[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Warriors gear  (Read 2707 times)

JD

• All American
Warriors gear
« on: December 11, 2016, 10:18:46 PM »
Hello fellow scoopers,

I wanted to get everyone's opinion on this shirt my fiancé made me.  Long story short, one of my close friends has a daughter who is very sick, and I was thinking maybe I could sell some of these shirts outside the Bradley center and help him out. 

The logo is small, so that would be bigger. I also think I'd put a quote by Al on the back of the shirt.

"If winning weren't important nobody would keep score"

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 10:24:20 PM by JD »
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Warriors gear
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 10:29:31 PM »
Hello fellow scoopers,

I wanted to get everyone's opinion on this shirt my fiancé made me.  Long story short, one of my close friends has a daughter who is very sick, and I was thinking maybe I could sell some of these shirts outside the Bradley center and help him out. 

The logo is small, so that would be bigger. I also think I'd put a quote by Al on the back of the shirt.

"If winning weren't important nobody would keep score"

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks!

Could you/she remake the "Chief Crowder" shirt? Even though he obviously no longer plays here, those might be the coolest shirts ever made.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JD

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 11:14:28 PM »
Could you/she remake the "Chief Crowder" shirt? Even though he obviously no longer plays here, those might be the coolest shirts ever made.

She just showed me the chief crowder shirts. Definitely bada**. 

She could make those as well
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:05:16 AM by JD »
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 11:07:20 PM »
I'd buy a warrior one.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 12:44:07 AM »
Here's my honest advice....

Selling t-shirts for a profit is hard, unless you dedicate a lot of time to it.   Inventory (what sizes), shipping (are you going to sell online if they don't sell outside the BC), and competition (online sales have competition, MKE police might not like you selling without a vendor license) are a problem.  Even then, if you're lucky, you'll make like $5 per shirt, after hundred or so of investment (read: risk).

Better option - Just set up a GoFundMe page, seed it with the $50-100 you'd sink into the shirts, share the link here with a heartwarming story, and the generosity of the holiday season will probably get the family more than your t-shirt sales.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 12:13:57 PM »
If I were inclined to buy a Warrior shirt (not saying I'm not), I wouldn't buy one from some guy standing outside the BC.

I like Rocky's suggestion better, but with a twist... anyone who donates more than $X gets a free t-shirt.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 05:43:09 PM »
If I were inclined to buy a Warrior shirt (not saying I'm not), I wouldn't buy one from some guy standing outside the BC.

I like Rocky's suggestion better, but with a twist... anyone who donates more than $X gets a free t-shirt.

Not to mention that Marquette is reasonably aggressive in protecting its trademarks. You don't want to be hawking these tees right where their in-house counsel walks past on the way to the game.
Have some patience, FFS.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 11:35:57 AM »
I believe no one currently owns the Warrior trademark.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 01:04:12 PM »

That may be true (I don't know one way or the other), but do know that within the last decade that both Sweeney's and Walgreen's has tried to sell Warrior merchandise, and they had to stop.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 01:12:40 PM »

As I understand it, from a legal standpoint using the Warrior is OK.  Combining it with the word "Marquette" is not so OK.

(I would say it with more certainty, but we all know there's really not much certainty when it comes to legality)

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2016, 01:17:11 PM »
As I understand it, from a legal standpoint using the Warrior is OK.  Combining it with the word "Marquette" is not so OK.

(I would say it with more certainty, but we all know there's really not much certainty when it comes to legality)

Either way, it wouldn't necessarily stop Marquette from hassling you about it, especially if you are selling it in what is considered to be (at least for those couple of hours) Marquette's space.

Have some patience, FFS.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 01:20:28 PM »
agreed.

JD

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2016, 05:49:52 PM »
Appreciate all of the opinions/help

Thank you, friends

AL

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 05:00:06 PM »
A couple Marquette shirts that I've always wanted to see would be something like this:

with "Undefeated Since 1960" underneath, or:

some kind of Strength and Conditioning apparel. I'd buy one of each.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

feedback