[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by brewcity77
[Today at 04:24:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 12:46:07 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Roseboro to MU--official per Rosiak  (Read 16549 times)

HoopDreams

• Starter
Roseboro to MU--official per Rosiak
« on: October 25, 2008, 03:49:01 PM »
MU gets commitment from Roseboro
By Todd Rosiak of the Journal Sentinel

Oct. 25, 2008 3:33 p.m. | The Marquette Golden Eagles received a commitment this afternoon from Brett Roseboro, a 6-foot-9 1/2, 220-pound forward from Quakertown, Pa.

Roseboro is the fifth member of MU's 2009-'10 recruiting class, joining forwards Jeronne Maymon and Erik Williams and guards Junior Cadougan and Dwight Buycks.

Projected as a face-up power forward for the Golden Eagles, Roseboro has experienced a meteoric rise over the past month or so, using strong performances in a couple of late-summer tournaments to garner interest from high-major schools such as Louisville, Villanova, St. John's, Rutgers, West Virgina, St. John's and Maryland.

MU has been involved with Roseboro for about three weeks. Roseboro is currently on his official visit, and will attend 'Marquette Madness' later this evening.

"Basically just the institution, the academics, the basketball," said Roseboro when asked why he chose MU. "Coach (Buzz) Williams really showed that he cared, and that he would be here for me all the years that I was here, and he's going to try and take me to where I want to go."
Tradition Never Graduates..

HoopDreams

• Starter
Re: Roseboro to MU--official per Rosiak
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 03:50:36 PM »
Why we signed him, no idea? Any details would be appreciated...

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 03:56:15 PM »
Sounds interesting.  I'm glad we got another big guy but I'm kind of surprised that we didn't wait to see if Snaer or Colvin committed.  Any more info on Roseboro?

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 03:58:48 PM »
This team needs size.  As great as Snaer or Colvin would look in a MU uniform, size was a more pressing need.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 04:03:18 PM »
Definitely.  If he is a decent low post scorer it would really help a lot.

HoopDreams

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 04:09:19 PM »
This seems to be really out of the blue. The timing is also strange and that there are still '09 prospects out there. Hopefully Buzz has answers and didn't just dish out a scholarship.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 04:10:55 PM »
He is a 6-9 lefty who has really come on strong this past summer.  Suppossedly has good skills, good hands and good footwork.  Looks like a very solid addition.

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 04:15:43 PM »
So... are we done?

bma725

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 04:29:01 PM »
This seems to be really out of the blue. The timing is also strange and that there are still '09 prospects out there. Hopefully Buzz has answers and didn't just dish out a scholarship.

Not really out of the blue, he's been mentioned on the other board for awhile.  He played in the same IS8 AAU tournament as Maymon and did really well.  From the Providence board a few weeks ago:
After some scintillating performances in the NYC IS8 Fall League, suddenly Roseboro has caught the attention of a slew of high- major college basketball programs.

"Oh yeah, it's been crazy around here in the past few weeks," said Keeler. "Temple, Villanova, St. John's, Marquette, Providence, Rutgers, West Virginia, Penn State, and Maryland have all been in so see Brett workout.
"Coach (Keith) Booth was up from Maryland. We had a call from Louisville, and now they are interested. Brett's Mom is trying to slow down the process a bit, because everything is happening so fast. I think Brett is going to take a visit to Marquette, that's pretty much the only thing he has scheduled at the moment."

bma725

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 04:29:47 PM »
So... are we done?

If Snaer or Wilson want to commit, they'll find a spot for them.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 04:35:11 PM »
I could not find Roseboro on any sites, such as Rivals or Scout. Either I did a bad search or this guy is WAY off the radar.  I guess this means no Snaer, Wilson, Colvin or others.  Unless something else is in the works, so?????  Maybe someone else will depart if Wilson or Snaer actually want to come.  Buzz must believe Buycks is the shooting guard for next year and is the quality JUCO as advertised.   Now MU will have three big men around/over 6 10 next year, PF in Maymon, SF in Williams, PG in Cadugan, but may need another shooting guard.  Just another surprise here.  

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 04:43:23 PM »

not an impressive list of recruiting schools...
http://caainsider.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4155&Itemid=101

Brett Roseboro (2009, 6-9 PF/C)
Brett showed to be a talented big man. He is quite agile and nimble for his size. His footwork is very good and he has several moves. Brett had a nice short post turn and banked home a shot. He had a good up and under move on one play. Brett spun towards the left on another play. He showed good hands too. He played quite well in this victory for Quakertown.

nola03

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 05:01:41 PM »
This team needs size.  As great as Snaer or Colvin would look in a MU uniform, size was a more pressing need.

Size they do need.

