[Today at 08:37:20 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JTJ3
[Today at 06:35:06 AM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Creighton Is An Opportunity For Us  (Read 5247 times)

Texas Western

• All American
Creighton Is An Opportunity For Us
« on: February 13, 2015, 11:40:52 AM »
Even though Creighton is comfortably at the bottom of the Big East, I see this game as an opportunity for us. If we can go into their sold out arena and come out with a win, it could give the team some important confidence. The only way we can make something out of this season is to win the Big East Tournament. I think a road win in a loud arena against a spirited team could be a key stepping stone.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Re: Creighton Is An Opportunity For Us
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 11:43:20 AM »
Even though Creighton is comfortably at the bottom of the Big East, I see this game as an opportunity for us. If we can go into their sold out arena and come out with a win, it could give the team some important confidence. The only way we can make something out of this season is to win the Big East Tournament. I think a road win in a loud arena against a spirited team could be a key stepping stone.

Dude, you're a clown for many reasons so why add another? One game separates Marquette and Creighton and that likely won't be the case tomorrow. Don't try to play up Creighton being poor just so you can play your silly game of "Whac-a-Mole" on Wojo tomorrow if it's a loss.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 12:06:16 PM »
Dude, you're a clown for many reasons so why add another? One game separates Marquette and Creighton and that likely won't be the case tomorrow. Don't try to play up Creighton being poor just so you can play your silly game of "Whac-a-Mole" on Wojo tomorrow if it's a loss.

Agreed, but other than that first sentence, I agree with TW post. Get back to back road wins, build confidence, hopefully Carlino healthy. Only way we have a chance at the Garden is to build confidence on the road.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 12:07:47 PM »

Dude, your ship sailed.

geagles10

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 12:13:21 PM »
If Carlino is out we don't have much of a chance.  Creighton is going to hit 3's at home for sure.  If not Carlino or Du Wilson/Cohen haveing a day from 3 I predict its going to be tough to keep up with 2's, and thats assuming we can even make 2's consistently when they pack the paint.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 12:15:48 PM »
If Carlino is healthy and productive, MU has a chance.   If Carlino doesn't play, MU loses by double digits.   They will pack the paint, cut off driving angles, and dare MU to hit a jumpshot.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

geagles10

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 12:21:32 PM »
If Carlino is healthy and productive, MU has a chance.   If Carlino doesn't play, MU loses by double digits.   They will pack the paint, cut off driving angles, and dare MU to hit a jumpshot.   

We agree.  Obviously this will be the storyline after the game.  I'll be courtside behind the MU bench, so hoping we are totatly wrong.  From CU's standpoint, probably one of their easiest defensive gameplans of the year.   

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 12:35:47 PM »
We agree.  Obviously this will be the storyline after the game.  I'll be courtside behind the MU bench, so hoping we are totatly wrong.  From CU's standpoint, probably one of their easiest defensive gameplans of the year.   

Would be real surprised if we lost by 10+ even without Carlino. Creighton just doesn't have enough scoring. Won't see much 1-3-1 since they got consistent corner three's at the BC once they figured it out.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 12:43:21 PM »
I am actually saying the opposite of your assertion. I am saying it is a good quality win if we get it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 01:00:44 PM »
People actually think we have a chance to win the BET?  I'd be shocked if we won a game in the BET, let alone win the whole damn thing.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 01:01:51 PM »
I am actually saying the opposite of your assertion. I am saying it is a good quality win if we get it.

Creighton has lost 4 of 5 at home including a 27-point loss their last time out. There's nothing "quality" about beating a bad team at their place.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 01:04:11 PM »
People actually think we have a chance to win the BET?  I'd be shocked if we won a game in the BET, let alone win the whole damn thing.

+1

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 01:11:47 PM »

This team has 7 Top 100 recruits on the roster! Of course, MU is going to win the BET!

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 01:22:14 PM »
Creighton has lost 4 of 5 at home including a 27-point loss their last time out. There's nothing "quality" about beating a bad team at their place.

Honestly, any win that builds confidence in the team for now and in the future is quality. The team needs to feel what it's like to win, especially the younger guys.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 01:22:24 PM »
This team has 7 Top 100 recruits on the roster! Of course, MU is going to win the BET!

Yeah I forgot, it doesn't take Wooden to coach these guys up.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 01:46:24 PM »
Yes, Creighton is definitely an opportunity for us. On the other hand, if we lose, we will be "comfortably" in last place with Creighton.

What is the point spread?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

feedback