[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Seashells and Balloons  (Read 11022 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Seashells and Balloons
« Reply #200 on: February 05, 2023, 06:27:34 PM »
My take was to bring it down safely, something they finally did. Better late than never.

And how can my take be “Tucker inspired” when I never heard him comment on the situation? You’re a liar and a despicable human being.

It's a good thing I don't give a sh*t about your opinion on pretty much anything.

And you know deep down in your heart that I'm not lying. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #201 on: February 05, 2023, 07:17:16 PM »
Coach Buses have average lengths of 39'4” (12 m), widths of 8'4” (2.55 m), heights of 12'6” (3.81 m), and have a capacity of 44-49 (+1) seats.

The shuttle measures 122.2 feet long, 56.67 feet high, with wingspan of 78.06 feet.

The balloon was reported to be the size of 3 busses. So both are approximately the same size with shuttle being slightly larger.

Fantastic
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #202 on: February 05, 2023, 07:49:43 PM »

What a bogus excuse. I am sure it could have been shot down "safely" well before it reached the Atlantic. When the Columbia Space Shuttle disintegrated on re-entry over Texas it did not cause any deaths or major property damage on the ground that I recall. There is probably another reason why they did not shoot it down, but I am skeptical of the safe location reason.

The shuttle was three times higher up and traveling significantly faster, scattering debris over a much larger area. Really bad comparison.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #203 on: February 05, 2023, 07:57:21 PM »

It's a good thing I don't give a sh*t about your opinion on pretty much anything.

LOL. That’s why you stalk me.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #204 on: February 05, 2023, 08:02:16 PM »
Coach Buses have average lengths of 39'4” (12 m), widths of 8'4” (2.55 m), heights of 12'6” (3.81 m), and have a capacity of 44-49 (+1) seats.

The shuttle measures 122.2 feet long, 56.67 feet high, with wingspan of 78.06 feet.

The balloon was reported to be the size of 3 busses. So both are approximately the same size with shuttle being slightly larger.

You do realize that the shuttle burned up as it re-entered the atmosphere, which was expected to render it harmless to those on the ground.

The balloon and all its equipment was not going to re-enter the atmosphere. There would have been no "burning up," and the debris would have landed intact on the ground potentially harming individuals or property. Not to mention, we do not fully know what type of equipment or related hazards were on board that could have harmed individuals on the ground.

The shuttle is one of the worst analogies I can conceive of.

• All American
« Reply #205 on: February 05, 2023, 08:04:20 PM »

Someone doesn’t understand the definition of words again!!!!!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #206 on: February 05, 2023, 08:21:43 PM »

Sultan is just trying to be friends with you.

But his personality disorders keep him from making friends, so he tries harder.

Rinse, repeat.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #207 on: February 05, 2023, 08:27:25 PM »
What’s ironic is one of the meat eating lover boys literally did online stalk people from MUScoop. And any time it’s brought up…crickets.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #208 on: February 05, 2023, 09:07:56 PM »

What a bogus excuse. I am sure it could have been shot down "safely" well before it reached the Atlantic. When the Columbia Space Shuttle disintegrated on re-entry over Texas it did not cause any deaths or major property damage on the ground that I recall. There is probably another reason why they did not shoot it down, but I am skeptical of the safe location reason.

Shuttle is a terrible analogy. I'll leave that as is.

As for doubting the action of "safety" I will also disagree. The US military determined (probably very easily) the non threat level of the balloon, determined it couldn't gain any tactical advantage already gathered by a satellite,  and lastly determined the threat was so minor l, and didn't fly over any areas that would be sensitive relative to the balloon (they would have shot it down the moment any national security threat arised)

They concluded that they could wait until it was absolutely sure no danger to any American or resident and then shot it down instantly.

No doubt they had security flying with it the entire time.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #209 on: February 05, 2023, 09:25:59 PM »
What’s ironic is one of the meat eating lover boys literally did online stalk people from MUScoop. And any time it’s brought up…crickets.

To be fair, as insane and unhinged as that was, I’m not sure what more there is to say or be brought up about it? Especially given then perpetrator no longer posts here

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #210 on: February 05, 2023, 09:27:27 PM »
To be fair, as insane and unhinged as that was, I’m not sure what more there is to say or be brought up about it? Especially given then perpetrator no longer posts here

Not sure. I was told I “played the victim” earlier this week. So I just asked how Keefe was doing and asked that the person let him know we miss him around here. That went ignored.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2023, 12:47:28 AM »
So I just asked how Keefe was doing and asked that the person let him know we miss him around here.

