collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Protests  (Read 76353 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Protests
« Reply #475 on: June 05, 2020, 07:19:57 PM »
Fox focusing on what's important.

So is the President. I mean honestly how disgusting do you have to be to talk about George Floyd looking down and smiling because of the great news of job increases in America last month? Truly sick.

(And since MAGAs will jump all over me and say I’m rooting for our economy to fail just to make Donald Trump look bad...nope! I’m glad jobs went up last month. I don’t think the only comments Trump makes on the situation being to pump up his own status is healthy at all.)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #476 on: June 05, 2020, 08:05:49 PM »
So is the President. I mean honestly how disgusting do you have to be to talk about George Floyd looking down and smiling because of the great news of job increases in America last month? Truly sick.

That's not what he said, he reference the economy previously but he name checked Floyd in reference to his perception that we made big strides in equality this week. It was a tasteless comment anyway we don't need to make crap up to boot.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #477 on: June 05, 2020, 08:29:51 PM »

focus?  yeah, that's all they talked about all day sully ::)  this country needs a little bit of good news, but you guys want all bad...gee, i wonder why

#don'tbepartoftheproblem
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #478 on: June 05, 2020, 08:38:16 PM »

focus?  yeah, that's all they talked about all day sully ::)  this country needs a little bit of good news, but you guys want all bad...gee, i wonder why

#don'tbepartoftheproblem

Seriously?  It’s great news that unemployment and the S&P are rebounding. But to compare it historically to when other black people have been gunned down or been in the news is flat out disgusting.

And if you don’t understand that, you are part of the problem. “Hey the black guy may have been killed, BUT LOOK AT THE S&P!!!”
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #479 on: June 05, 2020, 08:42:35 PM »
That's not what he said, he reference the economy previously but he name checked Floyd in reference to his perception that we made big strides in equality this week. It was a tasteless comment anyway we don't need to make crap up to boot.

He was rambling back and forth...starting with the economy, switching to the protests, and then throwing in the comment about it being a great day for George. So maybe it was in reference to the protests or maybe it wasn’t, but even the more ‘charitable’ interpretation is a pretty fu€ked up comment.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #480 on: June 05, 2020, 09:01:38 PM »

He was rambling back and forth...starting with the economy, switching to the protests, and then throwing in the comment about it being a great day for George. So maybe it was in reference to the protests or maybe it wasn’t, but even the more ‘charitable’ interpretation is a pretty fu€ked up comment.

He’s an idiot.  Anyone defending him has their heads buried so far in the sand, they should be embarrassed.  Take the L.  Conservatism can stand strong post-Trump.  He isn’t a conservative and he’s not worth defending.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #481 on: June 05, 2020, 09:04:39 PM »

Yeah if I misinterpreted it then I apologize but, as usual, it was a little hard to follow along if he was saying George would be proud of the protests. He talked about the economy, then said a couple sentences about needing equality, said it’s a great day for George and then talked about the economic bill he’s passing now.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #482 on: June 05, 2020, 09:06:46 PM »

#don'tbepartoftheproblem

Dude ... they're telling their viewers that awful events for black Americans are good for 401ks.
#FoxNewsistheproblem

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #483 on: June 05, 2020, 09:20:02 PM »

#don'tbepartoftheproblem

You're so so tone deaf.

The good news about this graphic is that if we want the economy to go up all we have to do is sacrifice more black people!

#FINanciALsolution

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #484 on: June 05, 2020, 09:34:21 PM »
Dude ... they're telling their viewers that awful events for black Americans are good for 401ks.
#FoxNewsistheproblem

No they weren’t but your networks of “ experts”  were predicting 20 million unemployed, inflated numbers...blah blah so by celebrating bad upon all of our country translates to being more what?  And it looks to me like there have been “bad events”:for a lot more than African Americans   I’ve seen a lot of suffering, injuries, loss of businesses and pain to Asians, Hispanics, Greeks, French, Chinese, Japanese Canadians...oh, and even caucasians

#tunnelvision
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #485 on: June 05, 2020, 09:35:50 PM »
Conservatism can stand strong post-Trump.  He isn’t a conservative and he’s not worth defending.
I'm not so sure. Who's left in the Republican party that is actually a conservative? Mitt Romney maybe? The R's are now the party of Trumpism. McConnell, Graham, McCarthy...they've all backed Trump 100%. I doubt the base, who has been thrown increasingly bloody red meat for the last 10 years, is going to let them go back to being traditional conservatives in the mold of George Will, Bob Dole, or John McCain.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #486 on: June 05, 2020, 09:40:20 PM »
I'm not so sure. Who's left in the Republican party that is actually a conservative? Mitt Romney maybe? The R's are now the party of Trumpism. McConnell, Graham, McCarthy...they've all backed Trump 100%. I doubt the base, who has been thrown increasingly bloody red meat for the last 10 years, is going to let them go back to being traditional conservatives in the mold of George Will, Bob Dole, or John McCain.

I said it can.  Will it?  They have a choice
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #487 on: June 05, 2020, 09:47:25 PM »
No they weren’t but your networks of “ experts”  were predicting 20 million unemployed, inflated numbers...blah blah so by celebrating bad upon all of our country translates to being more what?  And it looks to me like there have been “bad events”:for a lot more than African Americans   I’ve seen a lot of suffering, injuries, loss of businesses and pain to Asians, Hispanics, Greeks, French, Chinese, Japanese Canadians...oh, and even caucasians

#tunnelvision

Lots of Caucasians getting murdered by cops just for being Caucasian. We’ll give you a second - or a decade - and maybe you can come up with an example, and then we can have a vigil.

