[Today at 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Malek Harris  (Read 22443 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Malek Harris
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2014, 02:27:04 PM »
Yeah - didn't you hear? He set a girl's hair on fire   ;D

It's not really funny, though...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2014, 02:29:57 PM »
That WAS the point of my post. You don't just get suspended from the basketball team for attempted murder.

But Scoopers definitely aren't too worried about the truth when a good lie is much more exciting.

+1000

MU82

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2014, 02:33:53 PM »
But Scoopers definitely aren't too worried about the truth when a good lie is much more exciting.

Back in my journalism days, we used to joke: "Never let the facts ruin a perfectly good story!"
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2014, 02:34:43 PM »
There is no "story" here.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brandx

« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2014, 02:39:43 PM »
It's not really funny, though...

What is funny is people here thinking he set someone's hair on fire.

I find it hilarious that people think the only punishment he would get for doing that is a suspension for the BB team.

Especially when it never happened!!!!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2014, 02:40:28 PM »

I find it hilarious that people think the only punishment he would get for doing that is a suspension for the BB team.

Okay.  Keep telling yourself that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2014, 02:53:02 PM »

http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/showpost.php?s=5d6c2a46139f17d0f67c331fbecbb35c&p=924593&postcount=1287

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2014, 03:01:15 PM »
http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/showpost.php?s=5d6c2a46139f17d0f67c331fbecbb35c&p=924593&postcount=1287

It is well known within the MU athletic department.  Hence why he was not the last recruit to commit, yet we never received a signed NLI.  This was not by Malek's choice, nor was it by Bert's choice.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2014, 03:02:27 PM »

Might want to check yourself.

Intention is the key.

brandx

« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2014, 03:05:13 PM »
Might want to check yourself.

Intention is the key.

Need to move back into the real world.

Multiple drug offenses and attempted murder result in greater consequences than getting kicked off the BB team.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2014, 03:06:34 PM »
Okay.  Keep telling yourself that.

Whether he did that or not but for arguments sake lets say he did. Im not condoning that action or saying its right by any means but how can you be so steadfast in the view that he cant improve and turn it around? You see him as some thug because he made a mistake. People have come back from much worse then that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2014, 03:07:58 PM »

Multiple drug offenses and attempted murder result in greater consequences than getting kicked off the BB team.

Not all drug offenses are created equal.  And where did attempted murder come from?

Whether he did that or not but for arguments sake lets say he did. Im not condoning that action or saying its right by any means but how can you be so steadfast in the view that he cant improve and turn it around? You see him as some thug because he made a mistake. People have come back from much worse then that.

He had already been suspended for other issues before.  Lighting a girl's hair on fire is not "making a mistake."  If me not being okay with giving a kid "another chance" after he has already been suspended for drugs and then again for lighting a girl's hair on fire makes me a worse, less forgiving human being than you, so be it.  I do not want a kid who is willing to set a girl's hair on fire at my alma mater.  And the highest of highs at the University do not want him there either.  Which is a large part of why our former coach Bert is no longer at the University.  Because he couldn't bring in kids like this and he didn't like that.

Just one man's opinion.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:15:37 PM by wadesworld »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2014, 03:08:47 PM »

Wouldn't be attempted murder plus he is a minor.
Goal is National Championship

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2014, 03:11:19 PM »

If you think lighting a girls hair on fire automatically equates to attempted murder you may need to move back into the real world yourself

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2014, 03:14:29 PM »

He had already been suspended for other issues before.  Lighting a girl's hair on fire is not "making a mistake."  If me not being okay with giving a kid "another chance" after he has already been suspended for drugs and then again for lighting a girl's hair on fire makes me a worse, less forgiving human being than you, so be it.  I do not want a kid who is willing to set a girl's hair on fire at my alma mater.

Just one man's opinion.

And thats fine. I just look at it more then the story published such as the background of the person, what life was like for them growing up etc. Also in terms of getting suspended for drugs. Personally I believe that, that is a complete non-issue. Again my personal opinion but I really dont see the big deal for being suspended for weed.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2014, 03:15:27 PM »

He was also suspended his junior year for a different offense.  At some point it stops being a mistake and becomes a pattern. I personally don't know the details so I won't make any assumption but I have to believe that the people making the decision do know a lot more about it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2014, 03:17:43 PM »
And thats fine. I just look at it more then the story published such as the background of the person, what life was like for them growing up etc. Also in terms of getting suspended for drugs. Personally I believe that, that is a complete non-issue. Again my personal opinion but I really dont see the big deal for being suspended for weed.

I can agree with the second part of that.  Suspended for one drug issue, sure.  Give the kid a chance.  He would hardly be the first or last person to experiment with drugs that ended up at Marquette, whether in the basketball program or not.  But lighting a girl's hair on fire is not a "mistake," and is way too far across the line, regardless of what his upbringing was.  That is not acceptable.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2014, 03:22:18 PM »
Do we know if he set a girl on fire or a girl's hair?

We still don't know if the hair was on her head, eg, he broke into her locker and burned her weave

brandx

« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »
I find it hilarious that when you Google Harris - the ONLY mention about setting anyone's hair on fire are from MUScoop.

Except for one entry on the Holy Land of Hoops forum - by MUBill

I wonder which one is your source.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2014, 03:27:47 PM »
I find it hilarious that when you Google Harris - the ONLY mention about setting anyone's hair on fire are from MUScoop.

Does Mike Broeker work?  Or...?

brandx

« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2014, 03:32:07 PM »
If you think lighting a girls hair on fire automatically equates to attempted murder you may need to move back into the real world yourself

You do realize hair is connected to the person (usually ;D)?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2014, 03:33:22 PM »

Can you Google if Harris is a minor or not?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2014, 03:34:11 PM »
Do we know if he set a girl on fire or a girl's hair?

We still don't know if the hair was on her head, eg, he broke into her locker and burned her weave

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2014, 03:34:57 PM »
It is well known within the MU athletic department.  Hence why he was not the last recruit to commit, yet we never received a signed NLI.  This was not by Malek's choice, nor was it by Bert's choice.

Buzz doing his best Tark impression

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2014, 03:36:55 PM »

I just provided another  http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/showpost.php?s=5d6c2a46139f17d0f67c331fbecbb35c&p=924593&postcount=1287

That's not the only source, either.