[Today at 12:43:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MU82
[Today at 12:22:29 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Status update  (Read 1886 times)

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
Status update
« on: January 13, 2010, 07:51:22 AM »
MU's record is 10-6. Is this where we expected them to be at this point in the season?

My thoughts: Yes
The good news is they have no "ugly" losses if you define ugly as double diget and terrible play. They have been down big a few times, but battled back to at least make the score respectable and even threaten at the end.

The team has been very entertaining to watch.  There are at least 4 shoulda, coulda losses which I think is to be expected.

I think the second half of the season will be even more entertaining and productive, hopefully with wins.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: Status update
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 07:59:44 AM »
I am glad to see this post had nothing to do with Facebook, but based on the title I wasn't sure going in...

It has been a very entertaining season to date, and must say that this is similar to what I had expected.  But my expectations were based on the presence of Otule and JMay.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 08:30:53 AM »
They have blown away my expectations on a relative scale, given that this is about where I expected them to be...prior to the losses of Junior, O'Toole, and Maymon.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 08:50:10 AM »
I think NC State was a "ugly" loss. That second half showcased some of their worst basketball. Remember, they had an 11 point lead at halftime and at one point in the second half I believe they were down 12. That's quite a surprising turnaround.

For now, it's the worst loss on record. And it may end up being a "bad" loss in the eyes of the committee but we have to see if the ACC will fall victim to the incredible mediocrity of college ball.

Florida State suffered the same fate we did last night and, for sure, their loss to NC State at this time of year is more of a blackeye then ours in early December. We should keep an eye on the Seminoles resume as the year concludes to see just what effect losing to the Wolfpack does to a seed.

Otherwise, this team has played a lot better then I could have dreamed once the Toronto Bulldog and Goggles went down with injury. I think we still have a few surprises left.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 09:50:41 AM »
I think NC State was a "ugly" loss. That second half showcased some of their worst basketball. Remember, they had an 11 point lead at halftime and at one point in the second half I believe they were down 12. That's quite a surprising turnaround.

For now, it's the worst loss on record. And it may end up being a "bad" loss in the eyes of the committee but we have to see if the ACC will fall victim to the incredible mediocrity of college ball.

Florida State suffered the same fate we did last night and, for sure, their loss to NC State at this time of year is more of a blackeye then ours in early December. We should keep an eye on the Seminoles resume as the year concludes to see just what effect losing to the Wolfpack does to a seed.

Otherwise, this team has played a lot better then I could have dreamed once the Toronto Bulldog and Goggles went down with injury. I think we still have a few surprises left.
I agree that NC State was an ugly loss. There is no reason we should have lost that game, especially with a big lead.
Unless you accept the premise that we are not too good.

I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 10:31:25 AM »
My beginning of the year prediction:

Non-Conference (9-3)
Cenetary: Win
UM - Eastern Shore: Win
Grambling: Win
South Dakota: Win
Xavier: Loss
Creighton or Michigan: Win
FSU, Baylor, Bama or Iona:  Win
NC State: Loss
UWM: Win
UW: Loss
North Florida: Win
Presbyterian: Win

Conference(1-3)
WVU - Loss
Villanova - Loss
Georgetown - Win
Villanova - Loss

Switch around games 1 and 3 of the OSC and I guess they were right where I thought...except I would have had at least two of the BE games so far as blowouts (WVU at 20+ for sure) and the other moderately close but not last 30 seconds choke close.