'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Adios, Carolyn Kieger  (Read 23151 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Adios, Carolyn Kieger
« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2019, 12:24:22 PM »
Wtf does that have to do with anything? 
And the answer is no where near 0 and 0

It has to do with everything.  I cannot stand people who don't support a program, but take every opportunity to crap on it and second-guess other people's choices regarding that program.
Have some patience, FFS.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2019, 12:36:00 PM »
I gave up upwards of $700k in income over the short term to leave and start my own business. I had business revenue of under $50k in my first year.  So in my case ... yes

Wasnt making a 3 year decision

Respectfully, I believe your situation was very different.  You traded in income for the opportunity to pursue something bigger that you had control over.  You believed in yourself that you could make something bigger.  And I sincerely congratulate you for that.

But she didn't have that option.  Either way, she was going to be working for someone else who would decide how much to pay her.  No matter how much she believed she could accomplish, if she didn't believe that her employer (Marquette) would ever pay her what PSU offered -- or even close -- then it's understandable that she would leave.

Leaving a high salary to start your own business is very, very different than deciding between two employers.  If Employer No. 2 is going to pay you double what Employer No. 1 will pay you, it seems like a pretty simple decision to me.  You left for a huge up-side, which apparently worked really well for you.  You wouldn't have done it if you didn't believe in that upside.  I suspect that Kieger just didn't believe that Marquette was offering the upside.  I wish her the best at PSU.

And, welcome to Coach Duffy.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2019, 12:37:19 PM »
It has to do with everything.  I cannot stand people who don't support a program, but take every opportunity to crap on it and second-guess other people's choices regarding that program.

You know nothing, but pontificate away.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2019, 12:42:25 PM »
Respectfully, I believe your situation was very different.  You traded in income for the opportunity to pursue something bigger that you had control over.  You believed in yourself that you could make something bigger.  And I sincerely congratulate you for that.

But she didn't have that option.  Either way, she was going to be working for someone else who would decide how much to pay her.  No matter how much she believed she could accomplish, if she didn't believe that her employer (Marquette) would ever pay her what PSU offered -- or even close -- then it's understandable that she would leave.

Leaving a high salary to start your own business is very, very different than deciding between two employers.  If Employer No. 2 is going to pay you double what Employer No. 1 will pay you, it seems like a pretty simple decision to me.  You left for a huge up-side, which apparently worked really well for you.  You wouldn't have done it if you didn't believe in that upside.  I suspect that Kieger just didn't believe that Marquette was offering the upside.  I wish her the best at PSU.

And, welcome to Coach Duffy.

I dont disagree with that one iota.  And we were not flys on the wall so dont know particulars.  What i do know tho is mu was coming off the two best seasons ever and had summitt and geno done the same thing things may have turned out differently. I guess we will never know.  If she were not an alum it prolly is a different story.  We shall see, just personally have never been a grass is greener kinda person, would rather nurture the grass i already have.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2019, 12:57:40 PM »
In fact, your wrong, its about a path, tall titan and i would have taken a different route as im sure would have others, some agree with the other route.  Thats fine too, just not my cup of tea.

"That's fine too?"

Dumb shortterm move.  The money n everything else was there is she just dug in.  Imo fook Krieger, welcome Duffy i hope she learned a thing or two from her old coach about program building, she looks to be an upgrade.
Coach Krieger welcome to the Tom Crean career path... f u

::) ::) ::)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback