[Today at 04:38:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MUbiz
[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] MU releases Scott Christopherson, Nick Williams  (Read 7925 times)

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] MU releases Scott Christopherson, Nick Williams
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 10:00:17 PM »
I wish Scott well. But as for his ability in the Big East...it was awful. He has mid-major all over him. Too slow of a release and wayyyyy to slow feet. He'd get destroyed in the BEast.

reesiecup210

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 12:30:19 AM »
A team that struggles with jump shooting just lost their best jump shooter.

Maybe, but he was a jump shooter that couldn't get on the floor, because that's all he could do.

The only thing Novak could do was shoot... shoot off a screen to be more exact (played with him for 4 years, I know his ability), but he still somehow found the floor.

Sucks to see him go, was looking forward to seeing him more. The only reason he didn't see playing time is because that team was loaded with Guards... surprise surprise (James, McNeal, Matthews, Cubillan, Acker.. not much left for the Frosh). I'm sure clearing 2 guards from the team will encourage TT to come to MU. Also given McNeal and James aren't "officially" coming back either.

Yeah, OK..First of all, apparently you missed any of the MU games when Christopherson actually got in. There's a reason he never got in. He couldn't play. Second, you must have been watching a different Steve Novak. If you'd like to take another look, you can see him these days playing for the Houston Rockets. Check your local listings. Is Christopherson 6-10?

You said "all he can do is shoot." I was merely pointing out that that was all Novak could do as well yet he found the floor enough. He's in the NBA, yes, so what, he can only shoot 3s for Houston as well
Do you think Christopherson had the potential to put up 41 in a game? You cannot possibly mention these two in the same sentence. If you played with him you know that.

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008, 12:45:58 AM »
Unfortunately the article makes it sound like SC left because crean did when in fact Scott really was a candidate to leave anyway just on the basis of not being able to fit in.  Buzz should have made that clear, as it is it makes Buzz look bad when in fact it was not his doing but crean's poor judgement of talent.

Actually Scott left because Crean left.

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2008/04/11/sports/00lead.txt

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 01:18:24 AM »
We are a TT and Trevor release away from being able to battle DePaul and S Florida for the cellar.  Thank goodness all of the teams make the BE tourney now.
Honestly?  We return everyone except for one solid player and now are one of the 3 worst teams in the conference?  With James, Matthews, McNeal, Cubillan, Acker, Hayword, and Burke all back we will not be bottom 3 next year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008, 01:55:45 AM »
I understand the argument that with 2 less guards, Tyshawn will have more playing time.

But my question is, if I were TT, after the Amigos leave, what will MU have to remain competitive in the Big East? Lazar and ___?____? And will that be enough of a core to make a deep run in the season and compete for one of the top 5 slots?

I dunno.

Sure, TT will have the chance to be "the man" but I'm sure he wants to win a championship...or at least get there, and it appears that it won't be happening his first two years because of the affected recruiting classes.
SS Marquette

jce

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 08:41:45 AM »
So, so far, for those of us keeping score, we were one scholie over, now two rescinded, so we have one to give now, correct?  So far I mean.

Actually we have two to give.  SC and Mbakwe gone.  Nick Williams granted release.

Jon

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 08:46:37 AM »
So, so far, for those of us keeping score, we were one scholie over, now two rescinded, so we have one to give now, correct?  So far I mean.

Actually we have two to give.  SC and Mbakwe gone.  Nick Williams granted release.

Jon

proof?
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

jce

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2008, 08:55:52 AM »

Jon

proof?

You're right.  It's not official and might not be.  At this point we have one.

Phi Iota Gamma 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2008, 08:57:26 AM »
Plus if he is truly gone why not announce now and get all the bad news out.  No upside in dribbling out bad news over an extended period of time.
There is nothing less productive than doing more efficiently that which should not be done at all-Peter Drucker

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2008, 09:12:55 AM »
A team that struggles with jump shooting just lost their best jump shooter.

Maybe, but he was a jump shooter that couldn't get on the floor, because that's all he could do.

The only thing Novak could do was shoot... shoot off a screen to be more exact (played with him for 4 years, I know his ability), but he still somehow found the floor.

Sucks to see him go, was looking forward to seeing him more. The only reason he didn't see playing time is because that team was loaded with Guards... surprise surprise (James, McNeal, Matthews, Cubillan, Acker.. not much left for the Frosh). I'm sure clearing 2 guards from the team will encourage TT to come to MU. Also given McNeal and James aren't "officially" coming back either.

Yeah, OK..First of all, apparently you missed any of the MU games when Christopherson actually got in. There's a reason he never got in. He couldn't play. Second, you must have been watching a different Steve Novak. If you'd like to take another look, you can see him these days playing for the Houston Rockets. Check your local listings. Is Christopherson 6-10?

You said "all he can do is shoot." I was merely pointing out that that was all Novak could do as well yet he found the floor enough. He's in the NBA, yes, so what, he can only shoot 3s for Houston as well

so you are saying there is a chance that sc would be able to throw up 41 against uconn his senior year?  please. 
You aren't even comparing remotely simmilar shooters.  Instead of saying the only thing either could do is shoot how about adding a few critical details: The only thing sc can do fairly well is shoot the ball slowly with a low release point.  The only thing novak could do his freshman year was fire off the ball in an instant from a very high release point with remarkable accuracy.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2008, 10:40:07 AM »
so now a team that could conceivably start a lineup of Jerel, DJ, Wes, Lazar and Burke is now going to fight to stay out of the BE cellar? Please. Get a grip. Scott was NOT (except for one second in Cincy) a Big East player.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2008, 12:22:35 PM »
We are a TT and Trevor release away from being able to battle DePaul and S Florida for the cellar.  Thank goodness all of the teams make the BE tourney now.

so losing SC and Williams, a player we have never seen suit up for MU puts us in the Big East cellar... are you joking

James, McNeal, Matthews, Hayward and Burke... yeah quite the cellar starting 5 there
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2008, 02:41:03 PM »
Anyone who thinks this team is a cellar dweller next year is not too bright. Their guard and wings are at least as talented as the ones Villanova made a run with when theyahd no big men. I only hope Buzz is willign to evolve his gameplans around his best players instead of tryign to hit the square peg in the round hole, which Crean always inevitably did. This will be the msot talented team since the final four squad and will win the Big East, I am even going to Vegas to lay down some money on it later this year. THis is still a top 6 Big East Squad. They will still win 10 game sin the Big East at least. I jsut hope all the peopel on here stop with the Chicken Little Routine.
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein