[Today at 08:09:02 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Warriors vs Cavaliers II  (Read 24170 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Warriors vs Cavaliers II
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2016, 03:24:05 PM »
On a related note, I'd be interested in opinions here on whether the Warriors should try to sign Durant. There has been talk that KD would like to go to GS or SA when he would have a better chance to win a title.

My feeling is that he would not make GS a better team, but I would be interested in the opinions of others here.

I think it would be hard to spread the ball around enough if KD joined the Warriors.  But the thought of KD, Klay, and Curry, arguably the best 3 shooters in the league, on the floor at the same time is nightmare fuel for opponents.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2016, 03:28:11 PM »
I always thought the talks were Durant to Washington.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2016, 03:55:46 PM »
So, with full knowledge that I'm predicting with my heart, I'll say Cavs in six.  Don't worry about me, I'm prepared to have my heart ripped out again.

I actually like GS, and have really been rooting for them all year.  They're a great team.  I think the Cavs are much better than they were this time last year.  They do a lot of things better.  They move the ball well and find better shots.  I hope they play like they're capable of.  Last year they were seriously depleted and made a run at it.  While I fully recognize that GS is also improved, I think the Cavs will have a better showing than last year.  They'll have to play really well, though.

You wouldn't find me betting much on them, though.  I wouldn't bet much on either team in this series.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

brandx

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2016, 04:28:09 PM »
I think it would be hard to spread the ball around enough if KD joined the Warriors. But the thought of KD, Klay, and Curry, arguably the best 3 shooters in the league, on the floor at the same time is nightmare fuel for opponents.

That was my thinking in my comment. GS had 73 wins as currently constructed. I don't know how they become "better" by taking the ball out of the hands of Curry and Klay.

Defensively, while Durant has length and gives a decent effort, he is nowhere near Green or Iguodala on that end of the floor.

I think Durant makes any other team in the NBA better - except for Golden State.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2016, 04:39:25 PM »
It went 6 last year without a healthy Irving or Love and with Curry at 100%.   Steph's injury along with the presence of Love and Irving swing the balance.

Steph didn't look injured last night.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2016, 04:40:47 PM »
Your analysis is as lacking in depth as you claim Kerr's coaching is

Sarcasm, brandy.

brandx

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2016, 04:45:03 PM »
Sarcasm, brandy.

I'm a little slow mentally on Mondays - and apparently Tuesdays, as well.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2016, 06:00:34 PM »
I would love to see GS in 4.  I hate Lebron. 

Its funny, Cleveland has probably some of the best talent in the NBA at 3 positions (Irving, Love, James), but drastically underperforms. 

I hope they relapse (looked great lately) and get their asses handed to them.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2016, 06:03:34 PM »
After reading some of the brainless NBA comments here, stick with college hoops. It's all you guys can handle.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2016, 06:41:16 PM »
I'll take Cleveland in 4. 

Not because of the players on the floor but because the one GS/OKC game i watched (game 6) during a time out they had a shot of the GS huddle and all Kerr said was "we need to move!  we need to move both our bodies and the ball!".  Any coach that just shouts coaching platitudes at his players during aired huddles instead of drawing up plays is bound to cost his team every game - unbelievable he has this job.

Gets record for most wins in a season. Should not have job. Logic.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2016, 07:21:51 PM »
Gets record for most wins in a season. Should not have job. Logic.

Wow.  Two birds with one stone.  Apparently naginiF is on his game.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2016, 07:28:13 PM »
nagin is killing it.  BennyB is going to get jealous, look out.

I understand that regular season games mean nothing when it comes to the future of a Playoff series, but last years' Finals results mean even less.  Mosgov was incredible for the Cavs in the Finals last year...and now never plays.  If the Cavs are going to try to play small ball with the Warriors and put 4 shooters around LBJ like they have ben in the Playoffs, they're going to get blown out.  You can't outshoot the Warriors, you can't out-small-ball the Warriors.  The Warriors embarrassed the Cavs both times they played this year.  I think the Warriors are just a bad matchup for the Cavs.  Sure the Cavs have played great...against the Detroit Pistons, Atlanta Hawks, and Toronto Raptors.  Do any of those teams even make the Playoffs if they play a full season in the West?

