[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1116144 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #11325 on: September 08, 2021, 09:15:25 PM »
  what if someone got an std and didn't practice "safe sex" should they be ignored or pay higher premiums or go to back of the line?

If a person knowingly has an STD, and doesn't practice "safe sex" and doesn't let partners know, they are committing a crime. It is considered assault.

Are you suggesting that people the don't get vaccinated, and get someone else sick, should be charged with assault instead of higher premiums?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11326 on: September 08, 2021, 09:23:44 PM »
If a person knowingly has an STD, and doesn't practice "safe sex" and doesn't let partners know, they are committing a crime. It is considered assault.

Are you suggesting that people the don't get vaccinated, and get someone else sick, should be charged with assault instead of higher premiums?

just fill in the blanks

No, if one__________ for no reason other than bullcrap excuse than, "I don't wanna" and calls it 'political' then yes, they should absolutely pay for the increased burden they are putting on the system.
don't...don't don't don't don't

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #11327 on: September 09, 2021, 09:11:24 AM »
So, these are the people that are on the side of not wearing masks. I am happy not to be on her side of the debate.

SAP Employee Fired After Intentionally Coughing on Shoppers at Nebraska Grocery Store
https://www.ibtimes.sg/janene-hoskovec-sap-employee-fired-after-intentionally-coughing-shoppers-nebraska-grocery-store-60123

She said she was at the store with her 13-year-old daughter when the maskless "Karen," identified as Janene Hoskovec, approached them and confronted them for wearing masks.
She said Hoskovec then proceeded to follow the mother and daughter around the store and when she asked her to maintain social distance, Hoskovec started coughing on them intentionally.

Video of her here: https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1435200650804146177

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11328 on: September 09, 2021, 03:45:30 PM »
So, these are the people that are on the side of not wearing masks. I am happy not to be on her side of the debate.

SAP Employee Fired After Intentionally Coughing on Shoppers at Nebraska Grocery Store
https://www.ibtimes.sg/janene-hoskovec-sap-employee-fired-after-intentionally-coughing-shoppers-nebraska-grocery-store-60123

She said she was at the store with her 13-year-old daughter when the maskless "Karen," identified as Janene Hoskovec, approached them and confronted them for wearing masks.
She said Hoskovec then proceeded to follow the mother and daughter around the store and when she asked her to maintain social distance, Hoskovec started coughing on them intentionally.

Video of her here: https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1435200650804146177

this "karen" person is an idiot and no, she is not emblematic of the people not wearing masks-that is just an asinine statement.  if i look hard enough, i could probably find a similar incident with the mask wearing people doing the same to the unmasked except the "media" won't highlight those as they do the stupid incidents such as yours

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #11329 on: September 09, 2021, 03:52:57 PM »
  this "karen" person is an idiot and no, she is not emblematic of the people not wearing masks-that is just an asinine statement.  if i look hard enough, i could probably find a similar incident with the mask wearing people doing the same to the unmasked except the "media" won't highlight those as they do the stupid incidents such as yours

lol.

whataboutism taken to a phantom level.

There's a whatabout that makes the other side just as bad somewhere out there I'm sure of it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #11330 on: September 09, 2021, 03:56:34 PM »

9 of 10 for Classic whataboutism and great use of air quotes. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11331 on: September 09, 2021, 04:31:07 PM »
9 of 10 for Classic whataboutism and great use of air quotes.

I give it an extra 0.25 for blaming "the media."

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #11332 on: September 09, 2021, 04:38:37 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11333 on: September 09, 2021, 04:58:03 PM »
It has been postulated that there as been an immense undercount all along.   I have little doubt that there was an undercount in nursing homes.

Just had a discussion with a co -worker who resents the fact that his 95 year old grandfather was classified as a COVID death

'He was asymptomatic.  And 95.  Nobody knew he had COVID until after he died.  It was old age and, like 1% COVID.'
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 06:56:16 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11334 on: September 09, 2021, 05:54:10 PM »
I give it an extra 0.25 for blaming "the media."
I mean, if only there was a single instance of "the media" that broadcast hours upon hours upon hours of rightwing information each and every day. Alas, it will probably never happen...
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #11335 on: September 09, 2021, 06:11:36 PM »
Nursing home deaths severely under counted due to reporting lag:

https://wkow.com/2021/09/09/nursing-home-deaths-in-2020-much-higher/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=undefined_WKOW

Good thing we let all these corporations have liability shields, eh?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11336 on: September 09, 2021, 07:15:03 PM »
lol.

whataboutism taken to a phantom level.

There's a whatabout that makes the other side just as bad somewhere out there I'm sure of it.

nope, just calling the "broad brush" out

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #11337 on: September 09, 2021, 07:19:03 PM »
nope, just calling the "broad brush" out

Lol.

Serious “man” wants us to know he’s serious.

JWags85

• All American

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #11339 on: September 13, 2021, 11:11:58 PM »
This is an interesting study on trends in hospitalized COVID patients

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/09/covid-hospitalization-numbers-can-be-misleading/620062/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share

Interesting read. Good info, it seems. It frustrates me that there isn’t more detailed information collected and disseminated in general. I understand limitations in places like Florida, where they don’t want to know, but still, other places should be able to collect info like this article cites.

