'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: McNeal in street clothes  (Read 3071 times)

NotAnAlum

• All American
McNeal in street clothes
« on: October 31, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
McNeal didn't play at the scrimmage tonight.  Anybody know why?  Also surprised they didn't let McMorrow play

HarryBalczak

• Walk-On
Re: McNeal in street clothes
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 11:05:04 PM »
McNeal has a cold or strep throat and I think Liam is still being held back from the stress issue with his foot or leg.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 11:10:10 PM »
Buzz said Jerel had strep and he's saving him for a Sunday scrimmage. Liam was still wearing a boot at the fish fry despite later playing in warm ups.

All in all a fun night.  Buzz is his own man.  Very real, hope he succeeds b/c he really seems like a good dude.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 09:09:41 AM »
We did not attend the fish fry so we, too were surprised by Jmc in street clothes.   We asked one of the trainers and he confirmed that Jmc was ill.
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 11:10:29 AM »
Buzz said Jerel had strep and he's saving him for a Sunday scrimmage. Liam was still wearing a boot at the fish fry despite later playing in warm ups.

All in all a fun night.  Buzz is his own man.  Very real, hope he succeeds b/c he really seems like a good dude.

People like Buzz usually succeed given the right circumstance, I have no doubts that MU will be better off with Buzz leading the team.  Basketball is Basketball, respect and commitment amongst the players is most important and he seems to get that from recruits and players.  Everyone seems to buy into what he does and says.  If he continues to land talent like he has this past year MU will be in great shape. 

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 12:53:08 PM »
MU Athletics has a nice pic of Jerel up sitting with Coach Raymonds.

http://www.marquetteimages.com/viewphoto.php?albumId=68345&imageId=2603179
SS Marquette

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 01:00:54 PM »
that's a great picture.
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 04:08:05 PM »

Everyone is hoping he succeeds.  They wouldn't be MU fans if they didn't.  I just hope the man can coach.  Watching UW-Madison's football program right now are the things that make me worried. 

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 10:33:22 AM »
Chico's---The UW football situation has me worried as well. I just discussed that topic with my son last night. The bad part is UW can recoup in football quicker than MU can in bball. I am NOT being a buzz-kill here, just stating the stakes are much higher for MU than UW football and that is saying a lot.

This football season at UW could send them back 3-4 years if they do not make a move and make it now. I hope they do not.

I really wish you had not made the UW football comparison because I am more spooked out that you mentioned it. MU made a similar hire in 1978 and it took 25 years to get 75% of the success back.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 03:40:31 PM »
Chico's---The UW football situation has me worried as well. I just discussed that topic with my son last night. The bad part is UW can recoup in football quicker than MU can in bball. I am NOT being a buzz-kill here, just stating the stakes are much higher for MU than UW football and that is saying a lot.

This football season at UW could send them back 3-4 years if they do not make a move and make it now. I hope they do not.

I really wish you had not made the UW football comparison because I am more spooked out that you mentioned it. MU made a similar hire in 1978 and it took 25 years to get 75% of the success back.

I actually think it's easier to recoup in basketball.  It takes less players and only 1 or 2 to turn the ship.  But watching them hire someone internally and absolutely crap the bed in his first head coaching gig is a bit unnerving. 

Doesn't have ANYTHING to do with what Buzz will do.  Each is his own man and the programs are totally different. Nevertheless, I'd be less than honest if the thought doesn't cross my mind.  This year should be a layup for Buzz....let's hope it's a springboard for many successful years.