Whats this "we", masked man?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 04:44:38 PM by Mutaman »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2023, 04:45:21 AM »
Wades

I have no idea who said you played the victim and why it was even being discussed. I think Wags was spot on in his post, I have no idea what type of response you want when bringing that back up.

But, for one last time, Keefe is doing extremely well. Happy, healthy and enjoying his family. Again, I do not know who the question was asked to about Keefe, but I answered anyway.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2023, 07:17:20 AM »
Wades

I have no idea who said you played the victim and why it was even being discussed. I think Wags was spot on in his post, I have no idea what type of response you want when bringing that back up.

But, for one last time, Keefe is doing extremely well. Happy, healthy and enjoying his family. Again, I do not know who the question was asked to about Keefe, but I answered anyway.

Great. Glad to hear he’s doing well. If you had given me an answer on it before, sorry I missed it.

Tell him hello for me.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2023, 07:30:35 AM »
Wades

No question was directed to me and I felt no need to address the topic. Other than rehashing that you were a victim several years ago, I see no sense in getting into a discussion with you. We get it, you are pissed and rightfully so, what else do you want?

You seem to have a fixation with the MS group and it is unhealthy. Truthfully, I think you had a right to be angry and should have moved on. My gut tells me that you are a forgiving person as a rule, IMO, that is a good rule to live by.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #215 on: February 06, 2023, 07:33:45 AM »

I trusted the process. That perhaps the administration and the military know more than I do about this. Perhaps they have even dealt with this issue before.

Lo and behold...

Did you learn your lesson that not everything requires a Tucker-inspired take? That maybe jumping to conclusions based on limited data is unwise?

I'm guessing the answer will prove to be "no."

do you "trust the process" with everything you hear or only if your comrade news sources say it's so?  well they were telling you that multiple balloons flew during the previous admin too??  so the media who hated the previous admin with a vengeance just kinda let those go?  wouldn't that have been real proof of "russian infiltration" and how they "stole the election"?  don't get me started with dr fettucine again

you are either being disingenuous, naive, or lying but probably all of the above.  i guess now tucker carlson has been discredited because ya'll say so, but that also tells me you guys are afraid of what he has to offer because there just might be an element of truth.   

don't...don't don't don't don't

• All American
« Reply #216 on: February 06, 2023, 07:44:06 AM »

do you "trust the process" with everything you hear or only if your comrade news sources say it's so?  well they were telling you that multiple balloons flew during the previous admin too??  so the media who hated the previous admin with a vengeance just kinda let those go?  wouldn't that have been real proof of "russian infiltration" and how they "stole the election"?  don't get me started with dr fettucine again

you are either being disingenuous, naive, or lying but probably all of the above.  i guess now tucker carlson has been discredited because ya'll say so, but that also tells me you guys are afraid of what he has to offer because there just might be an element of truth.   

I don't really know what you are attempting to say.  Putting coherent thoughts together isn't really your strong suit.  But I will attempt to address your points.

1. I trust that our military leaders knew about this balloon long before we did. I believe that they had a much better handle on how to manage this situation than the typical Scooper or anyone in the news media. This isn't a partisan take.

2. I believe US spy officials who say this has happened before. It wasn't reported by the media because they didn't know about it.  Apparently Trump didn't know about it either. That could mean that the agency didn't think they were a big deal OR because they decided not to tell him. The latter is a problem.

3.  These balloons have nothing to do with Russia or any election. Strange way to throw that in there.

4.  Fauci has been right WAY more than you have so perhaps that's not the slam you think it is.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #217 on: February 06, 2023, 08:10:41 AM »
Wades

No question was directed to me and I felt no need to address the topic. Other than rehashing that you were a victim several years ago, I see no sense in getting into a discussion with you. We get it, you are pissed and rightfully so, what else do you want?

You seem to have a fixation with the MS group and it is unhealthy. Truthfully, I think you had a right to be angry and should have moved on. My gut tells me that you are a forgiving person as a rule, IMO, that is a good rule to live by.

Fair enough. Good advice. Thank you. If you talk to Keefe again please pass along my forgiveness. I’d do it myself but he has gone MIA since then and I have no interest in trying to figure out who he is and get his personal contact information. Had he reached out to apologize, something I think most true men like him typically do when the mess up, I would’ve been happy to tell him myself. I’d think it would’ve been easy enough for him to find a way to contact me, given he found my name, place of employment, job title, and the email addresses of all 3 HR employees at the company. Think he probably could’ve found my email to reach out to me too. So sorry to ask you to tell him he’s forgiven but I’ll move on now that I’ve forgiven him.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2023, 08:14:58 AM »

I don't really know what you are attempting to say.  Putting coherent thoughts together isn't really your strong suit.  But I will attempt to address your points.

1. I trust that our military leaders knew about this balloon long before we did. I believe that they had a much better handle on how to manage this situation than the typical Scooper or anyone in the news media. This isn't a partisan take.

2. I believe US spy officials who say this has happened before. It wasn't reported by the media because they didn't know about it.  Apparently Trump didn't know about it either. That could mean that the agency didn't think they were a big deal OR because they decided not to tell him. The latter is a problem.

3.  These balloons have nothing to do with Russia or any election. Strange way to throw that in there.

4.  Fauci has been right WAY more than you have so perhaps that's not the slam you think it is.

thank you for taking the time out of your busy monday morning schedule

i know i know, the i can't understand what you're trying to say blah blah...

that's what's scary-our military knew about this long before we did???  so how long have they been letting these things just stroll along capturing whatever it is they want?  many here seem to think, well satellites can do the same...really?  the chinese "experts" seem to think differently.

once again, if you are believing everything "they" are telling you, you are being...simple minded

turn it around-you seem so trusting of your media.  if this happened during trump era, we all would still be hearing about it, NOT just now.  i'm sick of the retort-"they all do it"

yeah, fettucine was only wrong about origin of virus, masks and gain of function experiments being funded by us, but otherwise he was all good?

the excuses being made about this balloon need further scrutiny for sure.  especially given the fact that we will be finding out soon how much money the "big guy" got from his side binesses-let's start with the biden-penn center, hey, wasn't he a 'professor" there?  i think he took the amtrack there so many times it pushed him over the million mile club and free drinks in the lounge car
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #219 on: February 06, 2023, 08:22:18 AM »
The military and intelligence gathering agencies are supposed to know about stuff lime this before the media and the public.  That is their job. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #220 on: February 06, 2023, 08:22:48 AM »
You don't think the military knew about this before we did? And you're calling me simple minded and naive? The military, intelligence infrastructure, etc. know about all sorts of stuff than you and I don't know about. And that's fine.  That happens regardless of who the president is.

And I have no idea why you keep bringing up "the media." I don't sit and consume media 24/7 like some people do.

the excuses being made about this balloon need further scrutiny for sure.  especially given the fact that we will be finding out soon how much money the "big guy" got from his side binesses-let's start with the biden-penn center, hey, wasn't he a 'professor" there?  i think he took the amtrack there so many times it pushed him over the million mile club and free drinks in the lounge car

You do realize that this type of nonsense is why no one here takes you seriously right?  Just nonsense upon nonsense.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2023, 08:53:30 AM »
The shuttle was three times higher up and traveling significantly faster, scattering debris over a much larger area. Really bad comparison.

...but not significantly smaller as stated by Pakuni. They shot the balloon down about 7 miles off the coast within viewing distance of residences and tourists on Myrtle Beach. I am sure there are plenty of spots in Montana with a 7 mile radius where there are no people or buildings.

https://time.com/6253086/china-spy-balloon-shot-down-myrtle-beach-onlookers/

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2023, 08:56:20 AM »
I think it's important to see information from both sides of the spectrum.  It's good to see I can just come to MUScoop and get the talking points from Fox News regurgitated here without actually having to watch it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2023, 08:59:37 AM »

that's what's scary-our military knew about this long before we did???  so how long have they been letting these things just stroll along capturing whatever it is they want?  many here seem to think, well satellites can do the same...really?  the chinese "experts" seem to think differently.

once again, if you are believing everything "they" are telling you, you are being...simple minded

turn it around-you seem so trusting of your media.  if this happened during trump era, we all would still be hearing about it, NOT just now.  i'm sick of the retort-"they all do it"

yeah, fettucine was only wrong about origin of virus, masks and gain of function experiments being funded by us, but otherwise he was all good?

Gents - if you want to argue about playing a man vs zone defense against a Chinese balloon, have at it.  If you want to piss and moan about politics, I'll ban you.  Have at it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2023, 08:59:49 AM »

/swoons

9 out of 10
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.