[May 02, 2024, 08:58:35 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2014 MLB Thread & Pissing Match  (Read 244113 times)

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
Re: 2014 MLB Thread & Pissing Match
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »
Well, if it's his third failure, Braun gets fired, right?

Actually I think Buzz goes to prison.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2014, 06:35:27 PM »
He's like Ted Williams without roids, Babe Ruth with them...standing ovation...once in a lifetime talent.

How could he be once in a lifetime talent?  He isn't the most talented player in the league right now. 

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2014, 07:37:41 PM »
How could he be once in a lifetime talent?  He isn't the most talented player in the league right now. 

He's up there, but I agree. HOF talent? Absolutely. Once in a lifetime? No.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2014, 07:39:24 PM »
This guy can cycle off roids and hit 3 dingers in a game....no other man has done that.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2014, 09:21:46 PM »
This guy can cycle off roids and hit 3 dingers in a game....no other man has done that.

Also, not to mention that he's a terrible human.  That's got to count for something.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2014, 09:32:42 PM »
Braun has 3 strikeouts and a triple today, in addition to his 3 HR's yesterday.  What is up with #3 and Braun?  It's Brewers are up 9-4 against Philly, looking like they're going to drop another steamer in Philadelphia.  Life is good !!!

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2014, 10:40:30 PM »

Tuffy Rhoades?  Also, he beat drug tests in the past, he could certainly still be on roids.  See, Arod, for example. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 10:43:38 PM by buckchuckler »

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2014, 10:10:59 AM »

Why do we think he's no longer on PED's?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2014, 10:25:41 AM »

Why would anyone think that any professional athlete isn't on some sort of PED?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2014, 10:28:00 AM »

No, I don't think he was a consistent user of PED's, ever.  He was using testosterone to speed recovery up for an injury.  Otherwise, is muscle mass has stayed consistent and he's never jacked an enormous amount of home runs to suggest he has. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2014, 10:35:54 AM »
No, I don't think he was a consistent user of PED's, ever.  He was using testosterone to speed recovery up for an injury.  Otherwise, is muscle mass has stayed consistent and he's never jacked an enormous amount of home runs to suggest he has. 

HAH!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2014, 10:39:14 AM »
HAH!

What would make you suggest otherwise?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2014, 10:45:06 AM »
No, I don't think he was a consistent user of PED's, ever.  He was using testosterone to speed recovery up for an injury.  Otherwise, is muscle mass has stayed consistent and he's never jacked an enormous amount of home runs to suggest he has.  

🏀

• All American
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2014, 10:45:32 AM »
What would make you suggest otherwise?

What makes you suggest that in the first place?

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2014, 11:03:49 AM »
What makes you suggest that in the first place?

For the reasons I stated above.  Plus, I'm willing to bet that his numbers this year echo what he's done in the past.  His name never came up before in any rumors, he's not gargantuan, there isn't a spike in his numbers, he didn't fail any other prior tests ....   

I'm not sure how you can argue that he has been a consistent user.  I asked you, but you were unable to bring up any evidence or a plausible theory. 

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2014, 12:02:48 PM »
I think you are confusing the visible signs of steroids with PED's (not much if any visible signs)

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2014, 12:09:03 PM »
I think you are confusing the visible signs of steroids with PED's (not much if any visible signs)

A steroid is a PED. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2014, 12:21:08 PM »
For the reasons I stated above.  Plus, I'm willing to bet that his numbers this year echo what he's done in the past.  His name never came up before in any rumors, he's not gargantuan, there isn't a spike in his numbers, he didn't fail any other prior tests ....  

I'm not sure how you can argue that he has been a consistent user.  I asked you, but you were unable to bring up any evidence or a plausible theory.  

As Done Deal has pointed out, you are confusing steroids with PEDs.

Why do I think he's been a consistent user? The Union refused to back him or help him. That's your biggest red flag.

Additionally:
He's a liar, and he's story was a one-time excuse. I don't believe proven liars on anything.
He's an egomaniac that will destroy anyone that gets in his way. Like ARod, these guys will do anything to keep playing.
He signed a extremely friendly deal with the Brewers. This was on purpose, no one likes Milwaukee more than truckloads of additional money.
He's never had a huge spike in numbers, which indicates consistent use.
Even if he hits for the same numbers as before, that doesn't prove anything and is an argument of the meathead.

If Braun is clean and only used once, he will have a long prosperous career into his late 30s. If Braun isn't clean he'll either test positive again or he will be out of baseball due to the advanced body breakdown.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2014, 12:21:47 PM »
A steroid is a PED. 

No one uses steroids anymore outside of the Jersey Shore or Venice Beach.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2014, 12:28:31 PM »

If Braun is clean and only used once, he will have a long prosperous career into his late 30s. If Braun isn't clean he'll either test positive again or he will be out of baseball due to the advanced body breakdown.

So you're saying we need at least 5 years to judge...?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »
So you're saying we need at least 5 years to judge...?

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2014, 12:36:48 PM »

Why do I think he's been a consistent user? The Union refused to back him or help him. That's your biggest red flag.

Additionally:
He's a liar, and he's story was a one-time excuse. I don't believe proven liars on anything.
He's an egomaniac that will destroy anyone that gets in his way. Like ARod, these guys will do anything to keep playing.
He signed a extremely friendly deal with the Brewers. This was on purpose, no one likes Milwaukee more than truckloads of additional money.What does his deal have anything to do with PED's?   What hairbrained theory do you have behind this?
He's been tested repeatedly which would indicate he hasn't consistently used.
Even if he hits for the same numbers as before, that doesn't prove anything and is an argument of the meathead.
The above statement adds nothing to your argument except that it proves you're basing everything on conjecture in your made up fantasy world.  Perhaps you should pop open a Schmidt's Gay and cool off, hombre'

How do you know his career will last that long?  What if he gets hurt?  Ohhhh, that means it was because of elevated levels of testosterone.  Do you even know what testosterone does?  

🏀

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2014, 12:45:40 PM »
Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about.

Brush up on the subject and come back later.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2014, 12:45:59 PM »

Additionally:
He signed a extremely friendly deal with the Brewers. This was on purpose, no one likes Milwaukee more than truckloads of additional money.

I'm not defending Braun here (nor will I ever again), but I'm having trouble following your argument here.  Maybe if you could define "consistent use" (i.e. frequency and duration) that might help...

The guy is one step away from being banned from baseball, and having the remainder of his contract voided as a result; one more positive test will cost him over $100M.  Even if everything you said is true, I don't see how anyone could be that type of stupid.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

brandx

« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2014, 12:48:54 PM »
MikeDeane: He's been tested repeatedly which would indicate he hasn't consistently used.

Ah.. this is the crux of the problem. You don't understand the PEDs or masking agents that players take now at all.