But I'm sure more fans would like a low post 5 rather then a face up 4.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 05:06:06 PM »
6 months ago, off the radar.   A UWM prospect, if you will.   Improved and blew up in a New York area league, and was suddenly on a whole lot of BEast radars.   A solid get that gives us depth and theoretically versatility up front.   I mean seriously, a 6-9 4/5 with both face the basket and post up skills?   Obviously he has room to improve, but under TC, he would have been touted as the solution to our size problems.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 05:21:17 PM »
Must have been something else in NY.  Really something.  Here's a kid from Quakerstown, Pa., not ranked in any scouting services, has schools such as Maine, Rider and Quinnipac just looking at him, to taking a full ride at a Big East Conference school.  Like finding a mint 65 Corvette in some deceased farmer's barn.   

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 05:30:41 PM »
If Snaer or Wilson want to commit, they'll find a spot for them.

let's hope they do and we do...
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 05:36:34 PM »
I think its safe to assume that both Snaer and Wilson have let Buzz know they're going elsewhere.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 05:39:42 PM »
Size they do need.

But I'm sure more fans would like a low post 5 rather then a face up 4.

We have those in Otule and McMorrow.  We needed a big 4.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2008, 05:41:50 PM »
not an impressive list of recruiting schools...
http://caainsider.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4155&Itemid=101

Brett Roseboro (2009, 6-9 PF/C)
Brett showed to be a talented big man. He is quite agile and nimble for his size. His footwork is very good and he has several moves. Brett had a nice short post turn and banked home a shot. He had a good up and under move on one play. Brett spun towards the left on another play. He showed good hands too. He played quite well in this victory for Quakertown.

Yes that was the list early this year.  Its been more like this:

"After some scintillating performances in the NYC IS8 Fall League, suddenly Roseboro has caught the attention of a slew of high- major college basketball programs.

"Oh yeah, it's been crazy around here in the past few weeks," said Keeler. "Temple, Villanova, St. John's, Marquette, Providence, Rutgers, West Virginia, Penn State, and Maryland have all been in so see Brett workout.
"Coach (Keith) Booth was up from Maryland. We had a call from Louisville, and now they are interested. Brett's Mom is trying to slow down the process a bit, because everything is happening so fast. I think Brett is going to take a visit to Marquette, that's pretty much the only thing he has scheduled at the moment."

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=425&f=1323&t=3200541

mviale

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2008, 05:45:12 PM »
Onmilwaukee added this:
The Buzz on Marquette: The Marquette Golden Eagles were picked sixth in a pre-season poll of Big East coaches. That's not exactly cause for celebration or alarm with a first-year coach in one of the tougher leagues in the country.

Williams and the Golden Eagles received an oral commitment from Brett Roseboro, a 6-foot-10-icn, 220-pound forward from Quakertown, Pa. Roseboro joins the 2009-'10 recruiting class that includes forwards Jeronne Maymon and Erik Williams and guards Junior Cadougan and Dwight Buycks.

Forward Trevor Mbakwe, who left Marquette this summer, apparently has accepted a scholarship from Minnesota for next season. Initial rumors had him following Tom Crean to Indiana, but those were wrong. Mbakwe, who is from the Minneapolis area, will have two years of eligibility.

Marquette point guard Dominic James is an intern at 540 ESPN.

http://www.onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/scorecard102008.html

You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 06:11:46 PM »
Onmilwaukee added this:

Marquette point guard Dominic James is an intern at 540 ESPN. [/b]

http://www.onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/scorecard102008.html

Are you saying DJ leaked it? I don't understand the connection.
SS Marquette

nola03

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 06:18:49 PM »
We have those in Otule and McMorrow.  We needed a big 4.

Forgive my skepticism and I admire your deep optimism.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 06:49:09 PM »
Cool - Scholarship table updated:

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?page=8

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2008, 07:04:12 PM »
Forgive my skepticism and I admire your deep optimism.

You have to admit that next year we will have two players 6'10-7'0 and before this signing we didn't have anyone who is 6'8 or 6'9.  Unless hazel is, i've heard him listed all over the place.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 07:25:50 PM »
You have to admit that next year we will have two players 6'10-7'0 and before this signing we didn't have anyone who is 6'8 or 6'9.  Unless hazel is, i've heard him listed all over the place.

Hazel is about 6'7.

I agree with you Rawdog, next year MU will have McMorrow at 7'0, Otule at 6'10 and now Roseboro at 6'9. Their size alone will be a welcomed addition.

Nola, these guys will definitely need to be developed, but that's now up to the staff. But you can't develop bigs, if you don't have any.

One of the problems I had with Crean is that he didn't bring in enough developmental bigs. I thought him and his staff did a very good job turning Barro, a kid that was newer to the country and didn't play HS basketball, into a serviceable player.