collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 381276 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #1900 on: March 12, 2021, 05:06:12 AM »
Doc was right, aina?

Right about what?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1901 on: March 12, 2021, 05:14:15 AM »
Right about what?

Everything kin, everything, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1902 on: March 12, 2021, 05:41:46 AM »
So you watched this whole thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtQ-goeYY8s

And what you got out of it was that 'I can't go on a party cruise on the 4th of July?'???  Vaccine timeline has been pulled way up, things are on track to "normal" sooner than expected, and the front-man is 100% being honest and up-front.  For all that, I'd expect a  🙏🙏 from you.

Yup that one.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1903 on: March 12, 2021, 06:01:23 AM »
So serious.

Oh, it was supposed to be a joke.  Hard to tell by the way it landed.

Doc was right, aina?

Despite not knowing the results of the study, he did guess right.  But you know what they say about blind squirrels, right?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1904 on: March 12, 2021, 06:07:20 AM »

Everything kin, everything, hey?

If we're doing dick measuring about who was right and who was wrong regarding covid for the last twelve months, I think its safe to say your micropeen can be put back in your tighty whities.  I'll get back to you when I'm done measuring mine, but menards was all out of tape measures last I checked.  Anyone got one of these sitting around?

Stick to teeth.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1905 on: March 12, 2021, 07:46:58 AM »
With the hope of maybe (if we’re lucky) then being able to get together with family and close friends for a 4th of July bbq 🤦‍♂️

Not the speech I was hoping to hear.  Between the threat of imposing restrictions again and the general negativity around the message it just didn’t seem to meet the moment or optimistic forward look after such a sh*tty last twelve months.

Blind optimism are predictions that we will be able to get together over Easter.  July 4 is realistic and can always be moved up if things go well. 

(I do think the "no large crowds" thing is going to be completely ignored.)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1906 on: March 12, 2021, 07:54:39 AM »

Blind optimism are predictions that we will be able to get together over Easter.  July 4 is realistic and can always be moved up if things go well. 

Memorial day I think we are looking at full open unless we run into shortages and/or problems.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1907 on: March 12, 2021, 08:07:08 AM »

When I first heard July 4th, I thought WTF. However, if everyone gets their first dose by end of May, you’d probably be fully vaccinated mid-June with the second dose plus time needed to gain the immunity.

It kind of strikes me as a low bar. Similar to the 1M/day when we were doing that before Biden took office. I mean unvaccinated people are already gathering in that way. I agree that Memorial Day is more likely.

OT: MU’s Center for Supply Chain did a cool presentation with executives from UPS on their process to distribute the vaccine. It was really interesting.

https://www.marquette.edu/business/supply-chain/symposium.php

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1908 on: March 12, 2021, 08:37:15 AM »
Memorial day I think we are looking at full open unless we run into shortages and/or problems.

Agree.  Easier to move the deadline earlier than later.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1909 on: March 12, 2021, 08:55:19 AM »
If we're doing dick measuring about who was right and who was wrong regarding covid for the last twelve months, I think its safe to say your micropeen can be put back in your tighty whities.  I'll get back to you when I'm done measuring mine, but menards was all out of tape measures last I checked.  Anyone got one of these sitting around?

Stick to teeth.

Deal kin, if you promise to stick to medical transportation, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1910 on: March 12, 2021, 09:00:14 AM »

Deal kin, if you promise to stick to medical transportation, hey?

I guess it hurts to be constantly owned by someone who only holds a BS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1911 on: March 12, 2021, 09:08:16 AM »
Always better to under-promise and over-deliver than vice versa.

Better to say July 4 when Memorial Day likely than to say cases “will be close to zero within days” or “like a miracle it will disappear.”
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1912 on: March 12, 2021, 09:42:55 AM »
I guess it hurts to be constantly owned by someone who only holds a BS.

Owned? You'd soon be outbid on Ebay, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1913 on: March 12, 2021, 09:43:48 AM »

Better to say July 4 when Memorial Day likely than to say cases “will be close to zero within days” or “like a miracle it will disappear.”

Plus its dependent on all of us taking the vaccine.  If you paint something too optimistic and we don't get uptake on the behavior/have a big spike somewhere, then you look like an idiot. 

Also the May date in my opinion should be a slam dunk that everyone will have access....my guess is that one was more for the laggard states in vaccine deployment. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1914 on: March 12, 2021, 09:45:55 AM »

Owned? You'd soon be outbid on Ebay, aina?

Sorry, I'll stop using internet jargon around you, fam. 

