[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Illinois asst. Jamall Walker suspended for 2 games  (Read 1291 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Illinois asst. Jamall Walker suspended for 2 games
« on: August 17, 2013, 05:27:23 AM »
http://espn.go.com/chicago/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9575499/illinois-assistant-coach-jamall-walker-banned-2-postseason-games

Jamall Walker suspended for 2 games

Illinois assistant coach Jamall Walker has received a two-game tournament suspension and a public reprimand from the Division I men's basketball committee for his misconduct after the Illini's loss to Miami in the NCAA tournament last season.

The NCAA's release said Walker made "inappropriate contact" with a game official and "verbally confronted" the game officials and a police officer after the game March 24.

A controversial out-of-bounds call went against Illinois and gave Miami the ball with a two-point lead and 42.3 seconds left in the second half. Miami won the game 63-59 and advanced to the Sweet 16.

"Coach Walker's behavior violated the expectations that championship participants act in a manner that represents the highest standards of sportsmanship," Division I men's basketball committee chair Ron Wellman said in a statement. "The nature of his actions led us to issue the two-game postseason suspension."

The two-game suspension will be applied to the next NCAA postseason berth Walker makes as a coach at any school.

Walker and Illinois coach John Groce released statements on Friday.

"I accept the NCAA's penalty regarding this matter and am ready to move forward," Walker said in a statement.

Groce said in a statement, "We have great respect for the game of basketball and the NCAA, and take pride in demonstrating good sportsmanship. After doing its due diligence, the NCAA has decided on this penalty. It is an unfortunate situation, but we accept the penalty and will move on."

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
Re: Illinois asst. Jamall Walker suspended for 2 games
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 05:59:35 PM »
Probably shouldn't have acted that way but that call was bullcrap
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

feedback