping in mind the previous regime did a lot of leg work as well.

I'm an independent voter, so I have no problem giving credit to both administrations, no matter how polarizing they may be.

My beef in this thread has more to do with people searching for partisan politics, when in reality, this is an issue we all can unite on.

Kum ba ya M.F.er's!

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2011, 08:20:55 PM »
Not really. 

Obama and his administration should get the appropriate amount of credit, while keeping in mind the previous regime did a lot of leg work as well.

I'm an independent voter, so I have no problem giving credit to both administrations, no matter how polarizing they may be.

My beef in this thread has more to do with people searching for partisan politics, when in reality, this is an issue we all can unite on.

Kum ba ya M.F.er's!

So partisan political jabs only bother you one way?  Yeah, real independent there.  Real independent.   ::)

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2011, 09:31:47 PM »
The killing of Osama bin Laden is an occasion for deep reflection. It must become a turning point in our nation's nearly decade-long wars in response to the tragedy of 9/11.  As people of faith, and as Catholics who, only days ago, celebrated Christ's victory over condemnation, torture and death, we pause in this moment in a posture of prayer and repentance. As Christians we are troubled by the displays of celebration and call upon all people of good will to pause and reflect rather than rejoice and exalt. We pray for the victims of that terrible day in September: for their families and loved ones, whose lives were changed forever; we pray for the first responders whose sacrifice and heroism inspired a shocked and grieving nation and who laid down their lives in an effort to save others; and for the countless volunteers who spent weeks amidst the rubble, dust and death at Ground Zero and who continue to suffer serious health effects today. However, we also mourn our nation's misguided response to the events of 9/11, the carnage and mayhem unleashed, the distortion of our deepest values, the abandonment of our highest principles and ultimate subversion of our national character. And so our prayers extend beyond those victims of September 11th and focus also on the hundreds of thousands of innocent lives lost in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and across the globe as a direct result of our response.
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2011, 09:47:31 PM »
I feel like I've had about a million different emotional reactions since this news came across. First it was excitement at the news, then worry over potential backlash, and following that a mix of pride, contemplation, hope, and acknowledgment of the need for vigilance at this time. But today a buddy of mine showed me the picture (or at least one of them) that apparently the government won't release, or at least one of them. And at that point, all I felt was a sense of justice for what that sumbitch did to 343 brothers I never had the chance to know on 9/11/2001.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2011, 10:04:23 PM »
The killing of Osama bin Laden is an occasion for deep reflection. It must become a turning point in our nation's nearly decade-long wars in response to the tragedy of 9/11.  As people of faith, and as Catholics who, only days ago, celebrated Christ's victory over condemnation, torture and death, we pause in this moment in a posture of prayer and repentance. As Christians we are troubled by the displays of celebration and call upon all people of good will to pause and reflect rather than rejoice and exalt. We pray for the victims of that terrible day in September: for their families and loved ones, whose lives were changed forever; we pray for the first responders whose sacrifice and heroism inspired a shocked and grieving nation and who laid down their lives in an effort to save others; and for the countless volunteers who spent weeks amidst the rubble, dust and death at Ground Zero and who continue to suffer serious health effects today. However, we also mourn our nation's misguided response to the events of 9/11, the carnage and mayhem unleashed, the distortion of our deepest values, the abandonment of our highest principles and ultimate subversion of our national character. And so our prayers extend beyond those victims of September 11th and focus also on the hundreds of thousands of innocent lives lost in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and across the globe as a direct result of our response.
  Of all the left wing wussie bin Laden apologist responses I've seen, this one takes the cake!  Nice job, lady.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2011, 10:33:36 PM »
So partisan political jabs only bother you one way?  Yeah, real independent there.  Real independent.   ::)

Hmmm...

Well, I've really only engaged Chico's specifically because it was about 3 posts into this thread that it started to become partisan.

Mac, your point is fair however, so I hate you too, ATL Warrior. Blind partisanship is for suckers.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2011, 10:55:59 PM »

Could not agree with you more...hate both parties...always will.  It's an issue between right and wrong, however.

It's funny, I bring up water boarding and immediately people make it a partisan thing...why?  Plenty of Republicans were against it (McCain, etc) and some Democrats for it....some of you guys went there, not me.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2011, 10:58:50 PM »
However, we also mourn our nation's misguided response to the events of 9/11, the carnage and mayhem unleashed, the distortion of our deepest values, the abandonment of our highest principles and ultimate subversion of our national character. And so our prayers extend beyond those victims of September 11th and focus also on the hundreds of thousands of innocent lives lost in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and across the globe as a direct result of our response.

Afghanistan and Pakistan in particular were havens of peace and prosperity prior to the U.S. response to 9/11.

feedback