BPI has their chances up.  They have a Warriors sweep (12%) as a higher percentage than a Cavs win in any individual number of games (6 games - 11%).  Overall they give the Warriors a 75% chance to win the title.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:30:27 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2016, 07:33:34 PM »
PG:  Steph > Kyrie, advantage GS
SG:  Klay > JR, advantage GS
SF:  LeBron > anyone, but Iguodola knows how to defend him.  Still Advantage Cavs
PF:  Green > Love, advantage GS
C:  Bogut/Ezeli/Mo/AV > anyone the Cavs can come up with, advantage GS
Bench:  Livingston/Barnes/Ezeli/Speights > Shump/Delly/Frye by a huge margin.  Advantage GS.
Coaching:  not even close, advantage GS

Still, Cleveland will steal one or two when JR gets hot or LeBron takes over, but it's GS in 6 or less.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2016, 07:39:10 PM »
By the way, am I the only one who thoroughly enjoys seeing the Warriors "stall" for a minute, bring in "Mo Buckets," watch him hit 3 of 4 perimeter jumpers in 5 possessions, and then go back to the bench?  The guy is 6'10", 255 (I think it's closer to 275 but what do I know?) and he can shoot the rock better than anybody on the Bucks roster.  It's awesome.

I'm also a huge fan of Livingston and don't understand why he bounced around so much, even after his horrific injury.  It's hard to imagine how good he could've been without that.

I have a hard time remembering a former superstar like Iggy accepting that he's no longer that guy and completely redefining his game and accepting the fact that he's now a defensive stopper who will make the most of open driving lanes created by the great shooters around him.

And last but not least I would really love for the Bucks to make a push for Harrison Barnes, as I think he is really underrated.  But they won't.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:41:34 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2016, 07:51:33 PM »
By the way, am I the only one who thoroughly enjoys seeing the Warriors "stall" for a minute, bring in "Mo Buckets," watch him hit 3 of 4 perimeter jumpers in 5 possessions, and then go back to the bench?  The guy is 6'10", 255 (I think it's closer to 275 but what do I know?) and he can shoot the rock better than anybody on the Bucks roster.  It's awesome.

I'm also a huge fan of Livingston and don't understand why he bounced around so much, even after his horrific injury.  It's hard to imagine how good he could've been without that.

I have a hard time remembering a former superstar like Iggy accepting that he's no longer that guy and completely redefining his game and accepting the fact that he's now a defensive stopper who will make the most of open driving lanes created by the great shooters around him.

And last but not least I would really love for the Bucks to make a push for Harrison Barnes, as I think he is really underrated.  But they won't.
No, you are not alone with this.  In fact, I think Mo/Iggy/Livingston/Ezeli/Barbosa are better as a unit than about 10 of the starting 5's in the NBA.  Then you add Rush, Clark & Varajeo and it's not a bad roster!
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2016, 08:01:08 PM »
Hoping for the city of Cleveland.  Going to be tough

brandx

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2016, 08:27:56 PM »
After reading some of the brainless NBA comments here, stick with college hoops. It's all you guys can handle.

Very astute!!

You're afraid to give an analysis - yet make fun of others.

All while inferring that you are the real expert. Hilarious, but sadly, very typical for you.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2016, 09:47:13 PM »
PG:  Steph > Kyrie, advantage GS
SG:  Klay > JR, advantage GS
SF:  LeBron > anyone, but Iguodola knows how to defend him.  Still Advantage Cavs
PF:  Green > Love, advantage GS
C:  Bogut/Ezeli/Mo/AV > anyone the Cavs can come up with, advantage GS
Bench:  Livingston/Barnes/Ezeli/Speights > Shump/Delly/Frye by a huge margin.  Advantage GS.
Coaching:  not even close, advantage GS

Still, Cleveland will steal one or two when JR gets hot or LeBron takes over, but it's GS in 6 or less.

