collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Protests  (Read 76296 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Protests
« Reply #300 on: June 02, 2020, 07:36:21 PM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #301 on: June 02, 2020, 07:45:10 PM »
As the legal scholars have said throughout today, he has the power.  If he chose to do it and Congress stepped in, the likely actions to stop him would be after his desired effect.   I don't support the move, but legal scholars are not supporting the opinions here.  As for precedent, the Insurrection Act has been used at least 12 times and a governor does not need to ask permission for the President to do this on his own. The text is clear.

Just what every Tea Partier wanted - a militant federal government. I'll wait patiently for them all to stand up for their deeply held belief system that was definitely not angst at a black guy taking 'their spot' in the big house.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #302 on: June 02, 2020, 08:14:36 PM »
Military aircraft used against Americans. Soldiers with bayonets for use against Americans.

If and when any member of the military kills an American, all bets are off. I pray that our military leaders are smart enough to not allow this, but the Defense sec. is a militant Trump toady.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #303 on: June 02, 2020, 08:41:33 PM »
The video clips on reddit of unprovoked attacks make me sad

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #304 on: June 02, 2020, 08:46:11 PM »
When you've lost Pat Robertson...

@RightWingWatch: Pat Robertson tells Trump that his response to the George Floyd protests "isn't cool." https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1267891912910012417/video/1
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 08:48:46 PM by Pakuni »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #305 on: June 02, 2020, 08:49:21 PM »
https://adw.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/06/060220-ADW-Press-Release.pdf

The Archbishop of DC is not happy with Trump and the Knights of Columbus.
According to the National Catholic Reporter, the head of the Knights once worked for Jesse Helms.

KofC is home based here in New Haven.  They are the first high rise you see getting off I95 & I91 downtown.  They are all about getting Father McGinley sainted for founding them.  Had two friends work at the HQ previously and both said it was the worst job they every had.  Extremely by the book strict about everything. 

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #306 on: June 02, 2020, 08:57:09 PM »
Military aircraft used against Americans. Soldiers with bayonets for use against Americans.

If and when any member of the military kills an American, all bets are off. I pray that our military leaders are smart enough to not allow this, but the Defense sec. is a militant Trump toady.

Secretary of Defense has to issue orders through the Combantant Commands, for the continental US that is USNORTHCOM commanded by Terrence O'Shaughnessy, a Viper pilot(Keefe may know him) and while I wouldn't want to be him I can't imagine he would follow an order to deploy combat units on US soil over the objection of the local authorities.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #307 on: June 02, 2020, 08:58:52 PM »
KofC is home based here in New Haven.  They are the first high rise you see getting off I95 & I91 downtown.  They are all about getting Father McGinley sainted for founding them.  Had two friends work at the HQ previously and both said it was the worst job they every had.  Extremely by the book strict about everything.

One of new havens many Brutalist buildings.  I find it to be quite depressing, unlike Barbican in London. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #308 on: June 02, 2020, 09:02:43 PM »
Secretary of Defense has to issue orders through the Combantant Commands, for the continental US that is USNORTHCOM commanded by Terrence O'Shaughnessy, a Viper pilot(Keefe may know him) and while I wouldn't want to be him I can't imagine he would follow an order to deploy combat units on US soil over the objection of the local authorities.

I imagine Jockey may be speaking about this:

@DCGuard1802: DCNG Commanding General has directed an investigation into the actions of our rotary aviation assets June 1. Our priority is the safety of our Guardsmen who support civil authorities. We are dedicated to ensuring the safety of citizens and their right to protest.

Speaking of the Secretary of Defense, should we be happy that he now realizes what a clusterf*ck yesterday's photo op was, or concerned that this was the best excuse he could come up with?

@NBCNews: NEW: Defense Sec. Esper asserts to @NBCNews that he had no advance notice before Pres. Trump led him and other officials to St. John’s Episcopal Church for a photo-op: “I thought I was going to do two things: to see some damage and to talk to the troops" https://nbcnews.to/2XW6unr

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #309 on: June 02, 2020, 09:05:01 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #310 on: June 02, 2020, 09:09:28 PM »
Don't feed the troll.

Good advice. He eats with his mouth open and it’s kinda disgusting!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #311 on: June 02, 2020, 09:30:40 PM »
One of new havens many Brutalist buildings.  I find it to be quite depressing, unlike Barbican in London.

Barbican works cause it’s so well done and it’s kind of an anomaly in a city/area without tons of brutalist structures. But if you get somewhere with tons of brutalist buildings, like NH, it’s awful to look at

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #312 on: June 02, 2020, 09:32:21 PM »
Yikes.

@will_doran: Video shows Wake County deputies walking toward a queer bar in Raleigh and shooting at the owner, yelling “the game is over”

Deputies defended their actions, saying he had been handing out water and first aid to protesters and needed to be stopped. https://trib.al/9Pmlfdj

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #313 on: June 02, 2020, 09:38:59 PM »
Barbican works cause it’s so well done and it’s kind of an anomaly in a city/area without tons of brutalist structures. But if you get somewhere with tons of brutalist buildings, like NH, it’s awful to look at

For me it’s the fact the barbican has life.  Apartments, flowers, etc.  new haven it’s all museums, office buildings and parking garages. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #314 on: June 02, 2020, 09:45:49 PM »
Don't feed the troll.
Banhammer the troll sockpuppeting to circumvent his most recent ban.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #315 on: June 02, 2020, 10:16:20 PM »
This is patently untrue when looking at major metros that have been in question.  By their late 20s, NYPD officers are making mid 80s as a base.  CPD in the mid to high 70s.  Milwaukee a bit lower but not much.  Excellent benefits.  Thats not counting overtime.  There have been stories in both Chicago and NYC over the last 5 years about how many officers end up clearing 6 figures when all is said and done.  They arent hedge funders, but they make more than acceptable incomes.  These aren't lowly public servants making peanuts.

Well I'll be darned. That's what I get for not doing my homework.  I have seen it suggested that a key way to get oversight reforms through would be (at least in part) in the union negotiating process.  But I made dumb assumptions about income levels to get there.  With numbers like those, there may not be much money to use as a bargaining chip.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #316 on: June 02, 2020, 10:43:43 PM »
Strange that the newest home grown terror group wasn't actually responsible. (Not that there really is an organization). Nice to see the FBI still actually doing their job.

The FBI Finds ‘No Intel Indicating Antifa Involvement’ in Sunday’s Violence
https://www.thenation.com/article/activism/antifa-trump-fbi/

MU82

• All American
« Reply #317 on: June 02, 2020, 11:27:46 PM »
Strange that the newest home grown terror group wasn't actually responsible. (Not that there really is an organization). Nice to see the FBI still actually doing their job.

The FBI Finds ‘No Intel Indicating Antifa Involvement’ in Sunday’s Violence
https://www.thenation.com/article/activism/antifa-trump-fbi/

Yeah, but The Deep State controls the FBI.

Yikes.

@will_doran: Video shows Wake County deputies walking toward a queer bar in Raleigh and shooting at the owner, yelling “the game is over”

Deputies defended their actions, saying he had been handing out water and first aid to protesters and needed to be stopped. https://trib.al/9Pmlfdj

Oh no! Handing out water!! No wonder the cops were shooting!!!!!

Trump's America, a welcoming place for all.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #318 on: June 02, 2020, 11:32:49 PM »
For me it’s the fact the barbican has life.  Apartments, flowers, etc.  new haven it’s all museums, office buildings and parking garages.

Agreed. The water features, especially, within Barbican have always moved me.

Well I'll be darned. That's what I get for not doing my homework.  I have seen it suggested that a key way to get oversight reforms through would be (at least in part) in the union negotiating process.  But I made dumb assumptions about income levels to get there.  With numbers like those, there may not be much money to use as a bargaining chip.

All good. But yea, there are some union pushes that they could still work, but pure income levels aren’t one.

My former uncle (via divorce) is a retired CPD Lieutenant and most of my cousins’ family on his side are CPD. He’s been very comfortable financially, even now in retirement. Most of the family live in Ravenswood and his cousins drive 3 Series cause they easily clear 100K with overtime.

That’s not a dig on them at all, it’s an incredible tough and stressful job and I don’t bemoan their comp, but I certainly don’t think they are struggling financially

🏀

• All American
« Reply #319 on: June 03, 2020, 06:00:57 AM »
Banhammer the troll sockpuppeting to circumvent his most recent ban.

Always seemed to be the appropriate measure considering he trolls his way into a new ban.

At least have him make up a fake sobbing story of death and how he will be better next time.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #320 on: June 03, 2020, 08:30:51 AM »

My wife, the art teacher, refers to Butalism as Disgusting Soviet Style Buildings.

My kid just finished a 20th Century Art class where Brutalism was discussed at some point.  While working from home, she asked my wife why anyone would want to build anything in that style and my wife said that "at the time it seemed contemporary, modern and different".
Damn, the style did not age well.  I think it's the main reason the New Haven Mausoleum Coliseum was torn down.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #321 on: June 03, 2020, 08:47:57 AM »
Cuomo threatens to displace De Blasio for his incompetence with the peaceful protests..  Been a bad few months for New York’s leaders.

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-ny-governor-cuomo-threatens-to-displace-mayor-de-blasio-and-bring-in-the-national-guard
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #322 on: June 03, 2020, 10:17:14 AM »
Do you know what precedent is? Legal scholars can claim whatever they want is possible but the current precedent is that the only time the Insurrection Act has been invoked without local authority approval(state, county, or city) is during the Civil War which was.....wait for it....an Insurrection. So Trump could certainly invoke the Insurrection Act and order the army in but without precedent the army could refuse to obey the order as unlawful (maybe it is, maybe it isn't....again precedent hasn't been set in this scenario) and/or the local authorities could seek an immediate injunction with the SCOTUS which they would would expedite a hearing on. But no matter what the evaluation of your experts is proof of nothing. He can try but he does not necessarily have the power.

Eng this statement by Esper makes me think the military (below the civilian leaders) thinks similarly about This as you do.  You don’t contradict Trump This publicly unless you have an angry workforce. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/politics/esper-insurrection-act-protests/index.html

tower912

• All American
« Reply #323 on: June 03, 2020, 10:21:09 AM »
Police chief here walking with peaceful protestors today.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #324 on: June 03, 2020, 10:43:37 AM »
Eng this statement by Esper makes me think the military (below the civilian leaders) thinks similarly about This as you do.  You don’t contradict Trump This publicly unless you have an angry workforce. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/politics/esper-insurrection-act-protests/index.html

These last 3 1/2 years, these kinds of statements often have been the first step in a Trump underling getting the heave-ho. President Pandemic likes bootlickers and yes-men.

feedback