We’ve seen a lot of effed up shyte  this past week, and that graphic might have been the biggest example of effed up shyte we’ve seen.

So the point Trump News is trying to make is that every time there has been a high-profile case of brutal treatment of a black person, it’s good for the market ... and lucky for everyone, this one was the best yet?

And here’s hoping a new record can be set next time ...  which will probably be next week. Yay!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #488 on: June 05, 2020, 09:56:54 PM »

#don'tbepartoftheproblem

If you think a graphic showing that the stock market going up after high profile black deaths you are most definitely part of the problem and an awful human being.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #489 on: June 05, 2020, 10:02:16 PM »

#tunnelvision

Rocket, the other networks weren't predicting 20 million unemployed, all major economists including government organizations, regardless of political affiliation or bias, were predicting that number. It was a shock where it came in, which is why the stock market did so well. Every news organization I saw positively reported on the unemployment numbers as a major story.

Only 1 network thought it was a good idea to put up a graphic showing how assassinations or police brutality against African Americans, correlates with an increase in the S&P500. This is one of the times where everyone should agree, that was appalling and moronic. Zero justification for such an action.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #490 on: June 05, 2020, 10:33:01 PM »
Not only was that graphic reprehensible for all the reasons already discussed, but it was stoopid.

I mean, who would even think of such a weird, creepy correlation?

Why leave out dozens of other high-profile cases? Where was Breanna Taylor? Tamir Rice? Eric Garner? Philando Castile? Did the performance of the market not matter those days? How did the market do after Malcolm X was assassinated?

What point could Trump News possibly have been trying to make with that graphic? "With any luck, we'll get another great day for our 401k next a cop chokes the life out of a black person on national TV!"

Maybe we need to check what the market did each day Trump has said or done something racist. It would be about as relevant. Oh wait ... that would be too damn many days to track, so never mind.

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
« Reply #491 on: June 06, 2020, 01:02:45 AM »
He’s an idiot.  Anyone defending him has their heads buried so far in the sand, they should be embarrassed.  Take the L.  Conservatism can stand strong post-Trump.  He isn’t a conservative and he’s not worth defending.

Exactly! Trump is not conservative he is a facist idiot

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #492 on: June 06, 2020, 07:08:36 AM »
Rocket, the other networks weren't predicting 20 million unemployed, all major economists including government organizations, regardless of political affiliation or bias, were predicting that number. It was a shock where it came in, which is why the stock market did so well. Every news organization I saw positively reported on the unemployment numbers as a major story.

Only 1 network thought it was a good idea to put up a graphic showing how assassinations or police brutality against African Americans, correlates with an increase in the S&P500. This is one of the times where everyone should agree, that was appalling and moronic. Zero justification for such an action.

Exactly.  I think the unemployment and stock market numbers are great!  I hope they last.

But weirdly putting them in this type of comparison was in insanely poor taste.  I would have hoped even rocket would have recognized that, but alas...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #494 on: June 06, 2020, 08:53:49 AM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #495 on: June 06, 2020, 09:28:05 AM »
Here is a rundown of the horrific actions by Charlotte police in breaking up a peaceful protest Tuesday:

A video recorded by Queen City Nerve, an alternative newspaper, appears to show a mass of demonstrators walking near 4th and College streets in uptown when police released chemical agents on the crowd. Protesters turned to go in the other direction, but officers on that side blocked their path, also using chemical agents.

Samuel Walker, a nationally-known criminal justice professor at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, criticized the police practice of containing protesters in a limited area.

“If you want the crowd to disperse, you have to give them an exit route,” Walker said. “If you’ve confined them to an area, they have no place to go. And then you tear gas them? That’s just wrong.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #496 on: June 06, 2020, 09:40:56 AM »
https://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-sets-one-day-personal-record-with-a-staggering-200-twitter-posts-amid-economic-public-health-and-racial-justice-crises/

From the article:

Just before 10:00 p.m., he retweeted a two-day old video of a right-wing pundit dismissing George Floyd as “no hero” and saying that the idea “[Floyd] has been held up as a martyr sickens me.” Minutes later, Trump shared a doctored video about Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden that Politifact has confirmed is false. Trump’s final post in this Friday Twitter deluge involved plugging a book by a black campaign supporter, who has come under ethics scrutiny for running a non-profit that holds dubious “cash giveaways” in African-American communities all while touting Trump to the hopeful attendees.

So let's see:

Just in the space of those 3 tweets (out of the 200 he sent Friday), the Racist In Tweet cheered on disparaging remarks about George Floyd ... the Liar In Tweet shared a fake video of his political enemy ... and the Charlatan In Tweet praised a fellow scam artist.

Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #497 on: June 06, 2020, 09:45:15 AM »
From the article:

This needs to go somewhere else.  St least try to stay on topic 82. 

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #498 on: June 06, 2020, 10:08:18 AM »
Here is a rundown of the horrific actions by Charlotte police in breaking up a peaceful protest Tuesday:

A video recorded by Queen City Nerve, an alternative newspaper, appears to show a mass of demonstrators walking near 4th and College streets in uptown when police released chemical agents on the crowd. Protesters turned to go in the other direction, but officers on that side blocked their path, also using chemical agents.

Samuel Walker, a nationally-known criminal justice professor at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, criticized the police practice of containing protesters in a limited area.

“If you want the crowd to disperse, you have to give them an exit route,” Walker said. “If you’ve confined them to an area, they have no place to go. And then you tear gas them? That’s just wrong.”

the practice known as "kettling"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #499 on: June 06, 2020, 10:44:09 AM »
This needs to go somewhere else.  St least try to stay on topic 82.

Sorry. Meant it for the Protests thread.