collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Pokemon Cards  (Read 6039 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Pokemon Cards
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2018, 08:24:02 AM »
If I knew then...I used to play Magic: The Gathering and had what was referred to as the Power Ten, ten of the most powerful cards in the game that had been discontinued. I thought I did well when I sold them in the 1990s for over $1,000.

Now even the cheapest of those 10 cards goes for $1,000 individually and the full set I had is worth over $20,000.

That's how I feel about some of the Pokémon cards I have from my youth. I let their condition go to hell back then and looking what some of the mint condition cards go for physically hurts me
Maigh Eo for Sam

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2018, 10:07:44 AM »
My freshman year, '65, was the last season the Braves played in Milwaukee and announced there were moving to Atlanta. To say the least the entire town pretty much boycotted the team that September even though they were in the thick of the pennant race. Their last 3 games were against the Dodgers at County Stadium and my room mate was from California so we went and we got tickets right behind the Dodger dugout. My room mate was beside himself as we both got autographed baseballs from Don Drysdale and Sandy Koufax. I gave mine to my cousin as a Christmas present as he too was an avid Dodger fan. The last time I asked him he thought he could get about 500 for each ball.

The Dodgers clinched their pennant at that game and then went on to win the WS against the Twins that year.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2018, 10:33:02 AM »
If I knew then...I used to play Magic: The Gathering and had what was referred to as the Power Ten, ten of the most powerful cards in the game that had been discontinued. I thought I did well when I sold them in the 1990s for over $1,000.

Now even the cheapest of those 10 cards goes for $1,000 individually and the full set I had is worth over $20,000.

I've probably got some red mana cards laying around somewhere I could sell you if interested.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2018, 11:41:15 AM »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2018, 01:15:08 PM »
I had about 75 of these bad boys:

One of the greatest baseball cards of all time.

This is the greatest of all time
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2018, 08:41:00 PM »
This is the greatest of all time

Sadly, that is probably his most “handsome” card pic of his career.