* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by THRILLHO
[Today at 09:50:17 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by warriorchick
[Today at 07:14:15 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by WhiteTrash
[Today at 01:04:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big East Awards Announced  (Read 4897 times)

kryza

• Team Captain
Big East Awards Announced
« on: March 12, 2013, 04:00:07 PM »
BE Rookie of the Year: Jakarr Sampson
BE Coach of the Year: JTIII
BE POY: Otto Porter

https://twitter.com/BigEastMBB

Live awards ceremony: http://www.bigeast.org/Sports/MensBasketball/2013MensBasketballChampionshipCentral.aspx

T-Bone

• All American
Re: Big East Awards Announced
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 04:07:23 PM »
Rats.  But glad it's going to another C7 coach.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 04:09:55 PM »

Truthfully, hard to argue with JT3. Just one more potential little chip on the shoulder.

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 04:20:35 PM »
Was really a two man race, but for f@cks sake, you lose the previous POY and also leagues highest scorer and you still win the conf, all without a first team conf player, while going undefeated at home and having a winning road record. 

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 04:24:18 PM »
Was really a two man race, but for f@cks sake, you lose the previous POY and also leagues highest scorer and you still win the conf, all without a first team conf player, while going undefeated at home and having a winning road record. 

What he said...
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

DCWarriors04

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 04:27:59 PM »
What were others thinking...

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 04:32:20 PM »

What I'm drinking too.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 05:34:56 PM »

Agreed.  What a joke.

As Buzz implied the other day, these continued slights make him ticked off.  This might just be the detonator to some serious fireworks.  Maybe he'll showcase some moves like Jagger throughout the rest of the postseason.  Especially in front of JT3.
Relax. Respect the Process.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 06:02:18 PM »
Agreed.  What a joke.

As Buzz implied the other day, these continued slights make him ticked off.  This might just be the detonator to some serious fireworks.  Maybe he'll showcase some moves like Jagger throughout the rest of the postseason.  Especially in front of JT3.

Spike Lee be warned.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 06:10:05 PM »
Spike Lee be warned.

Otto Porter as well.  Maybe then we'd see what JT3 could do with similar talent to what MU has.  My guess:  Not as much.

hoyasincebirth

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 07:51:50 PM »
Marquette lost their top two players but returned all their other players including 3 seniors(Including locket and Otule here), 4 juniors, and 3 starters.

Georgetown lost their top 3 scorers and had no seniors,only 2 juniors, and only 2 starters.

The Hoyas lost their 2nd best player two games into BE play.

I think Marquette's lack of talent is completely fabricated. Marquette has 5 players who were in the RSCI top 100. Georgetown only has 5 as well. Marquette actually signed two other top 100 talents who transfered. Georgetown signed one additional who is permanently sidelined with a heart issue.

JT3 certainly earned this award.

This is copied from another poster on the Georgetown message board:

"I reviewed the regular season conferences schedules of the league's three 14-4 teams: Georgetown, Louisville, and Marquette. Some interesting facts noted below lead me to conclude that Georgetown's conference record of 14-4 is substantially more impressive than both Louisville's and Marquette's 14-4 conference records.

Combined Conference Records of 2x Opponents

Georgetown 38-34 (Cuse, Quette, SJU, Rutgers)

Marquette 32-40 (Pitt, USF, GTown, SH)

Louisville 28-44 (SH, ND, USF, Cuse)

Combined Conference Records of Away Game Opponents

Georgetown 81-81 (Cuse, Quette, SJU, Rutgers, USF, ND, Cincy, Nova, UConn)

Marquette 78-84 (Pitt, USF, GTown, SH, Cincy, Ville, Nova, Rutgers, SJU)

Louisville 69-93 (SH, ND, USF, Cuse, UConn, Nova, GTown, Rutgers, DePaul)

Relative to Marquette and Louisville, Georgetown had the tougher 2x in-conference matchups and also played tougher competition on the road in conference."

That's more of an argument against Louisville than anything, but Georgetown had the harder schedule even if it was just marginally.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 07:58:37 PM »
Then why was Georgetown picked to finish two spots ahead of Marquette?

Also Lockett was a transfer not a returning player. 

Whittington going down was the best thing that ever happened to Georgetown.  He was a shooter that stagnated the offense.  Smith-Rivera can create his own shot and helped space the floor for Porter to work.  There is a direct correspondence to your offensive efficiency and the loss of Whittington.

All that said...JT3 is deserving.  Just think Buzz was more deserving.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 08:42:26 PM »
Then why was Georgetown picked to finish two spots ahead of Marquette?

Also Lockett was a transfer not a returning player. 

Whittington going down was the best thing that ever happened to Georgetown.  He was a shooter that stagnated the offense.  Smith-Rivera can create his own shot and helped space the floor for Porter to work.  There is a direct correspondence to your offensive efficiency and the loss of Whittington.

All that said...JT3 is deserving.  Just think Buzz was more deserving.

Let's not feed the troll.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 08:47:12 PM »
If Otto Porter were on Marquette, Buzz would have coached the team to 19 wins in the conference.

that's what I said.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 08:49:22 PM »
If Otto Porter were on Marquette, Buzz would have coached the team to 19 wins in the conference.

that's what I said.

