'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kostas Antetokounmpo  (Read 83350 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Kostas Antetokounmpo
« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2018, 04:26:47 PM »
No surprise going pro and doing the camp. You can come back now. I also won't be surprised if Hauser and Howard do that.

Highly doubtful Hauser will put off having surgery for another month to simply hear he isn't ready for the NBA and come back to MU.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2018, 04:27:29 PM »
Where does it say that? In the article it says he has the option of returning.
In an article in the Dayton News, it’s reported that he has already withdrawn from school.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2018, 04:34:26 PM »
Where does it say that? In the article it says he has the option of returning.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/three-more-players-leaving-dayton-basketball-program/Ezjn4WO4VxLwAks1UtQiBL/

"The University of Dayton basketball team has lost three more players, including 6-foot-10 redshirt freshmen Kostas Antetokounmpo, who has already withdrawn from school."

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #203 on: March 22, 2018, 04:35:26 PM »
Reminder to those trying to make fun of Mr. Cain. Although it's too late already, try not to disparage the brother of a top 5 NBA player and also a potential 2020 recruit.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #204 on: March 22, 2018, 04:40:14 PM »
Must have realized he was in Dayton.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #205 on: March 22, 2018, 04:40:46 PM »

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2018, 05:30:09 PM »
Phew.   MU dodged a bullet there.

Why?  We we never filled Wally's scholarship after he was cut.  That became Froling.  Better prospect? 

Think the choice automatically stays the same if Kostas is living in his adopted hometown where his brother/parents live?

This was not a case of dodging a bullet.  Kostas is exactly the type of recruit you take a flyer on - hell we did it with Ike - and he doesn't even have the lineage...and wasn't local.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #207 on: March 22, 2018, 05:40:18 PM »

Why?  We we never filled Wally's scholarship after he was cut.  That became Froling.  Better prospect? 

At the time the decision was made, most people - not just Wojo - thought Froling was the better prospect.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #208 on: March 22, 2018, 06:13:21 PM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #209 on: March 22, 2018, 06:49:07 PM »

Think the choice automatically stays the same if Kostas is living in his adopted hometown where his brother/parents live?

This was not a case of dodging a bullet.  Kostas is exactly the type of recruit you take a flyer on - hell we did it with Ike - and he doesn't even have the lineage...and wasn't local.

Personally, I didn't want the drama of superstar's little brother sitting on the bench collecting splinters in his bum. We already went through that once. I'm happy Kostas found the two year stop off that he was looking for.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2018, 06:54:27 PM »
Personally, I didn't want the drama of superstar's little brother sitting on the bench collecting splinters in his bum. We already went through that once. I'm happy Kostas found the two year stop off that he was looking for.

See: LiAngelo, UCLA
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #211 on: March 23, 2018, 01:21:26 AM »
My sense is he doesn’t want to go to classes any more . He also had a tough nosed coach at Dayton who was honest with him which was probably hard for Kostas to accept. My sense is he is looking for a team to pick him up and put him in G league in hopes of signing big brother someday.

Clearly Kostas would be better off staying in school and becoming more consistent as a player. Kid has to pay his dues and be enthusiastic about that process in order to grow and realize on his potential.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #212 on: March 23, 2018, 02:31:15 PM »
My guess is he follows his oldest brother, Thanasis, over to Greece and plays there.  I imagine that if Thasasis is playing there the family got their Greek citizenship, or at least became documented.  The family was undocumented when they followed Giannis to the US.  The whole family, particularly the kids, went through hell thanks to the Golden Dawn and other far right, nationalist organizations in Greece.

Plus, the coach who recruited him at Dayton is no longer there.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2018, 02:41:19 PM »
This was not a case of dodging a bullet. 

Tell that to Dayton's APR score. Just took a hit, bud.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #214 on: July 13, 2018, 08:05:52 PM »
Bless me father for I have sinned:

Matt Velazquez@Matt_Velazquez
Matt Velazquez Retweeted Marc Stein
Sounds like the right fit for Kostas, who said at the combine that he knew he still had more development to do.

Marc Stein@TheSteinLine
The Mavericks have signed No. 60 overall pick Kostas Antetokounmpo to a two-way contract
5:26 PM - 13 Jul 2018
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 08:16:25 PM by VegasWarrior77 »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #216 on: July 13, 2018, 08:37:57 PM »
Bless me father for I have sinned:

Matt Velazquez@Matt_Velazquez
Matt Velazquez Retweeted Marc Stein
Sounds like the right fit for Kostas, who said at the combine that he knew he still had more development to do.

Marc Stein@TheSteinLine
The Mavericks have signed No. 60 overall pick Kostas Antetokounmpo to a two-way contract
5:26 PM - 13 Jul 2018
Hoping to get Giannis.  Kostas is no freak.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #217 on: July 13, 2018, 10:20:39 PM »
Hoping to get Giannis.  Kostas is no freak.

They signed Kostas hoping to get Giannis...in three years???

MU82

• All American
« Reply #218 on: July 13, 2018, 11:19:13 PM »
The Hornets signed Mangok Mathiang to a two-way contract last season. He sucks.

Two-way contracts don't mean much.

Wake me when Kostas (or anybody else) makes an actual roster for an actual season.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2018, 12:08:44 AM »

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #220 on: October 26, 2018, 11:37:34 AM »
Kostas looking like a great prospect for the Mavs.  The exact kind of player you take a flier on with the 60th pick in the draft.  Was quite odd to read all of the negativity associated with Kostas as we didn't kick the tires on offering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3vaNU4tu1s

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #221 on: October 26, 2018, 11:43:50 AM »
Kostas looking like a great prospect for the Mavs.  The exact kind of player you take a flier on with the 60th pick in the draft.  Was quite odd to read all of the negativity associated with Kostas as we didn't kick the tires on offering.

NBA team picking up a prospect that could be good in a couple years is different than a college offering him, when in hindsight, he was only ever going to spend one year in school.  Smart move to stay away.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #222 on: October 26, 2018, 11:45:09 AM »

8 points on 4 dunks and 2 rebounds against the powerhouse that is the Beijing Ducks.  You have always liked your dunks.  Reminds you of your old self.

Looks like a guy with long arms and...well, long arms.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #223 on: October 26, 2018, 11:46:47 AM »

What's odd about it?  There was a reason major suitors fell off.  There was a reason he sat out a year before playing at Dayton.  There was likely a reason that he left Dayton after playing one, relatively OK year there.

He would have been a waste of a scholarship at MU.  I'm sure the people at Dayton are wondering what that was all about at this point.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #224 on: October 26, 2018, 11:57:46 AM »