[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[May 05, 2024, 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Warning to the Olympians  (Read 3571 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Warning to the Olympians
« on: July 21, 2021, 04:23:44 PM »
There is apparently a bear on the loose at the softball complex in Tokyo.   My hope is the bear will not be harmed first and foremost.  My suggestion would be to perhaps cancel the event and maybe the entire Olympics.  If the bear gets angry, and takes out a few folks in the area or Oly village,  it will be understandable and not his/her fault.  :)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Warning to the Olympians
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 05:15:49 PM »
Have some patience, FFS.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 05:22:49 PM »
There is apparently a bear on the loose at the softball complex in Tokyo.   My hope is the bear will not be harmed first and foremost. My suggestion would be to perhaps cancel the event and maybe the entire Olympics. If the bear gets angry, and takes out a few folks in the area or Oly village,  it will be understandable and not his/her fault.  :)

Let's be glad your suggestions are unlikely to gain any traction.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 05:40:35 PM »
There is apparently a bear on the loose at the softball complex in Tokyo.   My hope is the bear will not be harmed first and foremost.  My suggestion would be to perhaps cancel the event and maybe the entire Olympics.  If the bear gets angry, and takes out a few folks in the area or Oly village,  it will be understandable and not his/her fault.  :)
Hopefully they will get the Bear safely away from the people.

We had a Corporate Event once in the Smoky Mountains and we made the mistake of having an outdoor cocktail event. A Bear invaded our event and people ran just like people ran from Dewie The Bear  in the Semi Pro movie with Will Farrell. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZF89hffCgA
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 06:00:12 PM »
Hopefully they will get the Bear safely away from the people.

We had a Corporate Event once in the Smoky Mountains and we made the mistake of having an outdoor cocktail event. A Bear invaded our event and people ran just like people ran from Dewie The Bear  in the Semi Pro movie with Will Farrell. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZF89hffCgA

I’ve come across bear on several trails in the Smokies. They have no interest in humans.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 06:15:40 PM »
There are several bear people Jockey.  I believe one guy has a half a dozen Grizzlies and another man has an 1800 lb polar bear that he swims with every day. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 06:45:04 PM »
I can't do this story justice, but a friend of mine went to the Smoky Mountains and .. he was in his cabin and saw his car bouncing around.  He thought some kids were in it, fooling around.  He investigated to find .. a bear was in the back seat, with all doors shut.

He eventually called police who .. opened the door and dashed to safety.  Bear got out .. but his rental car was trashed.  He called his auto insurance to find .. no coverage for that insanity.

He ended up buying a carpet vac and shampooing out the bear piss, glued some of the vinyl seats/door panel things together and returned the car.   He got away with it.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 07:16:23 PM »
I can't do this story justice, but a friend of mine went to the Smoky Mountains and .. he was in his cabin and saw his car bouncing around.  He thought some kids were in it, fooling around.  He investigated to find .. a bear was in the back seat, with all doors shut.

He eventually called police who .. opened the door and dashed to safety.  Bear got out .. but his rental car was trashed.  He called his auto insurance to find .. no coverage for that insanity.

He ended up buying a carpet vac and shampooing out the bear piss, glued some of the vinyl seats/door panel things together and returned the car.   He got away with it.

That should have been covered.  No exclusions for bears in most insurance policies. 

My insurance company will exclude walrusi, those basterds are crazy.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 07:22:28 PM »
That should have been covered.  No exclusions for bears in most insurance policies. 

Excuse me?  Do not disparage Walruses Ziggy.  They are not crazy although they never get full.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 07:37:08 PM »
I would have thought this would have been about COVID or the Swedish women's soccer team.   But OK.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2021, 07:51:51 PM »
I would have thought this would have been about COVID or the Swedish women's soccer team.   But OK.

I think the Summer Olympics jumped the shark decades ago Tower.  Unless they allow all animal species to compete.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2021, 08:11:40 PM »
boxers or briefs
don't...don't don't don't don't

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2021, 08:46:09 PM »
I think the Summer Olympics jumped the shark decades ago Tower.
Shark jumping was an Olympic Sport until 1952 until it, well, jumped the shark.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2021, 09:03:26 PM »
Think there is a little less allure this year for two reasons.  No matter what an athlete does, they're not going to be the primary story of the Olympics (unless they do something wild, by going full Lochte) and with it as difficult to watch events live compared to 5 years ago, or in 3 years, there is just naturally going be less viewership in the west.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2021, 09:04:37 PM »
The Biathlon athletes were called in to start their trials early. Problem solved

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2021, 10:14:10 PM »

I was thinking Norwegian women's handball.

Women’s handball players are fined for rejecting bikini uniforms
https://twitter.com/i/events/1417605578764034049

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2021, 11:36:26 PM »
Bears can smell the menstruation
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2021, 06:56:21 AM »

Let the bears pay the bear tax I pay the Homer tax!

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2021, 07:38:33 AM »

Just ask that walrus that ended up in England.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2021, 10:22:33 AM »
I was thinking Norwegian women's handball.

Women’s handball players are fined for rejecting bikini uniforms
https://twitter.com/i/events/1417605578764034049

TIL Beach Handball was a sport.

Handball is extremely underrated but I had no idea there was a beach version

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2021, 10:39:16 AM »
Just ask that walrus that ended up in England.

This young Walrus is having a tough time getting back home.  After Ireland he spent a few mos in England, hopped over to France and then Spain.  He's tried to board yachts but has been obviously unsuccessful.  He really needs to get to Greenlandic waters.   It's a tough situation, I'm not sure how he will survive. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2021, 01:09:26 PM »
This young Walrus is having a tough time getting back home.  After Ireland he spent a few mos in England, hopped over to France and then Spain.  He's tried to board yachts but has been obviously unsuccessful.  He really needs to get to Greenlandic waters.   It's a tough situation, I'm not sure how he will survive.

Sounds like a gap year, hey?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2021, 01:11:47 PM »
That bear will pair well with sake.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2021, 01:57:00 PM »
I watched a video of bears in the parking lot of a park somewhere out West. They knew that cars sometimes have food stored in them and also knew how to easily get inside cars with the windows rolled all the way up. They used their claws to peel back the window frame like a can of sardines and crawled in. I don't remember how many cars they trashed but it was quite a sight.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2021, 02:09:38 PM »

I guess it wasn't those Charmin Bears.

feedback