Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] What does the potential NCAA settlement mean for MU?  (Read 5413 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] What does the potential NCAA settlement mean for MU?
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2024, 03:33:51 PM »

If they are employees they aren’t held to academic standards anymore.

They really haven't been in decades anyways.

MU82

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] What does the potential NCAA settlement mean for MU?
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2024, 04:44:20 PM »
I'm not the authority. Just a MU fan, posting on a fan site. But, I was not the only one making authoritative and definitive statements.

The point was, IMO, there a path for having non student players and, like with NIL and pay, the schools may not be making that decision. But a likely scenario could be that being a student is agreed to in a CBA. 

I didn't intend to say I know 100% that is happening.

OK.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

1318WWells

• Starter
I'm not the authority. Just a MU fan, posting on a fan site. But, I was not the only one making authoritative and definitive statements.

The point was, IMO, there a path for having non student players and, like with NIL and pay, the schools may not be making that decision. But a likely scenario could be that being a student is agreed to in a CBA. 

I didn't intend to say I know 100% that is happening.

Agreed.

Plenty of people are making the argument that some players were getting paid all along, now  it’s just out in the open.

Well, there have been plenty of players that weren’t “students” all along. Why would it be surprising if some schools lobbied for that to just be out in the open now? That way they can’t get penalized.

feedback