collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Protests  (Read 76320 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Re: Protests
« Reply #700 on: June 09, 2020, 01:17:28 PM »
You are correct, but organizations like Susan G Komen are also corrupt.....Their throughput on dollars donated is less than 30% and they sue lots and lots of people.

I believe it’s even worse when the NFL got involved. Wasn’t only like 10% of that merchandise sales going to cancer research?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #701 on: June 09, 2020, 01:22:35 PM »
Well they will claim that it is for "cancer awareness."  Like people aren't aware of cancer or something.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #702 on: June 09, 2020, 02:00:48 PM »
You're probably right, but one of the things talked about is an enthusiasm gap....if Trump can increase enthusiasm by rallying around the spector of Defunding and Biden is milquetoast (per the AOC crowd) on defunding that decreases the enthusiasm on the left.....that can't be a good thing.

Normally, Eng, I would say that you are 100% correct.

But the #1 driver of enthusiasm on the left is getting trump out of office. That absolutely will not change before November - in fact, it will probably intensify considering the scorched earth campaign that he will run.

Also, it will be very clear that de-funding the police does not mean getting rid of police. Camden NJ has seen a large decrease in crime (murder, rape, robbery, assault, burglary, larceny, and auto theft) since de-funding their police dept. To be clear, the drop in unemployment also contributed to the drop.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #703 on: June 09, 2020, 02:02:05 PM »
It's a fair question, but if I'm advising the Biden campaign, I'm far more worried about losing white suburban voters and swing state moderates who might recoil over "defund" rhetoric than I am worried about losing the far left wing. The left wing, at worst, might stay home. But a vote that stays home is better than a vote that goes to Trump.
And ultimately I think the hard left's abhorrence for Trump will have most of them turning out just to vote against him. Especially if Biden picks Kamala Harris as his running mate, which seems likely.

I agree with you, and hope that's how he plays it.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #704 on: June 09, 2020, 02:59:34 PM »

But the #1 driver of enthusiasm on the left is getting trump out of office. That absolutely will not change before November - in fact, it will probably intensify considering the scorched earth campaign that he will run.

Also, it will be very clear that de-funding the police does not mean getting rid of police. Camden NJ has seen a large decrease in crime (murder, rape, robbery, assault, burglary, larceny, and auto theft) since de-funding their police dept. To be clear, the drop in unemployment also contributed to the drop.

Yeah, conceptually it makes sense and I'm not sure I agree with the position I supposing, more talking it out than anything.

But the defund the police phrase is just really bad politics. Defund literally means to remove all funding, and watching some of the mental gymnastics people have to go through to "validate" that phrase. It's an extreme example but that's like calling it forced pregnancy instead of pro-life. There are some that might mean it literally, but the vast majority of folks that support it include myself don't mean it literally so why use it?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #705 on: June 09, 2020, 03:38:18 PM »
Yeah, conceptually it makes sense and I'm not sure I agree with the position I supposing, more talking it out than anything.

But the defund the police phrase is just really bad politics. Defund literally means to remove all funding, and watching some of the mental gymnastics people have to go through to "validate" that phrase. It's an extreme example but that's like calling it forced pregnancy instead of pro-life. There are some that might mean it literally, but the vast majority of folks that support it include myself don't mean it literally so why use it?
The left generally sucks at messaging.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #706 on: June 09, 2020, 03:39:46 PM »

The word they chose is terrible. What they want to do is RE-fund the police.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #707 on: June 09, 2020, 03:56:47 PM »
It is being reported that the White House is currently preparing a speech on race relations. And it is being crafted by...wait for it...Stephen Miller.

https://twitter.com/AprilDRyan/status/1270433974934999041?s=19

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2019/11/12/stephen-millers-affinity-white-nationalism-revealed-leaked-emails

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #708 on: June 09, 2020, 04:00:05 PM »
The left generally sucks at messaging.

Considering that anything that can't fit on a bumper stick is too complex for most on the left, I agree with you.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #709 on: June 09, 2020, 04:05:54 PM »
Considering that anything that can't fit on a bumper stick is too complex for most on the left, I agree with you.

Hoax!

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #710 on: June 09, 2020, 04:08:19 PM »

I dare anyone to walk the streets of Camden after dark.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #711 on: June 09, 2020, 04:20:51 PM »

Crime can't go up statistically if there is no one to report the crime to.

#Nowledge
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #712 on: June 09, 2020, 04:22:18 PM »
It is being reported that the White House is currently preparing a speech on race relations. And it is being crafted by...wait for it...Stephen Miller.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2019/11/12/stephen-millers-affinity-white-nationalism-revealed-leaked-emails

I mean, technically, a speech espousing white nationalism is still a speech about race

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #713 on: June 09, 2020, 04:30:28 PM »

It still has a ways to go, but it is dramatically safer than just a few short years ago, when it was named the most dangerous city in America. Given where it started - yeah, it's still gonna have a level of danger that most of us would never want to face. But you have to start somewhere, and it is moving in the right direction.

Here's a link to the ten-year trend for many violent crimes, with stats from the NJ Attorney General:

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/camden/sections/law-and-justice/articles/camden-sees-crime-drop-over-past-decade

In ten years, an overall 41% drop in the crimes listed, with a 32% drop in murders. In fact, every category except rape and auto theft had a drop of more than 25%. That still isn't a place I'd want to live...but it's a whole lot more livable for the people already there.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #714 on: June 09, 2020, 04:36:46 PM »

Will it leave George Floyd smiling?

shoothoops

• All American

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #716 on: June 09, 2020, 05:11:48 PM »

Black people really scare you that much?

Pakuni

• All American

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #718 on: June 09, 2020, 05:46:33 PM »

I wish that gif was longer, I'm curious how far she actually rolls.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #719 on: June 09, 2020, 05:49:09 PM »

I assume she won because she got it across the red line?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #720 on: June 09, 2020, 05:49:31 PM »
Why yes, it is the left that are simpletons

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #721 on: June 09, 2020, 06:13:18 PM »

The left is sooooo dumb.
Also, the left has seized control of the media, academia, the scientific community, government institutions, the national intelligence community, the entertainment industry and our major cities.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #722 on: June 09, 2020, 06:18:21 PM »
The left is sooooo dumb.
Also, the left has seized control of the media, academia, the scientific community, government institutions, the national intelligence community, the entertainment industry and our major cities.

You're paying attention!  Good for you.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #723 on: June 09, 2020, 06:25:32 PM »
The left is sooooo dumb.

If that’s what dumb means, sign me up!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #724 on: June 09, 2020, 06:31:07 PM »

Awwww, you owned me.

feedback