collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Twitter Reading Limits  (Read 13475 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Twitter Reading Limits
« Reply #325 on: September 19, 2023, 01:19:54 PM »
Just sent ya a PM.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #326 on: September 19, 2023, 01:24:38 PM »
I now have 4 invite codes.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #327 on: September 19, 2023, 01:31:38 PM »
Why Bluesky and not Threads?   Curious for anyone who has tried both.

I was able to port over ~50 Twitter follows to Threads.  No lack of content.  I assume Bluesky doesn't have that many folks, right?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #328 on: September 19, 2023, 01:40:02 PM »

I was able to port over ~50 Twitter follows to Threads.  No lack of content.  I assume Bluesky doesn't have that many folks, right?

Correct, not many people at Bluesky.  Threads requires an Instagram page, that could be part of why not Threads vs. Bluesky. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #329 on: September 19, 2023, 01:45:32 PM »

Don't have an instant gram and don't use bookface.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2023, 07:04:32 PM »
how long are we going to see "posted on X, formerly known as twitter"?? 
don't...don't don't don't don't

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #331 on: September 19, 2023, 07:41:10 PM »
how long are we going to see "posted on X, formerly known as twitter"??

At the rate things are going, probably not much longer.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #332 on: September 20, 2023, 01:34:42 PM »
At the rate things are going, probably not much longer.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #333 on: October 10, 2023, 08:12:56 AM »
At this point it seems reasonable to ask, is Musk intentionally trying to destroy Xitter?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #334 on: October 10, 2023, 08:28:48 AM »
At this point it seems reasonable to ask, is Musk intentionally trying to destroy Xitter?

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/was-elon-musks-strategy-twitter-rcna118490

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #335 on: October 11, 2023, 06:45:59 AM »
https://wheresyoured.at/p/elon-musk-innovator

"It’s impossible to dismiss this as the mere result of Musk’s incompetence and hubris — though both undoubtedly played a part. Musk is a man that is avowedly antagonistic to the truth, and to the legacy media institutions that — although flawed — have historically served an important role by providing accurate information during moments of crisis. That is why, just two weeks ago, he removed the ability for people to report tweets on the basis of political misinformation. And why, in a since-deleted tweet published during the most frenetic hours of violence, he decided to promote two “citizen journalists” as reliable sources of information — with one an unapologetic cheerleader for Assad and Putin, and a track record of casually slinging antisemitic epithets at online sparring partners.

Twitter is, ultimately, a markedly worse place because of Musk. While the last three days demonstrated its newfound deficiencies on a macro level, this decline has been evident for months, and likely explains why an in-depth analysis of X/Twitter by Media Matters found that the top 100 advertisers have reduced their spend on the platform by 90% in the last 12 weeks compared to the 12 weeks before Musk took over. Even considering the rocky economy and shaky ad industry spending, Twitter’s advertisers have all but fled the platform, with the company earning 42% less revenue along with a 28% contraction of individual monthly advertisers from before Musk took over.

X CEO Linda Yaccarino was telling the truth that 90% of these advertisers had returned, but left out a few brutal truths, like HBO (who spent $28.3 million on ads in the 12 weeks before Musk took over) reducing their spend to $23,500 over twelve weeks, or the fact that Visa, who Yaccarino specifically called out on stage, had spent ten dollars in the last 12 weeks, compared to the $77,500 it had spent before."
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #336 on: October 11, 2023, 06:49:57 AM »
Solid chance Twitter gets banned in the EU over this recent spate of misinformation

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #337 on: October 11, 2023, 07:13:26 AM »
Solid chance Twitter gets banned in the EU over this recent spate of misinformation

Twitter is doomed
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #338 on: October 11, 2023, 08:43:52 AM »
From NYT DealBook:

Since taking over X, the social network once known as Twitter, Elon Musk has pledged to impose as few restraints on speech as possible.

But the Israel-Gaza war has driven a flood of misinformation and violent images and videos on the platform, testing the company’s commitment to those principles in the face of criticism from advertisers and hate-speech watchdogs. The stakes are growing for Musk after the European Commission’s top digital regulator warned him to clean up the platform or face steep consequences.