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1915 on: March 12, 2021, 10:05:11 AM »

Scotty G should be the one and only voice on marketing the back to normal message, guy is just amazing.  I certainly understand the under promise over deliver approach but when you under promise so extremely that it makes you look detached/uninformed it hurts credibility and a good chunk of the country will tune you out.

I mean the vast majority of the country was getting together for outdoor 4th celebrations last year for crying out loud.
https://mobile.twitter.com/CNBC/status/1370393141413609476

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1916 on: March 12, 2021, 10:20:58 AM »
Well thats a weird thing to get hung up on.

If people got together last july 4th, they are probably getting together regardless of what date is thrown out. 

I think its realistic that by the end of June everyone who wants to be is fully vaccinated.  For some that's important and putting a date on it, even if it proves to be conservative, and is how you communicate in crises. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 10:29:41 AM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1917 on: March 12, 2021, 10:26:49 AM »
I think, like the 100 million doses in the first 100 days, it is an easy, alliterative shorthand for the goal.     The 100 million doses are going to be given in the first 60 days.    If production holds up, opening it up to all before May 1 is doable, but May 1 is a clear and easy target.   And if that happens, almost everybody is going to be peeling their masks off on their own before that.    But July 4 is an easily recognizable national celebration.    Tying the vaccinations to a patriotic theme is just good marketing.   

Potential potholes are variants infecting teenagers, side effects, and production issues.      Also, I have to assume they are already planning on booster shots for the fall. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1918 on: March 12, 2021, 10:27:32 AM »

I mean the vast majority of the country was getting together for outdoor 4th celebrations last year for crying out loud.

And that turned out so well, ai'na?

Bingo. The former occupant made one failed promise after another ("You have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero." (Feb 26, 2020); "Just stay calm. It will go away." (March 10, 2020); "One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.” (Feb 28, 2020); back to normal before Easter; approved vaccines by last October; etc). It's refreshing to have someone give us goals we can actually achieve, while also delivering the realistic tone that we are all responsible for making it happen.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1919 on: March 12, 2021, 10:31:13 AM »

If people got together last july 4th, they are probably getting together regardless of what date is thrown out. 

Yep. Especially since July 4th gatherings likely contributed to last year's summertime peak (~70k cases/day on July 24).

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1920 on: March 12, 2021, 10:37:17 AM »

And that turned out so well, ai'na?

Bingo. The former occupant made one failed promise after another ("You have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero." (Feb 26, 2020); "Just stay calm. It will go away." (March 10, 2020); "One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.” (Feb 28, 2020); back to normal before Easter; approved vaccines by last October; etc). It's refreshing to have someone give us goals we can actually achieve, while also delivering the realistic tone that we are all responsible for making it happen.

I thought we’re forgiving the misguidance given early on by damn near everyone?  Behind the scenes and publicly the experts were saying the same damn thing.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1921 on: March 12, 2021, 10:39:46 AM »

Yep. Especially since July 4th gatherings likely contributed to last year's summertime peak (~70k cases/day on July 24).

How do you know the summer surge wouldn’t have been worse if everyone who gathered outside decided to go to a grocery store, go into work instead of taking vacation, etc..

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1922 on: March 12, 2021, 10:42:16 AM »
I think, like the 100 million doses in the first 100 days, it is an easy, alliterative shorthand for the goal.     The 100 million doses are going to be given in the first 60 days.    If production holds up, opening it up to all before May 1 is doable, but May 1 is a clear and easy target.   And if that happens, almost everybody is going to be peeling their masks off on their own before that.    But July 4 is an easily recognizable national celebration.    Tying the vaccinations to a patriotic theme is just good marketing.   

Potential potholes are variants infecting teenagers, side effects, and production issues.      Also, I have to assume they are already planning on booster shots for the fall.

I agree attaching it the 4th could have been a great patriotic link.  If the message would have been if everyone gets vaccinated before then we’ll have a country with full baseball stadiums, packed fields of Americans watching firework shows, and a return to normal. 

Not the message of if we all get vaccinated we can go see mom and dad and our siblings for a small bbq gathering.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1923 on: March 12, 2021, 10:44:42 AM »

I think its realistic that by the end of June everyone who wants to be is fully vaccinated.  For some that's important and putting a date on it, even if it proves to be conservative, and is how you communicate in crises.

I’m not hung up on it was just disappointed.  We’ve talked about it on and off on Scoop the importance of messaging a return to normal to encourage as many folks as possible to get shots asap.  Simply made a comment that I feel his address last night missed that mark. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1924 on: March 12, 2021, 10:44:57 AM »
I thought we’re forgiving the misguidance given early on by damn near everyone?  Behind the scenes and publicly the experts were saying the same damn thing.

Only selectively when it suits agendas, hey.

feedback