[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB Division Series Start Times  (Read 3049 times)

DirtyWaterWarrior

• Walk-On
MLB Division Series Start Times
« on: October 03, 2008, 09:15:06 AM »
Anybody know when MLB/TBS will announce the gametimes for the Sunday games?

This delay is driving me crazy,

WashDCWarrior

• All American
Re: MLB Division Series Start Times
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 09:28:04 AM »
If you're a Brewers, Cubs, White Sox fan, it may not matter.

DirtyWaterWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 10:21:15 AM »
Fortunately, I am not

DirtyWaterWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 10:31:33 AM »
They just posted the time on the Red Sox Site.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 01:38:39 PM »
mlb.com is the official red sox site?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 01:42:33 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 01:58:38 PM »
If you're a Brewers, Cubs, White Sox fan, it may not matter.

Actually, not true. White Sox will play Sunday no matter what.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 05:26:43 PM »
mlb.com is the official red sox site?

Why not... they ARE the Nation!

btw, anyone who is a Red Sox fan.. way to hop on that bandwagon... how bout Nomar! Hes friggen wicked awwwsome.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 06:08:27 PM »
Why not... they ARE the Nation!

btw, anyone who is a Red Sox fan.. way to hop on that bandwagon... how bout Nomar! Hes friggen wicked awwwsome.
Yeah I guess you're right, the Red Sox had ZERO fans until after the 2004 regular season...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 09:47:51 AM »
Yeah I guess you're right, the Red Sox had ZERO fans until after the 2004 regular season...

What I don't get about Red Sox fans is their idea that the Yankees are the "evil empire" and they are somehow the good guys.  David Ortiz is no Luke Skywalker, in fact I would say that the Red Sox are just as bad if not worse then the New York Yankees.

Nothing more annoying then 5 Red Sox fans in an elevator, nothing.

Yes, I get it, there were Red Sox fans before 2004, however since 2004, apparently they became America's team and that if you were not a fan, they instantly were your 2nd favorite team... because they are so lovable.  I don't get it, they spend a crap ton of money, their fans are annoying beyond belief, they have the media on their side calling them the "nation" which may be the worst thing ESPN has done... ever

The thing that bugs me the worst about Red Sox fans, is you ask them how they became Red Sox fans and its a "I dun no" answer.  Who the hell doesn't have an answer on how they became a fan, or is it just the cool thing to be and you don't want to admit that you just follow the groups of people.

^my rant on the Red Sox.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 09:40:42 PM »
What I don't get about Red Sox fans is their idea that the Yankees are the "evil empire" and they are somehow the good guys.  David Ortiz is no Luke Skywalker, in fact I would say that the Red Sox are just as bad if not worse then the New York Yankees.

Nothing more annoying then 5 Red Sox fans in an elevator, nothing.

Yes, I get it, there were Red Sox fans before 2004, however since 2004, apparently they became America's team and that if you were not a fan, they instantly were your 2nd favorite team... because they are so lovable.  I don't get it, they spend a crap ton of money, their fans are annoying beyond belief, they have the media on their side calling them the "nation" which may be the worst thing ESPN has done... ever

The thing that bugs me the worst about Red Sox fans, is you ask them how they became Red Sox fans and its a "I dun no" answer.  Who the hell doesn't have an answer on how they became a fan, or is it just the cool thing to be and you don't want to admit that you just follow the groups of people.

^my rant on the Red Sox.
While some of that is very true, I have an answer for why I became a Red Sox fan.  I was raised one.  My grandparents are from Boston, so my dad was raised rooting for the Celtics, Red Sox, and Patriots.  Since I have been born the Red Sox have always been my second favorite team (behind the Brewers, but VERY close), the Celtics have always been my favorite NBA team (have and will always dislike the Bucks), and the Patriots have always been my 2nd favorite NFL team (far behind the Packers).  My fanhood for all of these teams, but especially the Red Sox, became more intensified after both of my grandparents passed away.

Recently the Red Sox have become like the Yankees in the sense that they spend money to become a power in baseball, but before the turn of the century they were nowhere near as bad as the Yankees.  Plus the Red Sox don't have Steinbrenner's running the team and don't have dumb rules, they can do what they want and do it loosely rather than always having to be "professional" to play a game.

Plus, David Ortiz is a huge Packers fan and married a girl from Wisconsin, he MUST be an awesome guy ;D
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback