[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Jolly arrested again on drug charges  (Read 5980 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:39:57 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
Re: Doug Jolly arrested again on drug charges
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 04:35:32 PM »
Johnny Jolly

DOUG JollEy went to BYU, is a tight end in the NFL. Probably a better record than Johnny
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Jolley

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »
What a dumbass.  (Jolly...not Chicos.)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 07:39:48 PM »
Johnny Jolly

DOUG JollEy went to BYU, is a tight end in the NFL. Probably a better record than Johnny
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Jolley

Sorry

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Jolly arrested again on drug charges
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 08:47:46 PM »
who cares, a non factor last year, and wasn't going to play for GB again.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 09:07:30 PM »
Maybe he can pawn his Super Bowl ring for some bail money?  go pakc go
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 09:13:43 PM »
Maybe he can pawn his Super Bowl ring for some bail money?  go pakc go

At least he's got one ;)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 09:27:50 PM »
Does he have one?  He was on NFL suspension for all of last year.  That's why he was a "non-factor."

And actually, if he behaved he was going to compete for the DE position that Cullen Jenkins is likely going to vacate since he will be lost to free agency.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 09:38:19 PM »
Does he have one?  He was on NFL suspension for all of last year.  That's why he was a "non-factor."

And actually, if he behaved he was going to compete for the DE position that Cullen Jenkins is likely going to vacate since he will be lost to free agency.

I don't even know if he has one actually.  Just pointing out that the Queens have none, the Packers do.

And yes, this is a dumb ass move.  Big time loss for the Packers.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 09:42:06 PM »
I don't even know if he has one actually.  Just pointing out that the Queens have none, the Packers do.

And yes, this is a dumb ass move.  Big time loss for the Packers.

Big time loss?  Right because he was a big part of that super bowl team watching from home.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 09:55:50 PM »
Big time loss?  Right because he was a big part of that super bowl team watching from home.

Right, because we'll have Cullen Jenkins next year too.  Oh wait, he's leaving.  So Jolly coming back would have been perfect, filling right in for him.  Now without him there is a HUGE hole.  You almost had me though.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 10:10:32 PM »
Right, because we'll have Cullen Jenkins next year too.  Oh wait, he's leaving.  So Jolly coming back would have been perfect, filling right in for him.  Now without him there is a HUGE hole.  You almost had me though.

Cant lose something you didnt have. Mike Neal should be back along with Wynn and Green. most people feel Neal will be a great player. Jenkins has been frequently injured, he missed the last few games of the regular season and they seemed to be ok without him.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 10:14:31 PM »
Cant lose something you didnt have. Mike Neal should be back along with Wynn and Green. most people feel Neal will be a great player. Jenkins has been frequently injured, he missed the last few games of the regular season and they seemed to be ok without him.

I hope you are right.  I just think Jolly would've helped the defensive line a LOT with the loss of Jenkins, but now that is obviously not going to happen.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 10:18:38 PM »
I hope you are right.  I just think Jolly would've helped the defensive line a LOT with the loss of Jenkins, but now that is obviously not going to happen.

Right, would have been awesome to have him for depth, but he is obviously a bad guy. I think he is done. The point is they would have been better with him but they wont be any worse without him

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 03:38:56 PM »
We have been talking about Jolly in our Houston neighborhood, and we all feel quite guilty.

We all donated our cough syrup to this Jolly big guy going his door to door  with his campaign--

"Stop the Coughing" donate to "Jolly's Codeine for Kids"

....none of us knew...he seemed so nice, so extremely laid back...none of us knew.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 05:57:35 PM »
Are you kidding me? You don't think it would be a big loss if we lose Finley? We didn't have him the second half of last year, but he is huge for us next year. The Packers said recently that he was expected to be in the fold with a D-line that just lost Jenkins. This is a big loss. Not saying it will doom our season, but we basically lose a borderline starter before the season starts.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 06:50:46 AM »
Are you kidding me? You don't think it would be a big loss if we lose Finley? We didn't have him the second half of last year, but he is huge for us next year. The Packers said recently that he was expected to be in the fold with a D-line that just lost Jenkins. This is a big loss. Not saying it will doom our season, but we basically lose a borderline starter before the season starts.

What does finley have to do with it? Two totally diiferent players, with different ceilings, at different positions. Like I said you can't lose something you didn't have. Thats like saying "Not having Julis Peppers next year is a big loss"  No its not we didn't have him.

Yes it would have been nice to have Jolly, but they did better than ok last year with both him and Jenkins out of the line up. With Neal returning, I think they will be just fine.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 08:48:39 AM »
What does finley have to do with it? Two totally diiferent players, with different ceilings, at different positions. Like I said you can't lose something you didn't have. Thats like saying "Not having Julis Peppers next year is a big loss"  No its not we didn't have him.

Yes it would have been nice to have Jolly, but they did better than ok last year with both him and Jenkins out of the line up. With Neal returning, I think they will be just fine.
My point is we didn't really have Finley last year, either. Don't you think it would hurt the 2011-2012 Packers if we lost him? And I think you are underrating Jolly. He showed a lot of potential and we are hurting for depth with an aging Pickett and a loss of a pro-bowler.

