[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Good Recruiting News...  (Read 13576 times)

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:21:29 PM by LastWarrior »
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

mr.MUskie

• All American
Re: Good Recruiting News...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 05:21:20 PM »
Q: What kind of relationship do you have with Coach Williams?

A: He recruited me. I had a better relationship with him than with Coach Crean.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 05:28:32 PM »
Maybe we should send Herb Kohl with Buzz so the minutes negotiation with TT can get locked down and everyone will be happy.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 05:33:31 PM »
Bobby Hurley is sounding like a pimp throughout this whole process

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 05:36:10 PM »
Bobby Hurley is sounding like a pimp throughout this whole process

I had that same feeling.

deerchaser

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 05:40:57 PM »
Didn't Taylor say at some point when he committed that he was looking forward to winning his playing time?  Now he's wondering what his PT prospects look like?  Seems like an odd switch..kind of like this whole situation I suppose.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 05:44:19 PM »
the thing is, he'll get his minutes.  No offense to cubes or acker, but TT will be the back-up PG the day he steps on campus.  He can probably do everything acker can do offensively, and the mere fact he is 7 inches taller than MO gives him a big defensive advantage.  And if cubillan can't shoot, he basically worthless, as he still can't create shots for others or get to the rim (kinda go with each other actually).

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 05:46:47 PM »
So given Buzz's stance of "If you are making your decision based on climate, you're probably not tough enough to play here."

Does he tell Taylor: "If you're worried about getting playing time, you're probably not good enough to play here."  :P

nyg

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 05:50:30 PM »
Good questions asked by the reporter, especially the questions about all the guards.  "Didn't you know that going in"  One possibility would be maybe TC told him James would be leaving early, but now TC has bolted and with James's comments on probably staying, Taylor saw diminished minutes.  With the rumor of Christopherson leaving and a release of Nick Williams, maybe that will assist Buzz in his talk with Taylor. What Taylor needs to realize is that he comes in as a freshman, gets 10-15 minutes a game and then is handed the team for the next three years, in the best conference. If Taylor doesn't like that, then Buzz goes after Johnnie Lacy for 2009, maybe Lacy would appreciate playing for the MU program.  This kid Taylor better be worth the effort.  Alot has been mentioned about Coach Hurley, but what he said publicly is not close to Taylor's remarks. Wierd and sad. Anyone know who is traveling with Buzz to New Jersey?

As far as the Wisconsin players, glad to see Buzz is making a concerned effort in Jamil Wilson, and hopefully he will do the same with Jeronne Maymon, Lacy and 2010 recruit Flavian Davis.

Lets see if Buzz can close deals outside Texas.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 06:00:25 PM »
Tyshawn Taylor
http://njmg.typepad.com/zagsblog/2008/04/latest-on-tysha.html

So you're telling me there's a chance!   ;D

That interview is a salesman's dream.  When you're out there selling -- as Buzz is -- it's nice to have your prospect tell you all his selling points.  Close the deal, Buzz.  Bring this one home.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 06:06:25 PM »
That why I asked who's going with him.  Buzz, with his "aw shucks" southern drawl, going to inner city Jersey City, NJ........well, lets see how it goes. He has the answers to the test.

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 06:53:33 PM »
I wonder if Tyshawn thinks he's going to get 30+ minutes at Kansas, Texas, Ohio State, etc. Also, I would think Indiana's head basketball coach couldn't call and speak directly with a recruit who is signed to LOI with Marquette University. Doesn't that sound like tampering?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 07:24:23 PM »
That why I asked who's going with him.  Buzz, with his "aw shucks" southern drawl, going to inner city Jersey City, NJ........well, lets see how it goes. He has the answers to the test.

You realize that Buzz recruited TT?  You realize that TT knows Buzz better than Crean; he said so himself.  Your comments sound like you think this is their first meeting.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 07:55:41 PM »
Now that we have a scholorship to use, I wouldn't mind getting aggressive with a few of the late committers who we've been in on.  It seems like there is at least a little talent still out there that could help in the short-term.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 07:58:37 PM »
If we got Jamil Wilson, life would be good.  The man is a stud, and a type of player this program hasn't seen in quite some time. 
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 08:05:11 PM »
I wonder if Tyshawn thinks he's going to get 30+ minutes at Kansas, Texas, Ohio State, etc. Also, I would think Indiana's head basketball coach couldn't call and speak directly with a recruit who is signed to LOI with Marquette University. Doesn't that sound like tampering?

According to IU and their self imposed sanctions - Crean can't contact ANYONE until July.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 08:13:37 PM »

According to IU and their self imposed sanctions - Crean can't contact ANYONE until July.

If that is the case, TC already violated the rules

Q: Have you spoken with Coach Crean since he departed for Indiana?

A: I talked to him one time and he told me to wait to see who gets the coaching job at Marquette.

Q: What else did he say?

A: Crean apologized. He explained to me why he left. i just would have wanted to know ahead of time but he didn't even know what he was going to do. He has to do what's best for him and I have to do what's best for me.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 08:18:36 PM »

A: I talked to him one time and he told me to wait to see who gets the coaching job at Marquette.

A: Crean apologized. He explained to me why he left. i just would have wanted to know ahead of time but he didn't even know what he was going to do. He has to do what's best for him and I have to do what's best for me.

Which player is that related to?

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 08:21:48 PM »

Taylor's conversation with Zagoria

Chicos, u are an IU alum.......escalate  ;D

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 08:31:51 PM »

Taylor's conversation with Zagoria

Chicos, u are an IU alum.......escalate  ;D

I'm going to

sigep80

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 11:23:36 AM »
IN the Jamil Wilson update, they also mentioned that Traitor Crean called the day the IU job was announced.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 11:33:52 AM »
Crean also talked to MU recruit Roger Franklin according to Rivals... he's breaking self imposed sanctions left and right apparently

http://marquette.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=795107

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008, 11:35:34 AM »
TC can not go see a recruit or have recruits come to Bloomington is my understanding.  He can call or text, there have been numerous reports of him calling players.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 11:38:50 AM »
TC can not go see a recruit or have recruits come to Bloomington is my understanding.  He can call or text, there have been numerous reports of him calling players.

No texting allowed

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 11:41:33 AM »
Getting TT would be a nice save by Buzz, and actually be a step towards building some positive momentum with the program. Hurley has come off terribly in this process---but he is highly regarded as a coach who demands his kids play defense and are fundamentally sound. There is also no doubt he'll be used to playing hard. "Miracle at St. Anthony's" is a really good book that closely follows a season at St. Anthony's. Somewhat like Season on the Brink did with IU. I think they are making a movie based upon the book.

feedback