[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Miller Park?  (Read 15816 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Miller Park?
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 11:19:29 AM »
There is a Hilton and a Marriot in downtown.

where do you suggest these new hotels build?  knock down old buildings?  the valley?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 11:31:56 AM »
There is a Hilton and a Marriot in downtown.

where do you suggest these new hotels build?  knock down old buildings?  the valley?

I just pointed out the differences in number of hotel rooms in Indy vs. Milwaukee as the explanation why a Regional or Final Four is unlikely.  I am not suggesting that hotel chains build more -- in fact, I have suggested that they probably won't because the year-round demand simply isn't there.

But if Milwaukee ever could demonstrate the demand, you can bet that Marriott and Hilton would figure out where to put the hotels.  Every time I go to New York or Chicago, I am amazed at where I see new hotels going up.  If they can find room in those cities, they surely could in Milwaukee.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 11:32:48 AM »
good point, buy some building, knock it down, put up hotel. :-P

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 11:37:09 AM »
The Park East corridor is ripe for hotel building.  The banks won't lend the money to developers right now because the developers can't convince the banks that there is a shortage of hotel rooms in town.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

LON

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 11:46:03 AM »
good point, buy some building, knock it down, put up hotel. :-P

Step 1, get a box.
Step 2, cut hole in box.
Step 3, ...

Oh, this isn't relevant?  My bad

🏀

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 03:50:30 PM »
Step 1, get a box.
Step 2, cut hole in box.
Step 3, ...

Oh, this isn't relevant?  My bad

Step 4: Profit.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2009, 12:12:43 PM »
I'm going to hijack this thread with a tangential Miller Park question:

I'm coming up to MKE in a couple of weeks for the White Sox vs. Brewers series. I'm going to pick up some tickets on StubHub. There are some decent values, it seems, but I don't know where to sit where I would have the most fun.

Bleachers? Worth the $50? Or should I spend $65-70 and sit somewhere else. I have little interest in sitting "up top". I'd appreciate any advice from you locals.

http://www.stubhub.com/milwaukee-brewers-tickets/brewers-vs-white-sox-6-13-2009-721031/
We Are Marquette

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 12:23:46 PM »
The Loge and Club levels in the infield areas are pretty good values (good view).  The Right field bleachers, Loge level (200's) are the most fun, especially on the weekends.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 12:26:06 PM »

I'm coming up to MKE in a couple of weeks for the White Sox vs. Brewers series. I'm going to pick up some tickets on StubHub. There are some decent values, it seems, but I don't know where to sit where I would have the most fun.

Bleachers? Worth the $50? Or should I spend $65-70 and sit somewhere else. I have little interest in sitting "up top". I'd appreciate any advice from you locals.

http://www.stubhub.com/milwaukee-brewers-tickets/brewers-vs-white-sox-6-13-2009-721031/

As a 28 year old rolling with a big group of friends the bleachers are the most fun for a drink-fest where you have little chance of ruining a little kid's childhood.

Anywhere else in the stadium is great, imo.  Great sight lines no matter where you're sitting.

I don't expect the Brewers v White Sox series to be quite as bad as a Cubs series, but if you're at all worried about havoc being caused by people other than yourselves then I'd avoid the bleachers.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 12:55:57 PM »
I don't expect the Brewers v White Sox series to be quite as bad as a Cubs series, but if you're at all worried about havoc being caused by people other than yourselves then I'd avoid the bleachers.

I trust that the Brewers fans know that while you can hassle yuppie, North Side Cubs fans, messing with South Side Sox fans is done at your own peril.
We Are Marquette

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 12:58:49 PM »
I trust that the Brewers fans know that while you can hassle yuppie, North Side Cubs fans, messing with South Side Sox fans is done at your own peril.

I doubt you'd get hassled too much.  I was referring to the amount of drunkedness, standing up during odd parts of the game, walking in and out of the isle, spilling food/beer, yelling and vulgarity that you may come across.

I think that most of the Midwest knows better than to intentionally badger a south-sider :p

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 01:29:24 PM »
Avenue, if you don't go in there with a chip on your shoulder, you will be respected.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2009, 01:46:04 PM »
Avenue, if you don't go in there with a chip on your shoulder, you will be respected.

The only place I have a chip on my shoulder is Wrigley Field. I like the Brew Crew, no problems with them or their fans at all. If you think about it we have a natural alliance in our hatred of the Cubs.
We Are Marquette

bma725

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2009, 02:18:59 PM »
The only place I have a chip on my shoulder is Wrigley Field. I like the Brew Crew, no problems with them or their fans at all. If you think about it we have a natural alliance in our hatred of the Cubs.

Perhaps, but Brewers fans spent a couple decades hating the White Sox before hating the Cubs.  In fact the Brewers-Cubs seems kind of small time compared to the old days when Phil Garner tried to fight Harrelson and Paciorek in the parking lot.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2009, 02:25:12 PM »
Perhaps, but Brewers fans spent a couple decades hating the White Sox before hating the Cubs.  In fact the Brewers-Cubs seems kind of small time compared to the old days when Phil Garner tried to fight Harrelson and Paciorek in the parking lot.

Great point. Wasn't there some huge brawl between the two teams? Maybe I'm thinking of Sox vs. Tigers.

Still, the switch the NL by the Brewers really took the steam out of the rivalry. I always thought of MKE as more of an American League team anyways. Except for the Cubs (who split Chicago with the WS) the "Great Lakes" teams are AL teams.

It's too bad. It made a lot more sense to the have the AL Central align with the NFC Central: Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit, Wisconsin and throw in Cleveland and KC for good measure. It made for more natural rivalries.

Edit: I was thinking about this. Milwaukee Brewers should have stayed in the AL and the KC Royals should have gone to the NL. That way the Royals and the STL Cardinals could create a Missouri rivalry. I sure Selig had something to do with this. It makes a ton of sense. Milwaukee vs. Minnesota, Chicago, and Detroit is way more interesting that MKE vs. Cincinnati, Houston, St. Louis, etc. It's a shame.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 04:52:48 PM by Avenue Commons »
We Are Marquette

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2009, 02:38:39 PM »

With your avatar I'd be remiss if I didn't alert you to the fact that it is, in fact, frowned upon to make your way onto the field at any point during a game.  This remains true even if you're a relative of someone playing for either the home or away team :p

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2009, 02:49:01 PM »
With your avatarteam allegiance I'd be remiss if I didn't alert you to the fact that it is, in fact, frowned upon to make your way onto the field at any point during a game.  This remains true even if you're a relative of someone playing for either the home or away team :p you disagree with some of the decisions made by a coach you are crazy

Ligue'd

A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2009, 03:02:55 PM »
Yeah, Sox fan...that's why I tried suggesting 2nd and 3rd deck seating... ;)

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2009, 03:07:23 PM »
Ligue'd

I ain't crazy. I'm just South Side white trash with a good education. The only thing separating me and William Ligue, Jr. is my MU degree, a meth habit, and a few tattoos. Other than that, we're pretty much the same dude.  
We Are Marquette

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2009, 03:25:52 PM »
IS this the guy that attacked the KC 1st base coach along with his son?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2009, 04:49:56 PM »
IS this the guy that attacked the KC 1st base coach along with his son?

Yes, William Ligue, Jr. I believe he is in prison now for some other low end nonsense.

Tom Samboa (?) I think was the name of the first base coach. The whole thing was very horrible on many fronts. Fortunately Paul Konerko stepped in and kept it from getting worse. Ligue had a knife on his belt. He apparently was hopped up on drugs and free drinks he somehow got. According to him, he wasn't even a White Sox fan, he just got free tickets with some group and brought his kid and they got drunk together. Horribly embarassing for the White Sox and the South Side as a whole, as evidenced by the fact we are discussing it 7 years later.

The only good that came out of it is that it changed security policies at ball parks throughout the country to be more vigilant for fans coming out of the stands.
We Are Marquette

reinko

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2009, 05:13:47 PM »
Yes, William Ligue, Jr. I believe he is in prison now for some other low end nonsense.

The only good that came out of it is that it changed security policies at ball parks throughout the country to be more vigilant for fans coming out of the stands.

I guess the Dunkin Donuts Center was out sick that day this covered.

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2009, 07:35:12 PM »

No need to go to StubHub for tickets.  Plenty available via Brewer web site.  You will feel right at home watching the Sox with plenty of empty seats around.  Comiskey North.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2009, 09:21:08 PM »
No need to go to StubHub for tickets.  Plenty available via Brewer web site.  You will feel right at home watching the Sox with plenty of empty seats around.  Comiskey North.

Really?  Have you tried to get tickets for that series?  Wrongo on getting them from the brewers.com site, unless you want to drop $195.00 per.
Ludum habemus.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2009, 09:37:23 PM »
Try www.fansnap.com

Best ticket website out there.

feedback