Then again it wouldn't hurt the Brewers if they lost Greinke...  ::)

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 09:00:50 AM »

Not anymore. Here's one instance where I could see Thompson ponying up for an injury prone DE on the wrong side of 30. Either that, or we draft JJ Watt or Cameron Heyward. Jolly was a much better player than people give him credit for. I believe he led the league in passes batted down by a defensive lineman in 2009. Good pass rusher. It's a shame he can't keep his head on straight.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 09:01:53 AM »
Like I said you can't lose something you didn't have. Thats like saying "Not having Julis Peppers next year is a big loss"  No its not we didn't have him.
Peppers is under contract for the Bears. Jolly was undercontract for the Packers and is a young, athletic lineman expected to contribute this year.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 09:14:42 AM »
My point is we didn't really have Finley last year, either. Don't you think it would hurt the 2011-2012 Packers if we lost him? And I think you are underrating Jolly. He showed a lot of potential and we are hurting for depth with an aging Pickett and a loss of a pro-bowler.

Then again it wouldn't hurt the Brewers if they lost Greinke...  ::)

Would the packers would be better with Jolly playing and playing like he did prior to his suspension.  Hell Yes. Are the Packers worse with out him.  NO. 

You are also assuming that he would play at the same level. He had one good season and has been out a year taking codeine from houwarriors donations.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 08:21:59 PM »
Must be trumped up charges. I don't believe he is the kind of person to be involved in such activities. Seriously, what are the odds of being railroaded on same offense twice in lifetime. Some guys just have bad luck.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 08:46:28 PM »
Must be trumped up charges. I don't believe he is the kind of person to be involved in such activities. Seriously, what are the odds of being railroaded on same offense twice in lifetime. Some guys just have bad luck.
Trumped up? Railroaded? Read the article, and tell me you meant to use teal, and were attempting sarcasm.

HOUSTON -- Troubled Green Bay Packers defensive lineman Johnny Jolly has been arrested on another drug charge in Houston.
Houston police spokesman Victor Senties said Jolly was pulled over about 12:45 a.m. Friday. Senties said officers discovered a bottle containing 600 grams of codeine under the passenger's seat and another bottle with an unidentified substance in the driver's side door.
Jolly was charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
Senties said the former Houston high school star gave the arresting officers a state identification card instead of a driver's license. After a background check, police discovered Jolly's license had been suspended in 2007 and was ineligible for renewal.
Jolly was suspended by the NFL without pay for all of last season for violating the league's substance abuse policy. The ban stemmed from a separate drug arrest.
In July 2008, Jolly was arrested in Houston for possession of at least 200 grams of codeine, a second-degree felony.
Jolly could've faced up to 20 years in prison. But he was given pretrial diversion, a form of probation that would've had the charge against him dismissed if he didn't break the law over the next year. Part of the sentence was 160 hours of community service, which included 10 speaking engagements where he was supposed to talk to children and others about the dangers of drug use.

It was unclear how the latest charge would affect Jolly's probation. A call to attorney Michelle Beck, who was representing Jolly last year, was not immediately returned.

The 6-foot-3, 325-pound Jolly started all 16 games for Green Bay in 2008 and '09. Without him, the Packers won the Super Bowl last season.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 09:41:19 PM »
Trumped up? Railroaded? Read the article, and tell me you meant to use teal, and were attempting sarcasm.

HOUSTON -- Troubled Green Bay Packers defensive lineman Johnny Jolly has been arrested on another drug charge in Houston.
Houston police spokesman Victor Senties said Jolly was pulled over about 12:45 a.m. Friday. Senties said officers discovered a bottle containing 600 grams of codeine under the passenger's seat and another bottle with an unidentified substance in the driver's side door.
Jolly was charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
Senties said the former Houston high school star gave the arresting officers a state identification card instead of a driver's license. After a background check, police discovered Jolly's license had been suspended in 2007 and was ineligible for renewal.
Jolly was suspended by the NFL without pay for all of last season for violating the league's substance abuse policy. The ban stemmed from a separate drug arrest.
In July 2008, Jolly was arrested in Houston for possession of at least 200 grams of codeine, a second-degree felony.
Jolly could've faced up to 20 years in prison. But he was given pretrial diversion, a form of probation that would've had the charge against him dismissed if he didn't break the law over the next year. Part of the sentence was 160 hours of community service, which included 10 speaking engagements where he was supposed to talk to children and others about the dangers of drug use.

It was unclear how the latest charge would affect Jolly's probation. A call to attorney Michelle Beck, who was representing Jolly last year, was not immediately returned.

The 6-foot-3, 325-pound Jolly started all 16 games for Green Bay in 2008 and '09. Without him, the Packers won the Super Bowl last season.

I think that Goose chose not to use teal because the sarcasm was so thick.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2011, 03:23:24 AM »
hard---It could have been in teal. Still learning the ropes here.

feedback