[Today at 07:42:19 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JTJ3
[Today at 06:35:06 AM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Extra Mayo  (Read 2767 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Extra Mayo
« on: February 05, 2015, 09:09:32 AM »
Would've been nice if Toddler would've bought into the team concept like older brother Juice is on the Bucks, aina?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Extra Mayo
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 09:15:58 AM »
It woulda never happened.  That is why I am glad Wojo decided to Hold the Mayo.
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 09:41:00 AM »
It woulda never happened.  That is why I am glad Wojo decided to Hold the Mayo.

+1.  Although I never thought I'd see OJ play within the system of a team either.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 09:49:22 AM »
+1.  Although I never thought I'd see OJ play within the system of a team either.

I am sure every time O.J. sees Todd in person, he ends up having to smack Todd upside the head and say, "What the Hell are you doing? Stop f*cking up your life!"
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 09:54:38 AM »
Would be a nice piece for the Bulls to trade for.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 10:09:58 AM »
Would be a nice piece for the Bulls to trade for.

I would love for the Bucks to trade away Mayo and Knight (and cut Larry).  Mayo has been great for the Bucks this year but the minute the Bucks start to lose I can't imagine he'll remain committed to playing within his roll.  Knight is a talented basketball player but he's a shooting guard that is too small to play shooting guard, and somebody is going to offer him a ton of money this offseason so the Bucks are either going to have to overpay him or watch him walk for nothing.

Unfortunately for the Bucks you can't really go into selling mode when you're only 2.5 games out of first place in your Division and you're more or less a lock to make the Playoffs, with a good chance of the 6 seed.  Everyone in their right mind knows that the dream scenario for the Bucks this season is winning a first round series, and it is far more likely that they get swept out of the first round than actually winning a post season series, so it would be smart to sell, but the Bucks have finally generated a little excitement in Milwaukee and again, I just don't see how they can sell pieces like Mayo and Knight right now.

Back to the 17th picks and 1st round exits it is for the Bucks!

I'll tell you what, though.  If Giannis can develop a jump shot out to 18 feet to keep the defense honest, that kid is going to be legit.  And Parker, assuming he makes a full recovery (fair assumption given modern medicine) and doesn't follow in fellow Chicagoan Derrick Rose's footsteps/is a bit tougher, will always be able to score the ball.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 10:12:04 AM by wadesworld »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 10:16:15 AM »
I am sure every time O.J. sees Todd in person, he ends up having to smack Todd upside the head and say, "What the Hell are you doing? Stop f*cking up your life!"

Uh, O.J. is an enabler in that f*ck up more than anything.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 10:18:25 AM »
I would love for the Bucks to trade away Mayo and Knight (and cut Larry).  Mayo has been great for the Bucks this year but the minute the Bucks start to lose I can't imagine he'll remain committed to playing within his roll.  Knight is a talented basketball player but he's a shooting guard that is too small to play shooting guard, and somebody is going to offer him a ton of money this offseason so the Bucks are either going to have to overpay him or watch him walk for nothing.

Unfortunately for the Bucks you can't really go into selling mode when you're only 2.5 games out of first place in your Division and you're more or less a lock to make the Playoffs, with a good chance of the 6 seed.  Everyone in their right mind knows that the dream scenario for the Bucks this season is winning a first round series, and it is far more likely that they get swept out of the first round than actually winning a post season series, so it would be smart to sell, but the Bucks have finally generated a little excitement in Milwaukee and again, I just don't see how they can sell pieces like Mayo and Knight right now.

Back to the 17th picks and 1st round exits it is for the Bucks!

I'll tell you what, though.  If Giannis can develop a jump shot out to 18 feet to keep the defense honest, that kid is going to be legit.  And Parker, assuming he makes a full recovery (fair assumption given modern medicine) and doesn't follow in fellow Chicagoan Derrick Rose's footsteps/is a bit tougher, will always be able to score the ball.

Yeah, with the new arena in the news, the Bucks aren't selling at all.  And I wouldn't have trouble paying Knight.  The contract won't be too onerous and the Bucks can afford it.

For all of the bad press the Jason Kidd hire generated, that SOB can coach.  IMO he has done a great job with this young roster.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 09:06:14 PM »

For all of the bad press the Jason Kidd hire generated, that SOB can coach.  IMO he has done a great job with this young roster.

Agree, but it's not going to last long IMO.  He's wore out his welcome fairly quickly everywhere he's been.  The Bucks will be no different.  And he has the luxury of coaching a team with zero established stars.  They're a roster of kids trying to make it in the league, so they've bought in.  That's to Kidd's credit no doubt, but I just see his true character shinging through eventually, and probably in not to long. 

For now, though right place, right time, for Kidd and the organization.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 08:37:32 AM »
He's wore out his welcome fairly quickly everywhere he's been

huh? you mean as a player I'd guess but then not apples to apples

feedback