From the article: “It’s underreported how well the vaccine makes your life better, how much less sick you are likely to be, and less sick even if hospitalized,” Snyder said. “That’s the gem in this study.”

Get jabbed.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11340 on: September 14, 2021, 08:16:10 AM »
Southern states running out of ICU beds.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/09/14/us/covid-hospital-icu-south.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210914&instance_id=40338&nl=the-morning&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=68857&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

Red dots represent 95% of I.C.U. beds are occupied in each hospital; orange dots represent 90-95%

Biggest concentration in states where the governors and/or state legislatures have enacted executive orders and/or legislation that make it impossible, illegal or difficult to require masks and vaccines. Blood on their hands.

Lots of dead already -- including innocent victims who don't have COVID-19 but die waiting for care because anti-vaxxers are taking up beds-- and more to come.

Let freedom ring!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11341 on: September 14, 2021, 08:44:28 AM »
Sew ur movin' ta Wyomin' orr Montana, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #11342 on: September 14, 2021, 09:22:15 AM »

Nads and chicos homesteading in Idaho, aina?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11343 on: September 14, 2021, 11:46:38 AM »

NC isn't as bad as Fla and Texas. And I'm neither poor nor a person of color, so I'll probably be OK.

Thanks for asking, though. Hope you and yours are well.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11344 on: September 15, 2021, 07:42:51 AM »
Both the GOP and Newsom made the California recall vote largely about the pandemic.

Republicans, whose top candidate called himself a Trump clone, said it was a way out of the "tyranny" of mask and vaccine mandates; Newsom and the Dems said it was about getting life back to normal by following the science. The Texas abortion law and state voter-suppression laws also became major themes in the campaign.

The recall vote failed overwhelmingly, handing Newsom a resounding victory.

“It appears that we are enjoying an overwhelmingly ‘no’ vote tonight here in the state of California, but ‘no’ is not the only thing that was expressed tonight," Newsom said.

“We said yes to science. We said yes to vaccines. We said yes to ending this pandemic. We said yes to people’s right to vote without fear of fake fraud and voter suppression. We said yes to women’s fundamental constitutional right to decide for herself what she does with her body, her fate, her future. We said yes to diversity.”

Exit polls showed a huge majority of voters believed Newsom was handling the pandemic well.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11345 on: September 15, 2021, 11:05:56 AM »
Both the GOP and Newsom made the California recall vote largely about the pandemic.

Republicans, whose top candidate called himself a Trump clone, said it was a way out of the "tyranny" of mask and vaccine mandates; Newsom and the Dems said it was about getting life back to normal by following the science. The Texas abortion law and state voter-suppression laws also became major themes in the campaign.

The recall vote failed overwhelmingly, handing Newsom a resounding victory.

“It appears that we are enjoying an overwhelmingly ‘no’ vote tonight here in the state of California, but ‘no’ is not the only thing that was expressed tonight," Newsom said.

“We said yes to science. We said yes to vaccines. We said yes to ending this pandemic. We said yes to people’s right to vote without fear of fake fraud and voter suppression. We said yes to women’s fundamental constitutional right to decide for herself what she does with her body, her fate, her future. We said yes to diversity.”

Exit polls showed a huge majority of voters believed Newsom was handling the pandemic well.
"Party affiliation may be dangerous to your health"
https://twitter.com/KennethNorville/status/1438040351231471616

MAGA Covidiots
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11346 on: September 15, 2021, 11:16:33 AM »
"Party affiliation may be dangerous to your health"
https://twitter.com/KennethNorville/status/1438040351231471616

MAGA Covidiots

We demand the right to die or get seriously ill, to not protect our loved ones (including our kids) from death or serious illness, and to kill or infect our friends! FREEDOM!!!

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #11347 on: September 15, 2021, 11:29:32 AM »
We demand the right to die or get seriously ill, to not protect our loved ones (including our kids) from death or serious illness, and to kill or infect our friends! FREEDOM!!!
Freedumb isn't free. Costs lives.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11348 on: September 15, 2021, 01:02:41 PM »
Grim milestone reached: 1 in 500 Americans have died of COVID-19.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/interactive/2021/1-in-500-covid-deaths/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F34ae483%2F61421ba09d2fdaecb9da42f0%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F8%2F70%2F61421ba09d2fdaecb9da42f0

The biggest toll, especially early in the pandemic, was older people. Nevertheless, 1-in-780 Americans between the ages of 40 and 64 have died of COVID-19. The toll has been particularly high on Native Americans and people of color.

A true tragedy, made worse by the fact that so many of the deaths were preventable, and continue to be preventable.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11349 on: September 16, 2021, 08:58:48 AM »
  what if someone got an std and didn't practice "safe sex" should they be ignored or pay higher premiums or go to back of the line?

STDs are shared between sexual partners.

Covid is shared between everyone that breathes.

Don't be daffy.