[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is Jeronne Maymon MU's best recruiter?  (Read 3349 times)

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Is Jeronne Maymon MU's best recruiter?
« on: October 28, 2008, 03:02:01 PM »
he texted Buycks through his commitment process.....now, Maymon being on an IS8 team is paying dividends for MU -- Roseboro, continued strong interest from 2010's Tobias Harris, and now interest from Mount Vernon's Sherrod Wright.

http://zsmart.blogspot.com/2008/10/price-is-wright.html

ā€œIā€™d say Marquette, Providence, and Pittsburgh are the Big East schools that are really going heavy right now,ā€ said Wright,
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:07:06 PM by NYWarrior »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Is Jeronne Maymon MU's best recruiter?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 11:05:47 PM »
Wow. Maymon's all over the place! I still think we'll see his name in a future Roseboro interview! :)

FWIW, I sure hope Jonathan Mitchell will tell Wright: "Dude, I spurned an opportunity to play for MU in the Big East and went to FL. Now, I'm glad I'm back home AND in the Big East...but at Rutgers.

Don't make the same mistake I made!"
SS Marquette

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 09:37:07 AM »
was never quite sure why we were not recruiting the heck out of this kid.  well maybe now it appears we are.  get him in here and get a commitment and our class is done and is amazing!!!!!!!!!

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 09:39:19 AM »
Isn't Tobias Harris Maymon's teammate from a club team? If so, maybe having Maymon around would ease his transition to BE bball a little bit and make him that much better of a get.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 09:49:26 AM »
Maybe we can get Earl Tatum to put in a good word for us. I'm pretty sure he was from Mt. Vernon. This would be MU's top class ever if we can get Wright.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 09:53:20 AM »
Maybe we can get Earl Tatum to put in a good word for us. I'm pretty sure he was from Mt. Vernon. This would be MU's top class ever if we can get Wright.

He is from Mt Vernon, but I think Tatum lives in the Milwaukee area now.  Unfortunately, Earl's heritage didn't help with Crean's efforts to land Jonathan Mitchell a few years ago.

shaquilvaine

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 12:01:32 PM »
You gotta wonder if Mitchell is kicking himself.  He played minimal minutes for the gators and passed up an opportunity to play for a program in Milwaukee that has 26 career NCAA tourney appearances, and is now going to play for Rutgers who has been to the big dance a total of six times in their history of division one basketball. 

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 12:08:19 PM »
You gotta wonder if Mitchell is kicking himself.  He played minimal minutes for the gators and passed up an opportunity to play for a program in Milwaukee that has 26 career NCAA tourney appearances, and is now going to play for Rutgers who has been to the big dance a total of six times in their history of division one basketball. 

Of course, he did win a national title for his troubles in Gainesville.

nola03

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 01:32:23 PM »
Maymon has been a bit of a pied piper on the recruiting trail. It's too bad that we seem to be losing a grip on Tobias Harris as he spurned our midnight festivities to attend the one at Syracuse (and seemed to fall in love). I thought getting Harris in for the weekend was a near coup by Buzz as I feel landing Harris would be 567 foot grand slam.

As for Wright, his talent is undeniable yet we seem to be pushing hard on Colvin to take up that last spot. I also don't understand the linking with Jamel Jackson. First, his academics are a disaster and I don't think he'd get into MU or last at MU. Secondly, full well knowing what he needed to do in summer school to get into Seton Hall he still failed to reach the mandate. That brings up a lot of questions.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 02:12:04 PM »
Maymon has been a bit of a pied piper on the recruiting trail. It's too bad that we seem to be losing a grip on Tobias Harris as he spurned our midnight festivities to attend the one at Syracuse (and seemed to fall in love). I thought getting Harris in for the weekend was a near coup by Buzz as I feel landing Harris would be 567 foot grand slam.

As for Wright, his talent is undeniable yet we seem to be pushing hard on Colvin to take up that last spot. I also don't understand the linking with Jamel Jackson. First, his academics are a disaster and I don't think he'd get into MU or last at MU. Secondly, full well knowing what he needed to do in summer school to get into Seton Hall he still failed to reach the mandate. That brings up a lot of questions.

Harris was at MU's elite camp over the summer. It would have been nice if he would have made it to Madness, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. I highly doubt that he makes a decision very soon. Every time I read a recruiting article about Harris, his list of schools expands by 2 or 3. Right now, I think he list over 20 schools that are currently recruiting him.

I agree with you on Jamel Jackson. Major red flags in his academic background.