+1.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 08:56:30 PM »
Marquette lost their top two players but returned all their other players including 3 seniors(Including locket and Otule here), 4 juniors, and 3 starters.

Georgetown lost their top 3 scorers and had no seniors,only 2 juniors, and only 2 starters.

The Hoyas lost their 2nd best player two games into BE play.

I think Marquette's lack of talent is completely fabricated. Marquette has 5 players who were in the RSCI top 100. Georgetown only has 5 as well. Marquette actually signed two other top 100 talents who transfered. Georgetown signed one additional who is permanently sidelined with a heart issue.

JT3 certainly earned this award.

This is copied from another poster on the Georgetown message board:

"I reviewed the regular season conferences schedules of the league's three 14-4 teams: Georgetown, Louisville, and Marquette. Some interesting facts noted below lead me to conclude that Georgetown's conference record of 14-4 is substantially more impressive than both Louisville's and Marquette's 14-4 conference records.

Combined Conference Records of 2x Opponents

Georgetown 38-34 (Cuse, Quette, SJU, Rutgers)

Marquette 32-40 (Pitt, USF, GTown, SH)

Louisville 28-44 (SH, ND, USF, Cuse)

Combined Conference Records of Away Game Opponents

Georgetown 81-81 (Cuse, Quette, SJU, Rutgers, USF, ND, Cincy, Nova, UConn)

Marquette 78-84 (Pitt, USF, GTown, SH, Cincy, Ville, Nova, Rutgers, SJU)

Louisville 69-93 (SH, ND, USF, Cuse, UConn, Nova, GTown, Rutgers, DePaul)

Relative to Marquette and Louisville, Georgetown had the tougher 2x in-conference matchups and also played tougher competition on the road in conference."

That's more of an argument against Louisville than anything, but Georgetown had the harder schedule even if it was just marginally.

Good information.  Your loss of your player midseason was overcome as well.  Buzz did more with less, but you guys had the harder schedule.  Fair points for both sides.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 09:16:37 PM »

He's not a troll.  Valuable contributor over the last several months.  COY could have gone either way. 

chapman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 09:18:57 PM »
He's not a troll.  Valuable contributor over the last several months years.  COY could have gone either way. 

Slight adjustment, and agree.  It's not like this was a gimme.  Porter as POY was a gimme, COY not so much.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 10:55:56 PM »
He's not a troll.  Valuable contributor over the last several months.  COY could have gone either way. 

In general I would agree, but a comment like "I think Marquette's lack of talent is completely fabricated" is clearly trolling for a reaction.  It would have been the equivalent of us going over to GU's boards, had the tables been turned, and saying "JT3 was lucky that he had Porter - without him, this team clearly would have sucked."  Which would have absolutely have been trolling, IMO.

I'm just calling the comment for what it was.

hoyasincebirth

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 10:58:55 PM »
Slight adjustment, and agree.  It's not like this was a gimme.  Porter as POY was a gimme, COY not so much.

Agreed this was definitely a toss up. With 15 voters wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't an 8vs 7 decision(more like 6-5-2-1-1 likely but still) I'd be surprised if there was more than 2 vote difference between Buzz and JT3.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 12:22:50 AM »

Troll? Guy laid out a fair argument. JT III is a solid coach. I wouldn't say Buzz is better. I am glad there will be a coach like Thomson in our new conference. After all, that was what made the original BE great. The guy from GU is hardly a troll.

Death on call

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 05:43:10 AM »
Ah, the voters must have been watching ESPN this last weekend. Georgetown DID appear to win the league outright.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 11:01:02 AM »
Troll? Guy laid out a fair argument. JT III is a solid coach. I wouldn't say Buzz is better. I am glad there will be a coach like Thomson in our new conference. After all, that was what made the original BE great. The guy from GU is hardly a troll.

I know your apricot scarf might be a little too tight this morning, but read my post two above yours to see what part was trolling. Anyone who claims that MU's comparative lack of talent is pure fabrication is trolling with that comment.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 11:22:25 AM »
I know your apricot scarf might be a little too tight this morning, but read my post two above yours to see what part was trolling. Anyone who claims that MU's comparative lack of talent is pure fabrication is trolling with that comment.

I know your panties are usually too tight and get wedged between your flabby ass cheeks but anyone who suggests Marquette lacks talent is wrong. The guy from GU correctly points out Marquette has plenty of talent. We are arguably the deepest team in the conference. we may not have the best 5 but we certainly have the best 10.

Death on call

The Process

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 11:30:35 AM »
I know your panties are usually too tight and get wedged between your flabby ass cheeks but anyone who suggests Marquette lacks talent is wrong. The guy from GU correctly points out Marquette has plenty of talent. We are arguably the deepest team in the conference. we may not have the best 5 but we certainly have the best 10.

It's so cute when you try to imply I'm fat. It's creepy, though, that you're picturing what my backside looks like.

MU doesn't have a single first team all conference player. That's a fact. When people talk about a talent deficiency they talk about top end talent. Game changing talent. Porter is an example of that talent. We don't have that, plain and simple.

You sound like you need a hug.

feedback