Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UConn game thread  (Read 17385 times)

Scoop Snoop

• All American
Re: UConn game thread
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2024, 09:43:20 AM »
Snoop

My wife was giving me hard time this morning about “my not caring about the BET”. She had booked an anniversary dinner tonight at a top joint in town and obviously that is not happening. She did book it for after the game, but she knows that I will be celebrating or down after the game “I don’t care much about”.

It is not a round number anniversary and all is good. You can always celebrate an anniversary or birthday, but MU does not always play on a Saturday night at the Garden, or maybe they do now!!

I think marriage vows should be required to fully disclose what husbands are in for. For example, include "and do you Goose, clearly understand that your wife shall have both the right and the duty to give you a hard time anytime she so wishes?"
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2024, 09:44:49 AM »
Any idea this game isn’t important is true in many ways.

However, it is important to the most important people in the equation, the players.  As fans, we get wrapped up looking ahead.  The players are in the here and now.  They have a chance to win a title and trophy.

Is it the ultimate goal?  Even for them, the answer is obviously no.  But they’re ultra competitive and it’s that competitiveness that has gotten them to this point.  It’s that competitiveness that will drive them tonight to finish with streamers falling on them as they get another one for the trophy case.

Important?  Maybe not.  But this isn’t a group happy to be here.  This is a group looking to avenge two losses, defend a title and celebrate a great accomplishment.

Just do it.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2024, 09:48:56 AM »
Rico

Spot on. This game is important to the team and that is why I am all in. There is no doubt they want this game tonight.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2024, 09:51:20 AM »
Interesting that MU has a 26% chance to win; +9.5 line.  Wisconsin 23% to win; +5.5 line.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2024, 09:51:37 AM »
Interesting that MU has a 26% chance to win; +9.5 line.  Wisconsin 23% to win; +5.5 line.

Wisconsin is better

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2024, 09:57:30 AM »
ND sucks

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2024, 10:10:02 AM »
I took the dog for a walk just now and as we were finishing our loop we passed a house 100 yds away that a new family moved into last fall.  I noticed a random blue flag twisted upon itself on the front of their house and couldn't see what it was.  Like a slow motion scene from a movie, I watched it as I walked in front of the house. It finally unfurled into a glorious Marquette University banner and the hair on the back of my neck stood up.  A fellow Warrior (or GE) has moved in nearby!!

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2024, 10:23:19 AM »
Would be glorious to win the Big East tourney again… especially beating UConn in the final.   And I think there is no way that Shaka and team are bit all-in.    They want to win this.  The wildcard is Kolek and if ready how much he plays considering next week.   Being 9.5 dogs adds another chip on their shoulders.   Will be an interesting game that could go any which way. 

Could we win?  Sure thing.   Things just need to fall in place… like threes for example!  Goo Marquette!

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2024, 10:30:56 AM »
Hurley given a tech last night. Here's what he said about their next game:

"I'm probably now the boy who cried wolf because of last game. But I promise you if we play Marquette tomorrow night, there will be no incident because those people are incredibly classy fans and we have incredible respect for them," Hurley said.

Hurley is a good politician and it's working for me

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2024, 10:42:11 AM »
He's laying it on a little thick but I do think there's a healthy amount of respect there. I think a lot of coaches know how hard it is to build something and have an admiration for how quickly Shaka got this thing cooking without a big spend in free agency.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2024, 10:47:31 AM »
It’s good to know that if Shaka ever moves on we’ve got Hurley waiting in the wings to assume his dream job.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2024, 11:24:23 AM »
It’s good to know that if Shaka ever moves on we’ve got Hurley waiting in the wings to assume his dream job.

His comments (esp about connection with Cubillan and Burke) does make me wonder if we were at one point on his list.  Obviously past that point now.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2024, 11:29:12 AM »
Rico

Spot on. This game is important to the team and that is why I am all in. There is no doubt they want this game tonight.

+2.  But, imo part of Shaka's responsibility is to be realistic, prioritize health, and keep the guys' minds right for next week.  If UConn gets up by say, mid-double digits, I would have no problem seeing Shaka get the end of the bench minutes.  Over the past two days Kam, Stevie, and Jop have all played 70 minutes+ and Oso has played 81.  Ross has played 60 and the rest of the team 71 combined.  I'm not saying anything we don't already know about our lack of depth, and I know these are young guys, but I think long conference tournament runs can drain teams at the wrong time.   UConn is insanely good and discretion might be the better part of valor at some point tonight.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2024, 11:41:46 AM »
I took the dog for a walk just now and as we were finishing our loop we passed a house 100 yds away that a new family moved into last fall.  I noticed a random blue flag twisted upon itself on the front of their house and couldn't see what it was.  Like a slow motion scene from a movie, I watched it as I walked in front of the house. It finally unfurled into a glorious Marquette University banner and the hair on the back of my neck stood up.  A fellow Warrior (or GE) has moved in nearby!!

Dont live in CA but was visiting Balboa Island some ten years ago and was admiring some of the homes.  I turned the corner and there was a huge Marquette flag in front of one of the homes.

Wondering what Scooper owns that home!  Prob worth $8 mil. minimum.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2024, 11:43:39 AM »
Rico.  But he only keeps it for tax purposes.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2024, 11:47:18 AM »
Rico.  But he only keeps it for tax purposes.

Like Eric Hovde, most of my property is outside Wisconsin.  Vote me for Senator

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2024, 11:52:17 AM »
Willie lines:

Butt Stuff: O/U 1.5

Criticizing Jolp: O/U 5.5

Genitalia references: O/U .5

A post with no grammatical errors: Off the board

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2024, 12:22:21 PM »
Dont live in CA but was visiting Balboa Island some ten years ago and was admiring some of the homes.  I turned the corner and there was a huge Marquette flag in front of one of the homes.

Wondering what Scooper owns that home!  Prob worth $8 mil. minimum.

Marquette Law grad.  Nice guy.  Big MU supporter. 

Carl

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2024, 12:26:08 PM »
Marquette has an opportunity to make an addition to the rafters at the Fiserv Forum tonight. That does not happen every day or every season. Give them hell tonight!

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2024, 12:54:11 PM »
WHAT A HORRIBLE CALL.

(Just practicing for when the game starts)
VIOLENCE!

Judge Smails

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2024, 01:25:20 PM »
Willie lines:

I’ll take the over on the Jolp criticism

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2024, 01:41:13 PM »
Willie lines:

I'm hitting the over all day on the genitalia references.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American

cheebs09

• All American

nyg

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2024, 03:41:35 PM »
With Clingan and Johnson in the middle, MU guards and wings will not be able to get good drives to the basket.  It will be block city.  Joplin also should not do his back dribbling in the paint against Karaban with Clingan behind him. Ugly.

Just guessing MU will be bombs away from three and hope for the best. Maybe at least 30 attempts.  Good luck and enjoy the game. 

feedback