The site “has become a war zone with no ethics,” Achiya Schatz, director of FakeReporter, an Israeli organization that monitors disinformation and hate speech, told The Times. X has faced complaints about misleading posts — including photos and videos taken out of context — and violent imagery, much of it seeded by Hamas. Experts say that combating such content has become much harder since X, under Musk’s ownership, has gutted safety and moderation teams.

This material is appearing on other platforms as well, including WhatsApp and TikTok — to the point that child protection groups are urging parents in Israel to remove social media apps from their kids’ phones. But online advocates called out X, as well as the messaging platform Telegram, for not doing as much as other social networks to remove such content.

X has said it’s committed to policing its platform. Over the weekend, the company said that it was removing newly created Hamas-affiliated accounts, as well as monitoring for hateful or violent content. Still, it added that users also bore responsibility for avoiding disturbing material, including by tweaking their settings.

A top European official has warned Musk about the spread of such content. Thierry Breton, a European Union commissioner, gave the X owner 24 hours to respond to allegations that the platform was disseminating illegal content and disinformation.

Musk pushed back, saying that X’s approach was transparent, and he challenged Breton to list the violations. It is “up to you to demonstrate that you walk the talk,” Breton shot back.

Penalties for failure to comply could be severe. Content moderation is a core part of the Digital Services Act, an E.U. law that requires major tech platforms to monitor for and remove those kinds of posts, as well as outline their protocols for doing so. Rule-breakers face a fine of up to six percent of global revenue, or even temporary suspension of their service in the E.U.

And advertisers, already wary of the increasingly chaotic state of X, may find more reason to pull back, threatening a much-needed revenue stream. “I would say it’s never been a more damaging place for brands to show up,” one ad industry executive told The Financial Times.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #339 on: January 13, 2024, 09:16:52 AM »
Eloon continues to tell the world who he is:

"Earlier this week, multi-hyphenate billionaire Elon Musk endorsed a tweet suggesting Black students at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) have lower IQs and shouldn't become pilots.

"It will take an airplane crashing and killing hundreds of people for them to change this crazy policy of  DIE," he tweeted, intentionally mixing up the letters of the acronym for "diversity, equity, and inclusion."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/civil-rights-groups-horrified-at-elon-musk-s-racist-outburst-against-black-people/ar-AA1mSZ6Q?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=5b703cdf7dc4425598b52a43cf39ef9b&ei=26

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #340 on: January 13, 2024, 10:10:11 AM »
They should have replaced the word ‘horrified’ in the title with ‘not surprised’.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #341 on: January 13, 2024, 01:39:47 PM »
He has a lot of the personality traits that incels do. Super weird guy.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #342 on: January 13, 2024, 02:00:28 PM »
White guy raised amid privilege in Apartheid-era South Africa has problematic views on the intelligence of black people?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #343 on: January 13, 2024, 09:20:35 PM »
White guy raised amid privilege in Apartheid-era South Africa has problematic views on the intelligence of black people?

Interestingly his father, despite being a creep and douche, was a member of a progressive anti-Apartheid party when he was involved in local politics.  Obviously more goes into it but it’s not as direct as the “he was a wealthy white in SA, of course he hates black people” I’ve seen posited more than a few times

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #344 on: January 13, 2024, 10:08:14 PM »
Interestingly his father, despite being a creep and douche, was a member of a progressive anti-Apartheid party when he was involved in local politics.  Obviously more goes into it but it’s not as direct as the “he was a wealthy white in SA, of course he hates black people” I’ve seen posited more than a few times

He might just be regular old dips*** racist, not stemming from childhood originating in apartheid racist.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #345 on: January 14, 2024, 06:37:04 AM »
I know nothing about Musk's father, but someone can be anti-apartheid and still be racist. Just like people in the United States were anti-slavery but still didn't want their daughter marrying a black man.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #346 on: January 14, 2024, 07:32:12 AM »
but it’s not as direct as the “he was a wealthy white in SA, of course he hates black people” I’ve seen posited more than a few times
I didn't write anything about Musk hating anyone.
I think growing up on the privileged side of an Apartheid state, it would be nearly impossible not to be influenced by the doctorine behind it, whether you embrace the actual practice or not.
There were plenty of abolitionists who believed Blacks inferior. There's an entire country in Africa that exists because of it.

feedback