[Today at 10:35:30 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Avenue Commons
[Today at 10:20:33 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Rowsey Injury  (Read 33079 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Rowsey Injury
« on: December 18, 2017, 10:50:30 PM »
Didn't get to see the game and not sure I'm going to have time to read through the entire game thread/post game threads, plus if it's a serious injury I'm thinking it would deserve it's own thread because that, my friends, would be the season.

Any word on Rowsey's injury?  Sounds like he suffered a leg injury that didn't look good but that he was able to walk off on his own.

Thanks for any information.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Rowsey Injury
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 11:07:17 PM »
A guy from NIU came down on the back of AR's ankle and twisted it.  He didn't come back into the game, but he walked back in and sat on the bench after a few minutes in the locker room. I'm guessing it isn't anything major...but then again I didn't stay at Holiday Inn Express last night.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 11:12:07 PM »
Wojo said tests tonight in post game presser. Markus said that AR told him he’d be fine. Maybe would be a bit surprised to see him Thursday but hopefully ready to go for X.

I was worrried when it happened. Didn’t look good.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 11:34:35 PM »
He was walking on it after it happened and then came out on the bench later. I think he'll be okay. Then again, I'm not a doctor and don't know anything about the injury.

romey

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 11:40:22 PM »
Btw Dickie Simpkins, Andrew Row "C"?  Sorry, it bugs me.  Row "Z" please.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 06:26:50 AM »
Jeff Levering calls him Rossey——-it’s not that difficult of a name.

burger

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 06:56:34 AM »
Just asking....

If he were to have to sit for 2 to 3 months...(MCL).....Effectively ending his season......Could he apply for a medical redshirt?

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 07:19:20 AM »
it would be his 6 season and he has played in 11 games this year.  So it would be unlikely.  I think the cutoff is 10 games and that would be for someone that had not already sit out a year.  How many years did Otule play he got Med redshirt also there was a either a Northwestern or Badger 6-7 years ago that got a 6 year.  Maybe Even eschmeyer.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 07:39:26 AM »
Just asking....

If he were to have to sit for 2 to 3 months...(MCL).....Effectively ending his season......Could he apply for a medical redshirt?

We would have to play 37 games for him to be eligible.  Has to play in less then 30% of the season.

So we would need to finish in the bottom four of the conference,  make the BE championship,  and then play three rounds of a postseason tournament
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 07:47:43 AM »
We would have to play 37 games for him to be eligible.  Has to play in less then 30% of the season.

So we would need to finish in the bottom four of the conference,  make the BE championship,  and then play three rounds of a postseason tournament
Don’t believe post-season games count.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 08:22:20 AM »

So you’re saying there’s a chance
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 08:24:23 AM »

The conference tournament counts as one game.  NCAA tournaments games don't count.

He would not be able since he played in over 30% of the games.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 08:27:00 AM »

Nope. Not how it works (and it’s a medical hardship waiver... redshirt means you didn’t play).

The 30% is your scheduled games, plus the conf tourney counts as one, regardless of how many you play. The NCAA or other postseason tourneys count for nada

So, it’s 31 x 30% = 9.3. Per bylaws, round up to 10. He’s played in 11. Therefore he does not meet the criteria. If he did, getting a five year rule waiver would be the other issue - only missed one year due to somethingboutvofvhis control. Transfer year was by choice.

So, he’s got two things stacked against him. NCAA has done weird things in the past, but by rule he isn’t a medical hardship waiver candidate and isn’t a 6th year candidate
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 09:12:20 AM »
Are we even sure Rowsey would want to play another year of college hoops?

He might say that he has proven he can play in the games he has already participated in this year, and he would rather go pro, wherever in the world that happens to be.  It's not like he is going to grow six inches between now and the 2019 draft, or markedly improve his stats.
Have some patience, FFS.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 09:16:35 AM »
Are we even sure Rowsey would want to play another year of college hoops?

He might say that he has proven he can play in the games he has already participated in this year, and he would rather go pro, wherever in the world that happens to be.  It's not like he is going to grow six inches between now and the 2019 draft, or markedly improve his stats.

Sure? No..but I am sure the kid would love to play another year if he had to miss the rest of this season. 

That being said, I am pretty hopeful that this isn't a long term injury.  Maybe miss the American game, but I think he'll be ready to roll by next week.  He seemed to be walking on it fine, and if they thought it was serious, I feel like he wouldn't have come back and it would have been on ice.  But I am no doctor.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 09:42:56 AM »

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 09:53:49 AM »
At first it looked like an ACL injury the way he went down. Replay showed his back calf got stepped on by a player coming down which twisted his ankle and possibly caused a fracture to the leg bone. As long as thee is no break, I'd be happy to sacrifice Thrusday's game for no ACL injury.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 09:55:29 AM »
I thought the hit to the head might have knocked him woozy and that was the whole thing. Never saw him limping at all. Were they looking at the knee/leg?

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 10:03:29 AM »
I thought the hit to the head might have knocked him woozy and that was the whole thing. Never saw him limping at all. Were they looking at the knee/leg?
Were you watching a replay of the Packers game?  Davante Adams and  Rowsey look nothing alike. 

Eldon

• All American

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2017, 10:44:33 AM »
He'll be fine Im betting. Too much  over-reaction right now.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2017, 11:02:14 AM »
The refs called that play a travel on Rowsey, correct?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2017, 11:03:11 AM »
The refs called that play a travel on Rowsey, correct?

Yeah.  And I can understand why if they viewed the contact as incidental.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2017, 11:08:10 AM »
Btw Dickie Simpkins, Andrew Row "C"?  Sorry, it bugs me.  Row "Z" please.
Dickie Simpkins wasn't even in the Bradley Center last night. Talk about things that bug people.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2017, 11:12:47 AM »
Yep.  It was Bardo, who is actually pretty good for a regional guy.  Much better than Simpkins.

feedback