You greatly over value Draymond

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2016, 10:05:10 PM »
You greatly over value Draymond

He's a better 3rd piece than Love is a 3rd piece. But Love would be the better #1 player on a team than Draymond is.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2016, 10:24:29 PM »
He's a better 3rd piece than Love is a 3rd piece. But Love would be the better #1 player on a team than Draymond is.
I'll grant you that Draymond is a "system" player who thrives under the GSW coaching and system, but he also guards better than Love, passes better than Love, and rebounds better than Love.  Put him on another team and maybe not, but right now he plays for the warriors, and his value in their system is greater than Love's value in Cleveland's system. 

brandx

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2016, 10:38:37 PM »
I'll grant you that Draymond is a "system" player who thrives under the GSW coaching and system, but he also guards better than Love, passes better than Love, and rebounds better than Love.  Put him on another team and maybe not, but right now he plays for the warriors, and his value in their system is greater than Love's value in Cleveland's system.

I say that Green would be better on any team. He plays harder than Love at all times, is a better shooter, and can do so much more.

As far as being a better #1 player on a team, well, Love would be the better #1 on a bad team. Neither would be the #1 player on a good team.

The biggest difference is defense. Green is a great defender; Love is one of the NBA's worst.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:40:27 PM by brandx »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2016, 10:49:38 PM »

I think Livingston just got onto bad teams. Wizards, Bobcats, when the Bucks were a mess.  So you have someone who had a horrific injury, playing backup minutes on bad teams, I can see why people might not have given him a full chance.  Once he got to Brooklyn, was the every day backup for Deron Williams, people were like "whoa, he's actually a solid role player" and he fits that spot PERFECTLY in GS.  Him throwing down the other day was awesome.

As for Iggy, he was the star that was never a true star.  Only has made 1 all star team.  Made the Olympic team as role player and defensive ace and was also on mediocre to bad teams most of his prime.  And he has never been a volume scorer, so its hard to stand out on bad teams when you're a defensive ace and decent scorer.  After winning a gold medal, I think he was ready to contribute on a good team in any way possible, and he's been HUGE for Golden State.  He's by all accounts a really good dude too, so I think hes a great locker room guy for them.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2016, 11:03:03 PM »
I loved Iggy when he was on Denver. That was a fun team before they all got injured or fell off the face of the planet. Lawson, Galinari, Iggy, Faried and Mozgov.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2016, 12:35:33 AM »
6 straight NBA finals appearances for Lebron...that hasn't happened in like 50 years to a NBA players.

Most of my family is from Cleveland, spent some time there last week as I have many times over the years....those people are so hungry for a title.  Would love to see them get it.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2016, 05:17:50 AM »

love seemed or was a better player on a bad team(minnesota).  coming to cleveland, you would think he would have gotten even better as other teams can't focus on him as you have a few others(lebron, kyrie) that take the defensive pressure off him.  i don't know if he got complacent or what, but he just seemed to drop a notch.  hell, with his defense, or lack there of, stevo(healthy) could fill his role and for much $$$ less.  don't get me wrong, i like love, but i thought he would be more of a threat. 

draymond, as obnoxious as he can be, ya gotta love his energy.  inside/out-a round mound of rebound with a much better outside shot.  the splash brothers plus gs's bench and explosiveness...they take it in 5.

as for the commercial huddles-what do ya expect the coaches to be saying or drawing up?  the next play(s) they want to run?  might as well put the camera in the football huddle too and then belichick wouldn't have to use his secret drones anymore-ennn'a?  ya know what would be funny is if when the camera's on the b-ball huddle, the coach just automatically starts going-hey guys, what are ya'll up for after we close this bad boy down?  i'm up for a good craft beer and a double vegan burger or have him partner with some restaurant and  draw up their name in big bold letters on his whiteboard-EAT AT JOE'S or something...that would be a hoot ;D ::) ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't